ADVERTISEMENT

NBA GM Draft RD12

It's *always* Simmons. He posts ridiculous 2k numbers. Like 22 point triple double averages with 2 steals and 1.5 blocks.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
You don't want these bars. I laughed tho. Ben Simmons is good in that game and gets insane dunk animations.

He benefits a ton from the blow-by animation glitches too. That, plus crazy speed, plus the dunk/posterizer animations is all he needs. He can't shoot but it doesn't matter on 2k. He's like a 6'10 version of the 2k6 DWade.

We will start the matchups Friday morning over 2 days so people can see it over the weekend.

No rookies? One of my starters was Bagley lol
This first season sim doesn’t count for our draft thing. He had to sim 2017-18 season and then put in the new draft picks (Bagley, Bamba, Sexton, etc) and the first season of nba2k sim that counts will actually be the 2018-19 season.

Reactions: Travis Graf
This first season sim doesn’t count for our draft thing. He had to sim 2017-18 season and then put in the new draft picks (Bagley, Bamba, Sexton, etc) and the first season of nba2k sim that counts will actually be the 2018-19 season.

But doesn't that throw off the age/growth?

Take Simmons for example. He's always ROY. So he got a year to grow/improve before the actual sim starts to count? And if someone had a guy like Wade, you basically lost a year.

If we went with stock rosters, that would be fine. But if he used the updated roster (which I'm sure he did, because a handful of people here just went down the list and picked players based on 2k ratings) then that's skewed.

Reactions: Travis Graf
I went with the best available approach and wouldn’t pick someone who would be 30 or older by the time the next season started since this nba season was pretty much over. Dirk, Carmelo, Wade, Pau, etc will al most likely be retired by the time this five year sim ends. Wanted to keep a full roster and less chance of a guy retiring.

But doesn't that throw off the age/growth?

Take Simmons for example. He's always ROY. So he got a year to grow/improve before the actual sim starts to count? And if someone had a guy like Wade, you basically lost a year.

If we went with stock rosters, that would be fine. But if he used the updated roster (which I'm sure he did, because a handful of people here just went down the list and picked players based on 2k ratings) then that's skewed.
The voting is for the next year, idk why it's a bad thing to put 2k sim in that year as well. Unless we're going to pretend like all the rookies played in the NBA this year which makes 0 sense. Is your argument all players drafted for the potential they showed this year should be sent to their original abnormally low stock rankings? By this logic Donovan Mitchell "should" be his stock rating of 75, instead of his current rating of 85, and 2k sim should bump him up 10 points through a 1st season sim? We both know thats not how it works.

Ben simmons should be an 79?
Jaylen brown a 76?
Jayson Tatum a 77?

I think we all know those aren't accurate ratings.

Last edited:
The voting is for the next year, idk why it's a bad thing to put 2k sim in that year as well. Unless we're going to pretend like all the rookies played in the NBA this year which makes 0 sense. Is your argument all players drafted for the potential they showed this year should be sent to their original abnormally low stock rankings? By this logic Donovan Mitchell "should" be his stock rating of 75, instead of his current rating of 85, and 2k sim should bump him up 10 points through a 1st season sim? We both know thats not how it works.

Jaylen brown a 76?
Jayson Tatum a 77?

This.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt

Jaylen brown a 76?
Jayson Tatum a 77?

Right, but what you got was those guys at their new updated ratings *plus* a season of growth *before* the sim even starts.

Ok Im uploading in FB group, but will be posting stats here.

Bracket is as follows (using teams instead on names) will update later
Year 1 winners are bolded with series score next to them

West Conf.

1) Spurs (Cats192) Year1: 4-1 Year2: 4-3 Year 3: 4-2
8) Lakers(Dr Cats) Year 4: 4-3 Year 5 4-3

4 Utah Jazz (Miracle7s) Year 2: 4-3 Year5 4-3
5 Portland Trailblazers (PizzaSlice) Year1: 4-1 Year3: 4-2 Year 4: 4-2

3) Clippers( Hotel Blue) Year 4: 4-2 Year5: 4-3
6) Minnesota (NKYCatfan17)Y1: 4-3 Y2: 4-0 Year 3: 4-2

2) Dallas (UK Norse) Y1: 4-1 Y3: 4-3 Year 5: 4-1
7) Warriors (YaySports) Y2: 4-3 Y4: 4-2

East Conf.

1) Philly (Morg) Y2: 4-2 Year3: 4-0 Year 5: 4-1
8) Knicks (Korn)year1: 4-3 Year 4 4-3

4) OKC (Orbzut) Year1: 4-1 Year2: 4-2 Year 3: 4-1 Year 5: 4-3
5) Miami (BigBluefanGA) Year 4: 4-3

3) houston (BeeBeeIn) Year 3: 4-2
6) Raptors (Rupp'sRunt) Year1: 4-2 Year 2: 4-3 Year4: 4-3 Year5: 4-2

2) Bulls (W2B) Year 1: 4-3 Year2: 4-3
7) Boston (Gonzo)Year 3: 4-1 Year4: 4-2 Year5: 4-1

These are just the seeds after first season sim and will not stay the same year to year. This will be the first round matchups in voting though. I will be updating stats today. Will update best I can between here and FB group.

MVP- Steph Curry
6th Man- Jokic
DPOY- Joel Embiid
COY- Popavich
ROY- Gary Trent Jr

Last edited:
Ok Im uploading in FB group, but will be posting stats here.

Bracket is as follows (using teams instead on names) will update later
Year 1 winners are bolded with series score next to them

West Conf.

1) Spurs (Cats192) Year1: 4-1
8) Lakers(Dr Cats)

4 Utah Jazz (Miracle7s)
5 Portland Trailblazers (PizzaSlice) Year1: 4-1

3) Clippers( Hotel Blue)
6) Minnesota (NKYCatfan17) 4-3

2) Dallas (UK Norse) 4-1
7) Warriors (YaySports)

East Conf.

1) Philly (Morg)
8) Knicks (Korn)year1: 4-3

4) OKC (Orbzut) Year1: 4-1
5) Miami (BigBluefanGA)

3) houston (BeeBeeIn)
6) Raptors (Rupp'sRunt) Year1: 4-2

2) Bulls (W2B) Year 1: 4-3
7) Boston (Gonzo)

These are just the seeds after first season sim and will not stay the same year to year. This will be the first round matchups in voting though. I will be updating stats today. Will update best I can between here and FB group.

MVP- Steph Curry
6th Man- Jokic
DPOY- Joel Embiid
COY- Popavich
ROY- Gary Trent Jr
thanks for doing all that work.

Who did he beat in the finals. That front court of his is nasty. Towns, Aldridge, Joker, Tristan T, Jordan Bell.

Reactions: DraftCat
I know how 2k works if yall gonna give me 3 90's in my starting line up you should of mailed me the trophy after the first 3 rounds.

Year 2 awards

MVP: James Harden
DPOY: Greek Freek
COY: Brad Stevens
6th man: Nikola Jokic

All NBA All D teams located on FB

Year 2 champion: Toronto Raptors 4-3 over warriors.

Reactions: YaySports
ADVERTISEMENT