ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Draft Cowtown Cat Champion!

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the 4th Rupp Rafters NBA Draft. We will be drafting from current NBA players.

The object of the draft is to build a roster with 10 players you think wins the most NBA titles over a 5 year span compared to your opponent.

*Please note that players age and health will be factored in when people vote.*

Will allow 2020 rookies who have declared for the draft to be selected.

First couple days you will have 6 hours to make a pick.. once we get rolling I'll knock it down to 4 hours.

Draft Order

1 @Cowtown Cat - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jimmy Butler, Donovan Mitchell, Myles Turner, Blake Griffin, Joe Harris, Eric Gordon, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Favors, Gary Harris

2 @jrpross - Kawhi Leonard, Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram, Colin Sexton, Andre Drummond, Marvin Bagley, Lonzo Ball, Kendrick Nunn, Wendell Carter, Terrence Ross

3 @FrankUnderwood - Ja Morant, Domantas Sabonis, CJ McCollum, Demar Derozen, John Wall, Lauri Markkanen, Colby White, Mohamed Bamba, Joe Ingles, Tacko Fall

4 @BigBlueFanGA - Anthony Davis, Russell Westbrook, Khris Middleton, Bojan Bogdanovic, Steven Adams, Otto Porter Jr. , Tristan Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Patrick Beverely, Jerami Grant

5 @GonzoCat90 - Luka Doncic, Bradley Beal, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Jaren Jackson JR, Robert Covington, Jarrett Allen, Spencer Dinwiddie, Marcus Smart, Marcus Morris, Miles Bridges

6 @catsfan3523 - Steph Curry, Bam Adebayo - Rudy Gobert, Evan Fournier, Gordon Hayward, Kelly Oubre, Hassan Whiteside, Bogfan Bogdanovic, Seth Curry, OG Anunoby

7 @quest4#9 - Zion Williamson, Klay Thompson - Kemba Walker, Victor Oladipo, Nikola Vucevic, Michael Porter Jr. , PJ Washington, Lou Williams, Justice Winslow, Marc Gasol

8 @JHannibalSmith - Karl Towns, Kyrie Irving, Jamal Murray, Danilo Gallinari, TJ Warren, Serge Ibaka, Malcolm Brogdon, Al Horford, Tim Hardaway Jr.

9 @YaySports - James Harden, De'Aaron Fox, Kristaps Porziņģis, Tobias Harris, Montrez Harrell, Tyler Herro, Mitchell Robinson, Jonathan Issaac, Cam Reddish, RJ Barrett

10 @WilmoreCat - Paul George, Pascal Siakam, Zach Lavine, Jrue Holiday, Clint Capela, Kyle Kuzma, Dennis Schroder, Davis Bertans, James Wiseman, Dillon Brooks

11 @jwhite123 - Nikola Jokic, Jayson Tatum, John Collins, Jaylen Brown, Eric Bledsoe, Devonte Graham, Brandon Clarke, De’Andre Hunter, Anthony Edwards, DeAndre Jordan

12 @GoBigBlue712 - Damian Lillard, Joel Embiid, Julius Randle, Buddy Hield, Aaron Gordon, Jonas Valanciunas, Dejounte Murray, Rui Hachimura, Josh Richardson, Jarrett Culver

13 @UKNorse - Lebron James, Trae Young, Deandre Ayton, D'Angelo Russell, Fred Vanvleet, Andrew Wiggins, Chris Paul, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jusuf Nurkic, Larry Nance Jr.

14 @drcats2013 - Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, Draymond Green, Kyle Lowry, Kevin Love, Caris Lavert, Derrick Rose, Duncan Robison, Brook Lopez, Demarcus Cousins

Last edited:
Reactions: GonzoCat90
Stupid question: do these players stay the same age over those 5 years or age normally? For example, if someone were to draft Trae Young, is 21 year old Trae Young our point guard for 5 years or would our team have 21-25 year old Trae Young during that time?

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Organizer just a thought, but I might suggest getting cell #s from anyone who takes a long time with their first pick so you can shoot them a text in future rounds.

I just remember it was just one person going 6 hours + each round last time which drags it out if 12 of the 13 are ready by the minute or hour.

Also for those of you who make your pick, please tag the next person up so they get notification

Organizer just a thought, but I might suggest getting cell #s from anyone who takes a long time with their first pick so you can shoot them a text in future rounds.

I just remember it was just one person going 6 hours + each round last time which drags it out if 12 of the 13 are ready by the minute or hour.

If anyone wants to freely DM me their # or twitter handle I can certainly let them know. But I understand people want to remain private

Listen “guest”, stop trying to come in here and run the ship. I’m not giving my cell out on here. Too many crazies.

Just messing with you lol

Listen “guest”, stop trying to come in here and run the ship. I’m not giving my cell out on here. Too many crazies.

Just messing with you lol
Hahaha that’s fair. Well to everyone. Please do your best to be checking here when you can. Know everyone is busy, but we shouldn’t need to max out 6 hours if everyone does their best to keep up with the picks.

Hahaha that’s fair. Well to everyone. Please do your best to be checking here when you can. Know everyone is busy, but we shouldn’t need to max out 6 hours if everyone does their best to keep up with the picks.
I’m with you, by the way. I get things come up, but generally it shouldn’t be too hard, and for the most part, people have done really good with it in my past experiences.

Since @FrankUnderwood was the only one not to like the post, thoughts on moving him to last pick first rd? Not trying to be unfair, but if he just doesn’t check this tonight then we’ll be stuck on this pick until tomorrow. Especially since it’s no disadvantage in a snake draft. I believe all others have at least seen that we are live.

LITERALLY??!! OOWWW! That must have hurt.

Seriously though, I would have taken him first. He’s a legitimate freak.
Yeah, completely tore all to hell, I was. [laughing] Yeah, I couldn’t pass up a chance to get Giannis. He is a total freak and quite a bit younger than Leonard. Admittedly, Leonard is my favorite non UK player, though. Dude’s a beast!

Since it was brought up, I'd vote not to move Frank to the end of the round. Give him his six hours and then skip him if we need to.

Are we pausing the draft clock overnight?
The only reason I would consider overriding is frank missed his picks a few times the last time we did this.
Since it was brought up, I'd vote not to move Frank to the end of the round. Give him his six hours and then skip him if we need to.

Are we pausing the draft clock overnight?
Gotcha. Is there a punishment for missing your pick? Do you just jump in to make your pick as soon as you show up?

The only reason I would consider overriding is frank missed his picks a few times the last time we did this.

Gotcha. Is there a punishment for missing your pick? Do you just jump in to make your pick as soon as you show up?

The way it worked when I started doing these was that you get skipped and can pick whenever you show up, but if your turn comes around again before that happens, you get removed/replaced.

I'm inclined to cut him some slack since we started a day sooner than we planned. Especially since we aren't in any hurry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT