ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp's Rafters NBA GM Scratch Draft: CoolCat9Lives OTC

I'll take the third leading shot blocker in the league. A guy who continues to grow as a shooter yet remains an elite rim protector and floor runner that keeps with my uptempo, versatile but defensive style.

It seems like he's been around forever, but he's still only 26 and continuing to grow. He can start at the 4 for me or sub in at either post spot, and has learned to impact the game without having offense run for him.

I'll take Serge Ibaka, F/C.

Good pick with Serge. He's declined some and never progressed like some thought but he's still a really nice player who can protect the rim and shoot 3's.

I thought about Ibaka a lot before going with Favors. It seems like he is regressing a bit so I skipped him. I do need another quality big man though so I pick the UK player with the worst stat line in UK history, Enes Kanter.

Updated
Rupps runt- Kevin Durant, F, Kyrie Irving G., Andre Drummond, C. Kevin Love, F. Dwyane Wade. Victor Oladipo, G. Dwight Howard, C.

BigBlueFanGA-Stephen Curry, G. DeMar DeRozan, G., DeAndre Jordan, C. Jamal Murray, G. Derrick Favors F/C. Enes Kanter, C/F. Chandler Parsons, F.

GonzoCat90-Russell Westbrook, G. Draymond Green, F, Hassan Whiteside, C. Andrew Wiggins G/F. Nicolas Batum, G/F. Serge Ibaka F/C. Ben Simmons, F.

Cats192-Kawhi Leonard, F. James Harden, G. Kyle Lowry, G. Al Horford, C/F. Marc Gasol, C. Brook Lopez, C. Mike Conley, G.

JBHolmesFan-Anthony Davis, F. Damian Lillard, G, Blake Griffin, F. Carmelo Anthony, F. Avery Bradley, G. Nerlens Noel F/C. Jae Crowder, F.

Gossie21- Karl Towns, C. Lemarcus Aldridge, F. Kemba Walker, G. CJ McCollum, G. Khris Middleton, G/F. Julius Randle F.

UKCats1988- Demarcus Cousins, C. Chris Paul, G, Gordon Hayward,F/G., Paul Milsap F. Eric Bledsoe, G. Bradley Beal, G.

Aike- John Wall, G. Klay Thompson, G, Greak Freak, F/G. Devin Booker, G. MKG, F. Rudy Gobert, C.

Catsfan2523-Paul George, F/G. Jimmy Butler, G/F, Isaiah Thomas, G., Kristaps Porzingis F. Reggie Jackson, G. Nikola Vucevic C.

Last edited:
Erase your bias for a second.

At just 19 years old, this kid has the physical tools, the basketball IQ, and the versatility to be an All-Pro.

At 6'10, 240, his speed and agility drills were better than a certain pint sized UK fan favorite. He has the best vision of any rookie, and without naming another name who hasn't been drafted, might have better court vision and instincts as a passer than anyone since LeBron.

At worst, he's a 16/10/5 guy with every potential to be an elite defender (I can post the articles if you want). At his best? He could challenge for MVP trophies.

His only two knocks are his outside shot and that he didn't listen to Johnny Jones, but even our beloved warriors like Liggins and Jorts (and others without saying names) gave less than stellar effort for an awful coach.

I won't need him to shoot, and he'll be surrounded by elite teammates and, eventually, a stellar coach. Check his senior season at Montverde to see how he handled those things the last time he had them.

Spoiler: he won nearly every time he stepped on the floor and did everything his team needed.

Give me Ben Simmons, F.

Erase your bias for a second.

At just 19 years old, this kid has the physical tools, the basketball IQ, and the versatility to be an All-Pro.

At 6'10, 240, his speed and agility drills were better than a certain pint sized UK fan favorite. He has the best vision of any rookie, and without naming another name who hasn't been drafted, might have better court vision and instincts as a passer than anyone since LeBron.

At worst, he's a 16/10/5 guy with every potential to be an elite defender (I can post the articles if you want). At his best? He could challenge for MVP trophies.

His only two knocks are his outside shot and that he didn't listen to Johnny Jones, but even our beloved warriors like Liggins and Jorts (and others without saying names) gave less than stellar effort for an awful coach.

I won't need him to shoot, and he'll be surrounded by elite teammates and, eventually, a stellar coach. Check his senior season at Montverde to see how he handled those things the last time he had them.

Spoiler: he won nearly every time he stepped on the floor and did everything his team needed.

Give me Ben Simmons, F.
You will lose sone votes just because everybody hates him, but I think it's a very good value pick. I was seriously considering him if it got back to my pick and he was still available.

That was my next pick gonzo. He's a 6'10 MKG. If he played at UK he would have gone in the 2nd round at worst.

Your stable of multi-talented forwards is bordering on absurd. Not a lot of scoring power, but Green, Batum, and Simmons will fill up a box score nicely.

Last edited:
Can't go with the MKG comparison. More polished Lamar Odom.

Who was also a damn good defender. Also a much better player than MKG. I think Simmons is a rich man's Odom. Odom developed into a solid shooter though. If Simmons does that he's first team all NBA.

Who was also a damn good defender. Also a much better player than MKG. I think Simmons is a rich man's Odom. Odom developed into a solid shooter though. If Simmons does that he's first team all NBA.

Prime Odom was better than MKG now. Give MKG 4-5 years and (hopefully) good health. May change your tune.

Charlotte fans considered MKG their best player prior to this most recent injury. And he's what, 22?

I agree. If he can develop a shot and show that he has a great work ethic he can be a great player. Even if he doesn't develop a shot, I think he will still be a very good player in the NBA just because of how he can set his teammates up.

Still waiting to see if Simmons is a cancer. Sorry, that's my take.

We probably won't find out on the Sixers. How do you label a guy who's unhappy being on a team that tries to lose on purpose? Is he supposed to accept that? Is he supposed to speak out?

Simmons is a cancer and a quitter but Boogie is a passionate guy stuck in a terrible organization playing for abusive coaches.

Prime Odom was better than MKG now. Give MKG 4-5 years and (hopefully) good health. May change your tune.

Charlotte fans considered MKG their best player prior to this most recent injury. And he's what, 22?

The harshest thing you'll hear me say about MKG is that I (probably) won't name my first son after him.

But people never appreciated how good Odom was. The list of dudes who could do as many things as well as him is a short one.

Reactions: Aike
We probably won't find out on the Sixers. How do you label a guy who's unhappy being on a team that tries to lose on purpose? Is he supposed to accept that? Is he supposed to speak out?

Simmons is a cancer and a quitter but Boogie is a passionate guy stuck in a terrible organization playing for abusive coaches.
I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking the pick, clearly the league sees his potential. I just don't share it. I dont always phrase things too well.

The harshest thing you'll hear me say about MKG is that I (probably) won't name my first son after him.

But people never appreciated how good Odom was. The list of dudes who could do as many things as well as him is a short one.

No doubt. As a lifelong Laker fan I probably appreciate Odom more than most.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT