ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time College Draft Winner Cowtown Cat!

Waiting on you to make the case that Jodie Meeks is one of the 50 best players of the last 20 years.
Well according to the internet, Meeks compares very favorably stat wise across the board with Malcolm Brogdon, except Meeks had a higher scoring average and more steals per game.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Well according to the internet, Meeks compares very favorably stat wise across the board with Malcolm Brogdon, except Meeks had a higher scoring average and more steals per game.

Virginia plays such a slow pace that you're not likely to find huge per game averages.

Brogdon was defensive POY and a 2x AA, plus way more rebounds and assists. So if the shooting/scoring numbers are similar, that makes my point.

Norse knows he reached. Don't let him make you make his case for him lol.

What Billy G doesn't realize is my team is set up perfectly.

Wall + Brunson will drive or kick to Redick or Meeks for the open high percentage 3 ball. By the off chance that isn't there.. you have Demarcus Cousins going one on one with likely an inferior defender for easy buckets.

On defense my guards defense are serviceable... however they will be mostly funneling players into my shot blockers (Noel and Shelden) Creating run outs and fast breaks opportunities.

I think your Jodie Meeks argument is so ridiculous.. I can't even entertain it right now. We can wait till the playoffs before I get into that ish

Well if you're going to play 10 guys at once you'll have a hard team to beat. I wasn't aware that was your strategy.

My team has snipers everywhere. Can’t believe nobody picked Kaminsky before me. Footwork jesus and a great shooter.

Reactions: DraftCat
Virginia plays such a slow pace that you're not likely to find huge per game averages.

Brogdon was defensive POY and a 2x AA, plus way more rebounds and assists. So if the shooting/scoring numbers are similar, that makes my point.

Not way more. Brogdon played in one more game his Senior year than Meeks did his Junior year. Brogdon had 28 more rebounds while playing one more game and had fewer steals.
Plus, when Meeks wasn’t able to play much as a Sophomore, he had a few big scoring games playing hurt. Is a healthy Meeks an All American as a sophomore? Plus, he played with garbage/injured point guards.

Last edited:
Not way more. Brogdon played in one more game his Senior year than Meeks did his Junior year. Brogdon had 28 more rebounds while playing one more game and had fewer steals.
Plus, when Meeks was able to play as a Sophomore, he had a few big scoring games playing hurt. Is a healthy Meeks an All American as a sophomore? Plus, he played with garbage/injured point guards.

Like I said, you're not factoring in pace/possessions. Also Jodie played with a better post guy (no names) than Brogdon.

I'm not saying Meeks wasn't a good player. I'm just saying he's still on the board if he played somewhere else.

Like I said, you're not factoring in pace/possessions. Also Jodie played with a better post guy (no names) than Brogdon.

I'm not saying Meeks wasn't a good player. I'm just saying he's still on the board if he played somewhere else.
Pace? I don’t remember Billy G being a run and gun coach.

Pace? I don’t remember Billy G being a run and gun coach.

15-16 Virginia/opponents averaged about 10 fewer possessions/shot attempts per game than 08-09 Kentucky/opponents.

If you're the guy who takes most of the shots like Jodie (over 30% usage rate) that's going to equal more points. It should also equal more just about everything else too, but it didn't.

Also here are some guys Brogdon played with. I can name them because no one will draft them: Anthony Gill, London Perrantes, Mike Tobey, Isaiah Wilkins.

Jodie had better talent around him and played at a faster pace. A lot of that is on Billy G, but a lot of it is on Jodie being pretty one dimensional.

And now you see the problem.

Billy G can call it a reach all he wants... but I have two 40% 3 point shooters on my team. The object of the game has always been to put the ball in the basket. I just happen to have players who can do that.

We can't all draft the NBA Mon-Stars

I have four starters who shot 40% from three and KAT at the five. And they play defense. And rebound.

Anyway, enough attention to the 9th best team. Let's get some picks in.

I'm all good, wasn't anything too serious, just a kid that pulled out across 2 lanes of traffic as I was going about 45. Got away with just some light head injuries but dealing with the aftermath all day yesterday was a way bigger pain.
Sounds serious enough to me, and definitely a lot to deal with. Glad you came away relatively unscathed.

I'll jump on the Grenade - Christian Laettner is my pick... personally because I never had a chance to hate him like most of you. Also I went to the UK vs. Villains game a few years ago and loved that he participated.

@GoBigBlue712

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT