ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Round 1

Right. I was just wondering if the lineup has to be PG, SG, SF, PF, C. Or if you can put like a 3 guard lineup, etc.
Not necessarily. I mean you're going to lose votes if your plan was to play Porzingis at PG or Klay Thompson at center. But if a player is a true SG and you want to play him at SF you should be fine.

Reactions: drcats2013
I'm choosing Nikola Jokic and Devin Booker for my two picks. Once I get home from work I'll make the new thread for rounds 3 and 4.

Anyone else think we should tone the 7 yrs back to 5yrs? You draft a 28 yr old and he's 35 in 7 yrs

Anyone else think we should tone the 7 yrs back to 5yrs? You draft a 28 yr old and he's 35 in 7 yrs

We agreed on 7 to start so it wouldn't be fair to change it now. We've done five in the past and it felt like as long as people didn't expect a player to retire that next season, he wasn't really penalized for age even if he was like 35.

The year John Stockton turned 40, he averaged 13 points, 8 assists, 2 steals, and went to the NBA Finals.

In Jason Kidd's last year as a starter (37-38), he averaged 8 points (career average was just 12), 8 assists and 1.7 steals.

In Steve Nash's last year as a starter, he averaged 12.5 points and 10.7 assists.

So a guy with career averages of 19 points, 10.5 assists and 2.3 steals, who isn't a Westbrook/Rose type player who relies on athleticism, should have no trouble being a strong contributor even as he moves into his late 30s toward the end of this.

8 times All NBA. 9 times All Defense, including First team all defense the last 6 years.

9th in the league in PER, ahead of Steph, Wall, KAT, Boogie, Giannis, DeRozan, Butler, Lillard and others.

He shot the same percentage from 3 as Steph, on 2 full makes per game.

The best 2-way point guard in the game (ever?) and the league's best floor general.

Give me Chris Paul.

Reactions: catsfan3523
Go for youth and take one of the top, if not the top, young C in the game. The beastly Andre Drummond who in 7 years will still be in his prime at 30 years old.

Ninth in the league in assists, ahead of Steph, Lillard, Kyrie, Thomas and others.

Top 20 in rebounding.

Second in steals.

11th in blocks, more than KAT, Boogie and several others yet to be drafted who are considered shot blockers.

Made over 1 three per game.

A two-time NBA champion. Three time 1st team All-Defense. 2nd Team All NBA the last two seasons. Reigning defensive player of the year and the most versatile defender in the world to pair next to Kawhi.

Boo him and roll your eyes, but acknowledge that he's one of the best players in the league.

Give me Draymond Green, F/C.

I was 1000% sure you would draft DG.

Reactions: gossie21
I'm choosing Nikola Jokic and Devin Booker for my two picks. Once I get home from work I'll make the new thread for rounds 3 and 4.

Good picks, and answered a couple of questions I had. Wondered how far Jokic would fall.

Think I would have passed on CP though.

I did. Twice.

He's one of the ten best players in the league, and he just turned 32. If LeBron is a first rounder and still has 3-4 years of leading a team at an elite level, I see no reason CP3 is antwhere near done. He hasn't logged near the minutes and he isn't 260 pounds.

The exercise is which team is equipped to win the most titles in the next 7 years, and I have three All NBA guys and three first team all defensive players. If I win it the next four years, that only gives everyone else 3 to fight for.

I did. Twice.

He's one of the ten best players in the league, and he just turned 32. If LeBron is a first rounder and still has 3-4 years of leading a team at an elite level, I see no reason CP3 is antwhere near done. He hasn't logged near the minutes and he isn't 260 pounds.

The exercise is which team is equipped to win the most titles in the next 7 years, and I have three All NBA guys and three first team all defensive players. If I win it the next four years, that only gives everyone else 3 to fight for.

Maybe he holds up long-term, but it's a stretch to assume he will.

And it isn't like he's done a good job leading any team deep into the playoffs. Ever.

But his talent is undeniable.

Maybe he holds up long-term, but it's a stretch to assume he will.

And it isn't like he's done a good job leading any team deep into the playoffs. Ever.

But his talent is undeniable.

I would defend Paul by asking you to name the best players he's ever played with, but they'll all still be on the board for a few more rounds so we can't discuss them.

Gobert was a guy I was interested to see the draft position of.

He's a bit of a dinosaur, but he's a really, really good dinosaur.

I knew the price would be wrong for me to draft him, but he's an interesting piece.

Reactions: Aike
I would defend Paul by asking you to name the best players he's ever played with, but they'll all still be on the board for a few more rounds so we can't discuss them.

Yeah, I also can't mention who else I might have picked. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Running commentary isn't really fair - got to see how all the pieces come together. But that probably won't stop me from commenting.

I see what you're doing here. You're trying to oversell your underachieving 32 year old pick by underselling Jordan and Griffin. No way those two will be on the board for a "few more "rounds. If so I'll take em. Funny stuff, indeed.

As an impartial observer, I must ask you to stop naming names or risk perma-ban. Final warning.

ADVERTISEMENT