ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp's Rafters NBA GM Scratch Draft: CoolCat9Lives OTC

There's one guy most qualified to coach this elite collection of talent I've assembled.

Master of the triangle and ambassador of pace and space.

Owner of a sparkling 39-4* win/loss record.

Luke Theodore Walton.

The rest of you can have your curmudgeons.

Reactions: gossie21
Rupps runt- Coach- Stan Van Gundy. Kevin Durant, F, Kyrie Irving G., Andre Drummond, C. Kevin Love, F. Dwyane Wade, G. Victor Oladipo, G. Dwight Howard, C. Kenneth Faried, F. Rudy Gay, F. Jeff Teague, G. Willie Cauley Stein, C/F. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, G/F.

BigBlueFanGA- Coach- Rick Carlisle. Stephen Curry, G. DeMar DeRozan, G., DeAndre Jordan, C. Jamal Murray, G. Derrick Favors F/C. Enes Kanter, C/F. Chandler Parsons, F. Kris Dunn, G. Trey Lyles, F. Evan Fournier, G. Terrence Ross, G/F. Harrison Barnes, F.

GonzoCat90-Coach- Erik Spoelstra. Russell Westbrook, G. Draymond Green, F, Hassan Whiteside, C. Andrew Wiggins G/F. Nicolas Batum, G/F. Serge Ibaka F/C. Ben Simmons, F. JJ Redick, G. Danilo Gallinari, F. Myles Turner, C/F. Goran Dragic, G. JR Smith, G.

Cats192-Coach- Doc Rivers. Kawhi Leonard, F. James Harden, G. Kyle Lowry, G. Al Horford, C/F. Marc Gasol, C. Brook Lopez, C. Mike Conley, G. Andre Iguodola, F. Danny Green, G. Chris Bosh, F/C. Wes Matthews, G. Jonas Valancianus, C.

JBHolmesFan-Coach- Brad Stevens. Anthony Davis, F. Damian Lillard, G, Blake Griffin, F. Carmelo Anthony, F. Avery Bradley, G. Nerlens Noel F/C. Jae Crowder, F. Jrue Holiday, G. Al Jefferson, C. Buddy Hield, G. Tyreke Evans, F/G. Justise Winslow, F.

Gossie21- Coach- Gregg Popovich. Karl Towns, C. Lemarcus Aldridge, F. Kemba Walker, G. CJ McCollum, G. Khris Middleton, G/F. Julius Randle F. Bismack Biyombo, C. Jabari Parker, F. Elfrid Payton, G. Aaron Gordon, F. Rodney Hood, G/F. Aaron Harrison, G.

UKCats1988- Coach- Steve Kerr. Demarcus Cousins, C. Chris Paul, G, Gordon Hayward,F/G. Paul Milsap F. Eric Bledsoe, G. Bradley Beal, G. Nikola Jokic C/F. Brandon Ingram, F. Tobias Harris, F. Allen Crabbe, G. Patrick Patterson, F/C. Kent Bazemore, F/G.

Aike- Coach- Luke Walton. John Wall, G. Klay Thompson, G, Greak Freak, F/G. Devin Booker, G. MKG, F. Rudy Gobert, C. Tristan Thompson, C/F. Tyler Ulis, G. Steven Adams, C. Zach Lavine, G. Stanley Johnson, G/F. Dragan Bender, F.

Catsfan3523-Paul Coach- Jason Kidd. George, F/G. Jimmy Butler, G/F, Isaiah Thomas, G., Kristaps Porzingis F. Reggie Jackson, G. Nikola Vucevic C. Brandon Knight, G. Dirk Nowitzki, F. D'Angelo Russell, G. Greg Monroe, C/F. Jaylen Brown, F. Ryan Anderson, F.

Last edited:
I need some local (for me) flavor so I need to pick up a Jazz player. He's better than most people realize and I'm just going to say he's a Miss. St. product. He's also another pick from the 2014 class.

I'm taking Rodney Hood.

ibfP5f7JZChD13.gif

Reactions: UKcats1988
I'll draft one of the few players left that averaged 15ppg, 6apg and 5rpg. He's another spark plug off the bench. Give me Tyreke Evans.

At just 45 years old, this guy has nearly a decade of experience coaching at the highest level. He's managed superstar rosters like the ones we've assembled here. He's players first but a good strategist. And the only time he's won less than 40 games was when Chris Bosh nearly died and Wade was dinged up.

Even without Bosh, and with an aging Wade, he led the Heat to first place in the conference. Plus he's the Whiteside Whisperer and can handle charismatic GM's.

I'll take Erik Spoelstra.

At just 45 years old, this guy has nearly a decade of experience coaching at the highest level. He's managed superstar rosters like the ones we've assembled here. He's players first but a good strategist. And the only time he's won less than 40 games was when Chris Bosh nearly died and Wade was dinged up.

Even without Bosh, and with an aging Wade, he led the Heat to first place in the conference. Plus he's the Whiteside Whisperer and can handle charismatic GM's.

He also managed to get swept by my coach's team this year [winking].

Charismatic GMs?

Ha+i+see+what+you+did+there+_2f493c614985187026aef57cfb57c583.gif

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Coach that's made his rounds in the NBA and took Orlando to the NBA finals. Stan Van Gundy.

Another guy that made 200 threes while shooting better than 40% beyond the arc.

He's a great athlete. A plus defender. Never ever shys away from the moment, and has proven he can excel either as a starter or off the bench.

Give me JR Smith.

I'll take Justice Winslow. He's the only player left that was on one of the All-NBA teams.
Thank you. I have been trying to avoid picking him for the last 2 rounds. Although he's probably the best long term prospect picked in the last 2 rounds.

I've got my pick ready, but I need some time get my post just right. I should have it done soon.

Reactions: Aike
Thank you. I have been trying to avoid picking him for the last 2 rounds. Although he's probably the best long term prospect picked in the last 2 rounds.

I've got my pick ready, but I need some time get my post just right. I should have it done soon.

I refused to pick him too.

Reactions: gossie21
For my final pick I'm not looking for value. I'm not looking for production. I'm not looking for development. I don't give a damn if he ever plays a minute for my team. I'm just going on pure emotion. My final pick gave our family of fans a series of the greatest moments in sports history. His performance in the 2014 NCAA Tournament was a tour de force. A clinic in clutch play. He is the reason that I lose my ever-loving mind each time one of our dimwitted fans whines about the 2015 Wisconsin game (....why wasn't Booker in the game.... waaaaah). He gave us everything he had and more, and most of our fans can't find a way to appropriately appreciate him (or his brother).

I leave you with the Aaron Harrison collection.

ku3.gif

kentucky3.gif

harrison.gif

2015-03-2819_46_03.gif

Reactions: Aike
I'm going to go ahead and make my pick since @Aike already has a coach.

The coach I pick for my team is Jason Kidd

ADVERTISEMENT