ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp's Rafters NBA GM Scratch Draft: CoolCat9Lives OTC

He plays for Denver = nobody has ever seen him play.

I try to watch a lot with league pass and I probably only watched 10-12 full Denver games. Will watch more this year though since they have a nice young core of Jokic, Mudiay, Harris, Murray.

Probably the most unheralded guy I'll take, but I REALLY want this guy on my team.

I want my bench guys to play good defense and be able to catch and knock down open shots.

This guy epitomizes that. An excellent perimeter defender. A career 40+% 3 point shooter. He had a down regular season before shooting 50% from
3 in the playoffs.

He's excelled in thenplayoffs, especially the finals.

Danny Green.

Reactions: Aike and UKcats1988
Rupps runt- Kevin Durant, F, Kyrie Irving G., Andre Drummond, C. Kevin Love, F. Dwyane Wade, G. Victor Oladipo, G. Dwight Howard, C. Kenneth Faried, F. Rudy Gay, F.

BigBlueFanGA-Stephen Curry, G. DeMar DeRozan, G., DeAndre Jordan, C. Jamal Murray, G. Derrick Favors F/C. Enes Kanter, C/F. Chandler Parsons, F. Kris Dunn, G. Trey Lyles, F.

GonzoCat90-Russell Westbrook, G. Draymond Green, F, Hassan Whiteside, C. Andrew Wiggins G/F. Nicolas Batum, G/F. Serge Ibaka F/C. Ben Simmons, F. JJ Redick, G. Danilo Gallinari, F. Myles Turner, C/F.

Cats192-Kawhi Leonard, F. James Harden, G. Kyle Lowry, G. Al Horford, C/F. Marc Gasol, C. Brook Lopez, C. Mike Conley, G. Andre Iguodola, F. Danny Green, G.

JBHolmesFan-Coach- Brad Stevens. Anthony Davis, F. Damian Lillard, G, Blake Griffin, F. Carmelo Anthony, F. Avery Bradley, G. Nerlens Noel F/C. Jae Crowder, F. Jrue Holiday, G. Al Jefferson, C.

Gossie21- Coach- Gregg Popovich. Karl Towns, C. Lemarcus Aldridge, F. Kemba Walker, G. CJ McCollum, G. Khris Middleton, G/F. Julius Randle F. Bismack Biyombo, C. Jabari Parker, F. Elfrid Payton, G.

UKCats1988- Coach- Steve Kerr. Demarcus Cousins, C. Chris Paul, G, Gordon Hayward,F/G. Paul Milsap F. Eric Bledsoe, G. Bradley Beal, G. Nikola Jokic C/F. Brandon Ingram, F. Tobias Harris, F.

Aike- John Wall, G. Klay Thompson, G, Greak Freak, F/G. Devin Booker, G. MKG, F. Rudy Gobert, C. Tristan Thompson, C/F. Tyler Ulis, G. Steven Adams, C. Zach Lavine, G.

Catsfan3523-Paul George, F/G. Jimmy Butler, G/F, Isaiah Thomas, G., Kristaps Porzingis F. Reggie Jackson, G. Nikola Vucevic C. Brandon Knight, G. Dirk Nowitzki, F. D'Angelo Russell, G. Greg Monroe, C/F.

Last edited:
I will take Jrue Holliday. He was 11th in PER for point guards this year. He will add great scoring off the bench. Averaged 18 and 6 this season.

I will take Jrue Holliday. He was 11th in PER for point guards this year. He will add great scoring off the bench. Averaged 18 and 6 this season.

It's easy to average big numbers in four games. Poor guy is made of peanut brittle. He was on track to be a superfreak and his body just wouldn't let him.

Reactions: Aike
I'm just not in love with a lot of my options right now. There are a few players I like, but nobody that just blows my mind that they have slid to me.

So I'll go with a coach and grab the biggest curmudgeon but also the best coach in the league. All of my players are going to play their best or they will play in the D-league, DAMMIT.

I'll take Gregg Poppovich

popo.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: UKcats1988 and Aike
It's easy to average big numbers in four games. Poor guy is made of peanut brittle. He was on track to be a superfreak and his body just wouldn't let him.
He played 65 this year. Coming off the bench will help him stay healthy. With Lillard on the team he won't need to play big minutes. He also averaged 17 not 18. My mistake

He played 65 this year. Coming off the bench will help him stay healthy. With Lillard on the team he won't need to play big minutes. He also averaged 17 not 18. My mistake

Played through injuries a handful of times too. Of those 65, he was probably full strength for 45-50. The Pelicans must have the worst training staff in the league. Couple of guys already taken and a couple more I won't mention yet that just can't seem to stay healthy down there.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Played through injuries a handful of times too. Of those 65, he was probably full strength for 45-50. The Pelicans must have the worst training staff in the league. Couple of guys already taken and a couple more I won't mention yet that just can't seem to stay healthy down there.
My trainer is much better. Won't be an issue.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Small ball is alive and well, but the WCF showed us that the 7 footer is not dead.

By season's end, many were calling this guy the best center in the league.

I'll take Steven Adams.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Dang that was my pick.

I'll pick in a few minutes. Have to go back and look again to see who I want
Yeah. That would have been my pick if I hadn't gone with Pop. I was starting to formulate my argument in favor of him when I realized there's about 10 other guys just like him that I could pick up later. (that is certainly an exaggeration, Tobias is a valuable asset, plus his name is Tobias).

tobias-funke-excuuuuuuuse-me-o.gif

Yeah. That would have been my pick if I hadn't gone with Pop. I was starting to formulate my argument in favor of him when I realized there's about 10 other guys just like him that I could pick up later. (that is certainly an exaggeration, Tobias is a valuable asset, plus his name is Tobias).

tobias-funke-excuuuuuuuse-me-o.gif
He's a real valuable asset, definitely where he was picked at.

Give me D'Angelo Russell and Greg Monroe
Greg Monroe certainly qualifies as an "I can't believe this guy is still available" pick. His numbers dipped a little this past year, but that happens a lot when you switch to a new team. Great passer, very good rebounder. Just a great asset to have on a team.

He's a real valuable asset, definitely where he was picked at.
Agreed, but where we only have 9 active teams, so there are a whole lot of picks that have incredible value this late in the game.

It's not like last year when we had 12 teams picking and we were talking ourselves into [player's name redacted]. I mean I can't believe I picked that guy.

Reactions: catsfan3523
Since the assignment is team we will most enjoy being a fan of, I'll take Zach LaVine to dunk on everyone's head.

Reactions: gossie21
I need a back up point guard and why not go with the player with the most exciting hair. I will take Elfrid Payton. First rookie since Antoine Walker to post back-to-back triple doubles. His numbers weren't mind blowing this year, although he did record the 12th highest APG in the league. He is also generally regarded as on of the best up and coming point guards. Here he is dropping a dime to the recently drafted Tobias Harris.

elft12bouncepassjam.gif

Reactions: catsfan3523
Greg Monroe certainly qualifies as an "I can't believe this guy is still available" pick. His numbers dipped a little this past year, but that happens a lot when you switch to a new team. Great passer, very good rebounder. Just a great asset to have on a team.
I've had my eye on Monroe for a few rounds and just couldn't pass him up here. I don't think he fits with the Bucks well at all, but he is still a very good player. Still averaged 16 and 9 this year

I'll take Al Jefferson if he's available. I'm on my phone and it's hard to check the rosters. I checked and I didn't notice him but I thought he had been picked a few rounds ago. If he's unavailable I have my plan B ready.

I'll take Al Jefferson if he's available. I'm on my phone and it's hard to check the rosters. I checked and I didn't notice him but I thought he had been picked a few rounds ago. If he's unavailable I have my plan B ready.
Big Al is all yours.

Chris Bosh might never play again. Stud if he does. Can't not take him this late. May have to have a couple crooked doctors on staff.

Reactions: UKcats1988
Chris Bosh is spending most of his time preparing for Jurassic World 2. I'm not sure how focused he will be on basketball.

As a rookie, this 20-year old finished in the top 20 in blocks per game, added more than 10 points per contest and even displayed a budding three point shot, all while playing crucial minutes on a playoff team

Despite being 7 feet, 250, he's mobile, athletic and versatile. Which means he clearly belongs on my team.

Give me Myles Turner, C/F.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT