ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft HotelBlue Winner!

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to another Rupp Rafters NBA Draft!!!

Participants will have 12 rounds to draft a team cable of winning multiple championships in a 7 year window. We will be drafting current NBA players. You will have 4 hours between picks. Dead period is 11 PM till 7 AM

1. @hotelblue - Anthony Davis, Jimmy Butler, Kyrie Irving, Buddy Hield, Steven Adams, Draymond Green, Kendrick Nunn, Norman Powell, Mason Plumlee, Marcus Morris, Miles Bridges, Malik Monk

2. @GonzoCat90 - Luka Doncic, Donovan Mitchell, Brandon Ingram, TJ Warren, Duncan Robinson, Montrezl Harrell, Marcus Smart, Jonas Valanciunas, Dennis Schroder, Rui Hachimura, LaMelo Ball, Mo Bamba

3. @YaySports - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Bradley Beal, James Harden, Brandon Clarke, Miles Turner, PJ Washington, OG Anunoby, Chris Paul, Terry Rozier, James Wiseman, Lamarcus Aldridge, Matisse Thybulle

4. @UKNorse - Nikola Jokic, Ja Morant, Kristaps Porzingis, Kelly Oubre Jr, Fred VanVleet, Mitchell Robinson, Markelle Fultz, Devonte' Graham, Lauri Markkanen, Deni Avdija, Obi Toppin, Alex Caruso

5. @jrpross - Damian Lillard, Zion Williamson, Klay Thompson, D'Andre Ayton, Jonathan Isaac, John Wall, Will Barton, Serge Ibaka, Tim Hardaway Jr., Marvin Bagley III, Anthony Edwards, Harrison Barnes

6. @JHannibalSmith - Kawhi Leonard, Pascal Siakam. Jaylen Brown, Domantas Sabonis, Jrue Holiday, Gordon Hayward, Clint Capela, Davis Bertans, Evan Fournier, Thomas Bryant, Coby White, Luke Kennard

7. @Cowtown Cat - Jamal Murray, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Paul George, Rudy Gobert, Robert Covington, Jarrett Allen, Jarrett Culver, Spencer Dinwiddie, Eric Bledsoe, DeAndre Hunter, Wendell Carter, KCP

8. @drcats2013 - Steph Curry, Lebron James, John Collins, CJ McCollum, Kemba Walker, Nikola Vucevic, Blake Griffin, Hassan Whiteside, Keldon Johnson, Danny Green, Rajon Rondo, Seth Curry

9. @LukaszObrzut - Joel Embiid, Trae Young, Ben Simmons, Michael Porter Jr, Malcolm Brogdan, Lonzo Ball, Victor Oladipo, Joe Harris, Kevin Love, RJ Barrett, Mikal Bridges, Bobby Portis

10. @GoBigBlue712 - Karl-Anthony Towns, De’Aaron Fox, Zach LaVine, Khris Middleton, Julius Randle, Danilo Gallinari, Collin Sexton, Aaron Gordon, Brook Lopez, Gary Harris, Tristan Thompson, Kira Lewis Jr.

11. @Nkycatfan17 - Devin Booker, Bam Adebayo, D'Angelo Russell, Jaren Jackson Jr, Jerami Grant, Tobias Harris, Dejounte Murray, Josh Richardson, Christian Wood, Bojan Bogdanovic, Kevin Huerter, Bol Bol

12. @quest4#9 - Jayson Tatum, Kevin Durant, Tyler Herro, Russell Westbrook, Caris levert, Andre Drummond, Andrew Wiggins, Jusuf Nurkic, Kyle Lowry, Eric Gordon, Immanuel Quickley, Cam Reddish

Last edited:
If you're going to twist my arm about it, I guess I'll take the most skilled 21-year-old of all time.

29-10-9 with a PER of 28.

A 6'7, 230 point guard. The youngest player *ever* to finish top 5 in the MVP voting. We saw his ability to take over, carry a team, and make clutch shots in the playoffs, which most guys don't develop until much later in their careers (if ever at all).

Give me the future top-20 all-time great, Luka Doncic.

Reactions: DraftCat
Assuming @YaySports picks who we all think goes next.... 4th spot gets interesting in a 7 year rebuild. Not too many Superstars in that happy prime range

Reactions: jrpross
Assuming @YaySports picks who we all think goes next.... 4th spot gets interesting in a 7 year rebuild. Not too many Superstars in that happy prime range

Agreed. Lots of potential ways to do this. It'll be interesting to see which direction everyone takes and what they can sell to voters.

Not to overly discuss guys that haven't been drafted, but I think people have seen what that style of play turns into in the playoffs.

It's virtually impossible to build around a star that can't shoot in today's NBA, even if you load up with good shooters around them.

Not to overly discuss guys that haven't been drafted, but I think people have seen what that style of play turns into in the playoffs.

It's virtually impossible to build around a star that can't shoot in today's NBA, even if you load up with good shooters around them.

not sure I agree with the last sentence.

not sure I agree with the last sentence.

We just saw two seasons of the most talented guy you can imagine flanked by everyone from the center spot on down raining threes and it still doesn't work when it matters.

Put your biggest athlete on Giannis, pack the lane, and the Bucks go home. Even with a good coach and a really good supporting cast in a weak eastern conference. Those guys aren't good enough to get open by themselves if you don't have to respect Giannis.

We just saw two seasons of the most talented guy you can imagine flanked by everyone from the center spot on down raining threes and it still doesn't work when it matters.

Put your biggest athlete on Giannis, pack the lane, and the Bucks go home. Even with a good coach and a really good supporting cast in a weak eastern conference. Those guys aren't good enough to get open by themselves if you don't have to respect Giannis.

yet two teams that made the final are teams with non-shooting star/superstar. Of course Lebron shot a lot better this year then normal, but for how many years were he sub-par shooter.

Also, Giannis is still super young, year younger than AD. Middleton wilted big time and that was the major key. Have a good 2/3 player for Giannis and the bucks, and they can EASILY win the title. They have no #2.

Shows how hard it is to win in playoffs. Dont think it says anything about Giannis really.

yet two teams that made the final are teams with non-shooting star/superstar. Of course Lebron shot a lot better this year then normal, but for how many years were he sub-par shooter.

Also, Giannis is still super young, year younger than AD. Middleton wilted big time and that was the major key. Have a good 2/3 player for Giannis and the bucks, and they can EASILY win the title. They have no #2.

Without overly discussing names, your #2 wilting is why your number one can't be one dimensional. LeBron is incredibly far from a nonshooter, and hasn't been one since early in his career. The league has changed a ton since 2007.

Without overly discussing names, your #2 wilting is why your number one can't be one dimensional. LeBron is incredibly far from a nonshooter, and hasn't been one since early in his career. The league has changed a ton since 2007.

Giannis isn't one-dimensional. LOL

You are trying to talk about Giannis as if he has legit 2/3 like other recent championship team didn't have them.

EDIT: one more point, also stop talking about Giannis as if he is a finished product. Like Davis, he is still super young and growing. Also, AD struggled in NBA playoff...joins Lebron and wins a title...

I've drafted this guy a lot over the years. At 25 years of age with a 20, 10, 7 statline I can expect the same if not better for the entire 7 year stretch.

I'll take 7'0 Center Nikola Jokic who just made a crazy run to the WCF before falling to the Champs

I've drafted this guy a lot over the years. At 25 years of age with a 20, 10, 7 statline I can expect the same if not better for the entire 7 year stretch.

I'll take 7'0 Center Nikola Jokic who just made a crazy run to the WCF before falling to the Champs

wow, surprising pick, TBH. but also didn't know he was only 25, damn.

Surprising pick at 4 but he can plug and play into almost any offense you wanna build. Fun little starter piece

We could probably draft for each other at this point. [laughing]

Giannis isn't one-dimensional. LOL

You are trying to talk about Giannis as if he has legit 2/3 like other recent championship team didn't have them.

EDIT: one more point, also stop talking about Giannis as if he is a finished product. Like Davis, he is still super young and growing. Also, AD struggled in NBA playoff...joins Lebron and wins a title...

He's one dimensional offensively. It's a tremendous dimension, and he's an incredible player, I just see the way the game is trending and your best player putting his head down and trying to dunk is the easiest thing to gameplan for. It's why even the league's best physical specimen can be beaten by an inferior team.

Giannis' 2nd option is roughly as good as the one the Warriors had at the beginning of their run. He's a top 25-30 guy in the league. He isn't AD, but he's a 50-40-90 guy and a perennial all star, plus it allows the Bucks to have incredible depth and balance.

I agree that he's not a finished product. But 25 isn't 20 either. Shooting has been a weakness that he has focused on greatly. It's not simply a matter of getting older and becoming a perfect player. You don't grow into being a great shooter.

Obviously, we're splitting hairs. I'm just telling you why he went third instead of first.

wow, surprising pick, TBH. but also didn't know he was only 25, damn.

I'm not sure how surprising it really is... he is aldready a superstar before hitting his prime years. With proven playoff success. Out of the star players remaining your either projecting what they will do or will be dinosaurs towards the end of the 7 year timeline.

With Jokic I make sure for the entire run I got a stud at a position of need.

Giannis reminds me of a more versatile Dwight Howard. Dwight had all the athleticism and physical tools, but never worked on developing offensive moves. He just wanted to dunk over everyone. If Giannis wants to make the leap (which is weird to say about the 2x league MVP) then he needs to develop more offensive moves. I think he gets there, but he's got a whole other level he could reach once he puts it all together.

Also, I just looked to see the last time LeBron won the MVP award, and it was back in 2013. That just doesn't seem possible.

Also, keep me in mind if you need someone an alternate to sub in. I'm not one here as much any more, but these drafts are a fun way to pass the time.

Problem with Giannis is he has zero touch and no dribble moves to speak of so he can’t even develop some kind of floater or anything off the dribble to avoid committing so many charges.

Everyone wants to talk about him learning to shoot 3s being the next step, but I think improving his ball handling and dribble move set would be far more impactful, and it would really help with the three point shot along the way. Hard to get a passable pull up three with mediocre ball handling skills.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
He's one dimensional offensively. It's a tremendous dimension, and he's an incredible player, I just see the way the game is trending and your best player putting his head down and trying to dunk is the easiest thing to gameplan for. It's why even the league's best physical specimen can be beaten by an inferior team.

Giannis' 2nd option is roughly as good as the one the Warriors had at the beginning of their run. He's a top 25-30 guy in the league. He isn't AD, but he's a 50-40-90 guy and a perennial all star, plus it allows the Bucks to have incredible depth and balance.

I agree that he's not a finished product. But 25 isn't 20 either. Shooting has been a weakness that he has focused on greatly. It's not simply a matter of getting older and becoming a perfect player. You don't grow into being a great shooter.

Obviously, we're splitting hairs. I'm just telling you why he went third instead of first.

I could say a lot about this, but the first thing is Khris Middleton.

He's a 50-40-90 guy?!?!?....did you even see him in the playoff? He shot 39%/35%/82%, he was atrocious. His effective FG % was 45%, which would be lower than all the starters on the Miami heats team. He was a no show, and anyone who saw the playoff knows that he was just bad. Congrats on his regular-season awards? but he can't do shit when it counts. Top 25-30, lol...

The second point related to Khris is the fact that you compared to the warriors at the beginning of their run? Are you talking about when they won the title or losing in the first round? You do realize their roster has Klay and Draymond, with Harnes and Bogut(who was an all-defensive team). While having Iggy coming off the bench, who was finals MVP. Warriors had a lot of proven players coming off...

There’s definitely a few ways I could go here. But considering injuries and giving a year or two on some other guys, I’ll take the dude who was already a top 10 player in the league and just had a preposterous year of 30 points & 8 assists a game.

I’ll take Damian Lillard

@JHannibalSmith you up.

I'm not sure how surprising it really is... he is aldready a superstar before hitting his prime years. With proven playoff success. Out of the star players remaining your either projecting what they will do or will be dinosaurs towards the end of the 7 year timeline.

With Jokic I make sure for the entire run I got a stud at a position of need.

just didn't realize he was so popular here. lol

I would say, he is in the top 8. Not sure where exactly he would fit in for me.

but yeah, him being 25 REALLY helps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT