ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time NBA Draft Winner GoBigBlueFanGA

I’ll take “The Mad Scientist”, Don Nelson. He didn’t win a championship but is the ideal coach for teams like this. He is a HOFer, won COY 3 times & is the NBA’s all-time winningest coach. His teams were very fun to watch & usually unconventional in one way or another. He’s credited with creating the point forward role & would get the most out of Giannis IMO. @YaySports OTC

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I’ll take “The Mad Scientist”, Don Nelson. He didn’t win a championship but is the ideal coach for teams like this. He is a HOFer, won COY 3 times & is the NBA’s all-time winningest coach. His teams were very fun to watch & usually unconventional in one way or another. He’s credited with creating the point forward role & would get the most out of Giannis IMO. @YaySports OTC
Good pick.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
With my last ill take a position that maybe isnt a total need but guy was a beast, especially in PnR, ill take Amare Stoudamire (assuming he hasnt been picked).

Reactions: drcats2013
I would say absolutely

also, you could draft Steve Kerr, for example, twice; once as a player and once as a coach
I figured it would be ok, but just wanted to be sure. All I've got left to pick is a coach. There's 3 all-time greats still left and one that probably no one has even considered as their coach that's going to be my pick.

Reactions: drcats2013
I figured it would be ok, but just wanted to be sure. All I've got left to pick is a coach. There's 3 all-time greats still left and one that probably no one has even considered as their coach that's going to be my pick.

Yes that is fine. One of the reasons why I have (HC) on the list

Then I'm going to take a guy that had a very short coaching career but was damn good. Won nearly 70% of his games, finishing in the Eastern conference finals twice and the NBA finals in his only 3 years as a coach. He also accomplished that with only 1 superstar and a bunch of dudes. He's the only person in history to win NBA MVP, NBA coach of the year, and NBA executive of the year. It also helps that he's my favorite player of all-time.

Head Coach Larry Bird.

Again, I have 8 studs to shoulder the scoring load, so why not add another winner, and one of the best on ball defenders in league history. He has shut down the likes of Lebron James and Kobe Bryant in playoff completion. He’s also one of the best 3 point shooters in league history, leading the league once in percentage. Give me Bruce Bowen. @RunninRichie close her out strong.

Reactions: 420grover
tenor.gif
@WilmoreCat

Drazen Petrovic

• Haha
Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I have no idea if it'll help me or not come voting time, but one thing I will say for my team is they have the most championships won with 48 combined between players and coach, great chemistry (Russell/Havlicek/Jones played together while Auerbach coached them and then Bill Russell eventually became a player/coach, Nash and Marion spent time together in Phoenix, Jerry Lucas played with Havlicek in college, Dave Cowens played with Havlicek with the Celtics) and three of my players were or currently are NBA head coaches (Nash right now, Russell and Dave Cowens were head coaches for a time), which speaks to intelligence. And the one that currently is a coach, Steve Nash, has I'd say maybe the toughest job in the league with the Nets trying to make the Harden/Durant/Kyrie trio work.

Obviously I think my team can thrive in today's format, but everyone will obviously believe that about their team. As far as that goes, I'll go more into detail on it later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT