ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Round 1

Pretty sure I know who people are surprised about. I also don't think he's the best player left.

Pick #1 - UKNorse - Giannis Antetokounmpo
Pick #2 - Quest4#9 - Kevin Durant
Pick #3 - gonzocat90 - Kawhi Leonard
Pick #4 - Ruppsrunts - Lebron James
Pick #5 - usinfantrycat85 - Steph Curry
Pick #6 - catsfan3523 - Anthony Davis
Pick #7 - Frankunderwood - Demarcus Cousins
Pick #8 - gossie21 - Karl Towns
Pick #9 - catzman - Russel Westbrook
Pick #10 - bbn93 - John Wall
Pick #11 - 420grover - James Harden
Pick #12 - drcats2013 - Jimmy Butler

Pick #13 - drcats2013 - Damian Lillard
Pick #14 - 420grover - Paul George
Pick #15 - bbn93 - Klay Thompson
Pick #16 - catzman - Demar Derozan
Pick #17 - gossie21 - Gordon Hayward
Pick #18 - FrankUnderwood -
Pick #19 - catsfan3523 -
Pick #20 - usinfantrycat85 -
Pick #21 - Rupp'srunts -
Pick #22 - GonzoCat90 -
Pick #23 - Quest4#9 -
Pick #24 - UKNorse -

Pick #25 - UKNorse -
Pick #26 - Quest4#9 -
Pick #27 - gonzocat90 -
Pick #28 - Ruppsrunts -
Pick #29 - usinfantrycat85 -
Pick #30 - catsfan3523 -
Pick #31 - Frankunderwood -
Pick #32 - gossie21 -
Pick #33 - catzman -
Pick #34 - 420grover -
Pick #35 - drcats2013 -

FYI - you left BBN93 out of your 3rd round.

People are taking clearly inferior players (and will get more votes with them) because posters here hate certain players.
Certain players also might not fit well in a team concept. Or have other deficiencies. I was very close to going completely homer with my last pick but fought the urge.

Certain players also might not fit well in a team concept. Or have other deficiencies. I was very close to going completely homer with my last pick but fought the urge.

So instead we're drafting guys who are just above average and vanilla. And worse.

Watch.

Boogie will get all kinds of love but Kyrie will be a headcase, bad teammate who you can't win with.

They'll say James Harden plays no D but it's fine that KAT doesn't defend and only won 30 games.

Going to be some interesting debates when the matchups are set.

Ninth in the league in assists, ahead of Steph, Lillard, Kyrie, Thomas and others.

Top 20 in rebounding.

Second in steals.

11th in blocks, more than KAT, Boogie and several others yet to be drafted who are considered shot blockers.

Made over 1 three per game.

A two-time NBA champion. Three time 1st team All-Defense. 2nd Team All NBA the last two seasons. Reigning defensive player of the year and the most versatile defender in the world to pair next to Kawhi.

Boo him and roll your eyes, but acknowledge that he's one of the best players in the league.

Give me Draymond Green, F/C.

Ninth in the league in assists, ahead of Steph, Lillard, Kyrie, Thomas and others.

Top 20 in rebounding.

Second in steals.

11th in blocks, more than KAT, Boogie and several others yet to be drafted who are considered shot blockers.

A two-time NBA champion. Three time 1st team All-Defense. 2nd Team All NBA the last two seasons. Reigning defensive player of the year and the most versatile defender in the world to pair next to Kawhi.

Boo him and roll your eyes, but acknowledge that he's one of the best players in the league.

I thought about him over Kyrie. Davis and Green would be tough to score on

Me too- I was super close to getting another UK Player to go along with Cousins, but decided against it.

Top 20 in rebounding.

Second in steals.

Also leads the league in championship series swinging nut kicks/punches.

Right. I was just wondering if the lineup has to be PG, SG, SF, PF, C. Or if you can put like a 3 guard lineup, etc.

You can play whichever five you want. But people can also tell you it wouldn't work to start three centers or whatever, for example.

I'm clearly taking the versatile approach. Modern basketball demands it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT