ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp's Rafters NBA GM Scratch Draft: CoolCat9Lives OTC

GonzoCat90

All-American
Mar 30, 2009
The rules:

Owners will draft the 12 man, plus a coach, roster that fans would "most want to be a fan of for the next five years." All NBA current NBA players, including those whose rights are owned by a team, are eligible. Coaches must have been on an NBA bench in the past three seasons.

The draft order is as follows:

1. Rupps runt- Kevin Durant, F (late), Kyrie Irving G., Andre Drummond, C
2. Coolcat9lives-LeBron James, F
3. BigBlueFanGA-Stephen Curry, G. DeMar DeRozan, G., DeAndre Jordan, C.
4. GonzoCat90-Russell Westbrook, G. Draymond Green, F, Hassan Whiteside, C.
5.Cats192-Kawhi Leonard, F. James Harden, G
6.JBHolmesFan-Anthony Davis, F. Damian Lillard, G
7.Gossie21- Karl Towns, C. Lemarcus Aldridge, F.
8.UKCats1988- Demarcus Cousins, C. Chris Paul, G
9 Aike- John Wall, G. Klay Thompson, G
10. Catsfan2523-Paul George, F/G. Jimmy Butler, G/F

Last edited:
Six hours during the week. Clock stops from midnight to 8am central time. 8 hours on the weekend.

Do we have any alternates lined up just in case? Runt hasn't been on since Friday is why I ask.

Do we have any alternates lined up just in case? Runt hasn't been on since Friday is why I ask.
I believe there was someone in the original thread that said they'd be interested. I'll go look if it becomes necessary.

I looked that up too. I'm not sure we have had to skip someone this early before. We're off to a great start that's for sure.

I think we have about 2 more hours until @coolcat9lives is on the clock.

Great pick!

I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but Lebron James is the best player available at this slot. There are stats that suggest this is true or so I'm told.

I was hoping that perhaps all 7 players in front of me would fail to pick so James could slide to me, but alas.

Great pick!

I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but Lebron James is the best player available at this slot. There are stats that suggest this is true or so I'm told.

I was hoping that perhaps all 7 players in front of me would fail to pick so James could slide to me, but alas.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: it was last minute gut call. That guy could be special man. Hope he pans out.

Better hurry up Lansing. At 9:04, I'm taking him if you don't.
Crazy that he was the 4th person to sign up. Plus his profile says he's been on the site today. Hopefully the draft can speed up now.

Last edited:
Gonzo is picking 3rd just like last year. Let's see if he makes the same pick.

I was thinking he got to pick 2nd last year. But I could have easily forgotten.

I'm picking lower this year than I did last.

I was thinking he got to pick 2nd last year. But I could have easily forgotten.

I'm picking lower this year than I did last.
Oh maybe. I thought LBJ and Steph went 1, 2. I know Gonzo went with that other guy, but maybe he picked 2nd and Steph went 3rd.

Too many options. Give me a few but I'll be picking tonight, within the hour.

There are three apparent superhumans in the NBA. Guys who can, through a combination of skill and physical gifts, take over a game or even an entire series or season.

Two of them are off the board, but I'll be starting my franchise with the third. 25 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds, 2 steals, and the toughest, most competitive guy in the league upon Kobe's retirement. He's about to enter his prime and his top-3 finishes in MVP voting and PER are only going up. Give me the league's most athletic and dynamic player:

Russell Westbrook.

Gonzo just selected my favorite player in the league, nice. Probably the MVP front runner for next year too.

Well 4 of the top 5 players in the NBA are off the board, honestly curious if the other best goes next, I'd bet he doesn't.

ADVERTISEMENT