ADVERTISEMENT

Reminder, Rick Barnes is a FRAUD

That makes it right lol
It happens.

Banned at Indiana
And luckily Steelers warned me before I was banned at the UofL board.

I have been told multiple places...you enter at your own risk on an enemy board.

It's Rivals....It's trash talk.....It's good fun....I didn't attack anyone personally.

If you don't like it...then don't visit an opposing team's board. Especially the most powerful college team forum there is on the interweb!!!
I agree. I don’t take anything anyone says seriously on forums. It is just fun to trash talk.

Reactions: pumpedupcats
Barnes has taken 3 stars or less and made a No 1 team out of them , I am no Tn. fan and love Ky but you got to give this coach a lot of respect and credit .Hope Ky upset them tomorrow.

Barnes is basically Tubby Smith at UK. Gets a lot out of lesser talented, 3/4 year players, doesn't know what to do with the occasional 5-star guy he lands, always chokes in the tournament. How many times did Tubby get UK to a #1 ranking and never reached the Final Four. In 2002 he started out with a #1 team, there was talk of an undefeated season, and that team went off the rails and lost 10 games.

I agree. I don’t take anything anyone says seriously on forums. It is just fun to trash talk.
Like if I go to a Tennessee site and you're calling Calipari names and saying he's dirty...it's just something I'd expect and wouldn't send me into a frenzy.

Reactions: pumpedupcats
Let's name why he isn't that good of a coach. Everyone loves this Tennessee team that's ran through an easy schedule thus far...but history says Barnes is a FRAUD!

1. He hasn't made it passed the first weekend in 10 consecutive seasons.

2. He's only made 1 Final-4 and that was in 2003.

3. He had Kevin Durant and lost in the 2nd round of the tournament, had 10 losses with Durant

A list of notable NBA players he's had:
-Maurice Evans
-TJ Ford
-Lamarcus Aldridge
-PJ Tucker
-Daniel Gibson
-Kevin Durant
-DJ Augustine
-Avery Bradley
-Tristan Thompson
-Corey Joseph
-Myles Turner

All that talent and no results. Barnes will choke as always!

I ain't scurred of no Vawls!
Yet he has out coached Cal the majority of the time they have met

Reactions: Gallipoli
Like if I go to a Tennessee site and you're calling Calipari names and saying he's dirty...it's just something I'd expect and wouldn't send me into a frenzy.
I’ve not seen anyone calling your coaches names. Just UK calling Barnes a Fraud.

Let's name why he isn't that good of a coach. Everyone loves this Tennessee team that's ran through an easy schedule thus far...but history says Barnes is a FRAUD!

3. He had Kevin Durant and lost in the 2nd round of the tournament, had 10 losses with Durant

-Maurice Evans
-TJ Ford
-Lamarcus Aldridge
-PJ Tucker
-Daniel Gibson
-Kevin Durant
-DJ Augustine
-Avery Bradley
-Tristan Thompson
-Corey Joseph
-Myles Turner

While I agree completely that he will fail again, you have to look at which players he had when he had those listed.

He gets 1 maybe 2 on the team at a time. Also many of those were not top 25 recruits.

What do you define as passing you? Obviously Tennessee isn't going to pass Kentucky in national championships for decades if ever. But in terms of current and future state, we were better last year, we've passed you in the rankings this year, our recruiting class + returning roster combined is better than yours next year.....
You will have your nice little two year run and then you will be back to the middle to bottom of the SEC per the norm . And to you comment about passing Kentucky in National Championship call us when you make your first final four and win your FIRST championship LMAO

This makes no sense.

Is the better team the one that wins the head to head competition or the one that wins more games in a row against unrelated competition?
Uhh pretty sure we played TN in the SEC tourney and beat that ass. Congrats on all of your all's January and February championships. And lmfao and TN fans acting like the tourneys arent the most important thing, you all must be new to basketball

What do you define as passing you? Obviously Tennessee isn't going to pass Kentucky in national championships for decades if ever. But in terms of current and future state, we were better last year, we've passed you in the rankings this year, our recruiting class + returning roster combined is better than yours next year.....

First you have no idea what our roster will look like. If it goes with returnees at all we will be better. This year we may knock you off twice or three times even. Let it play before you flap your tooth off.

This makes no sense.

Is the better team the one that wins the head to head competition or the one that wins more games in a row against unrelated competition?

Well, let's see. Last year we were beating TN@TN when PJ left the game as the 2nd half started and never came back. Of course, losing one of our best players we never looked the same. Kind f like if they were to lose Williams. When it mattered we smacked that ass to take our trophy in the SEC tourney. KYs NCAA run was disappointing, but we still went farther than TN. Plus the team we lost to leads the Big 12 right now. How is Loyola during this year? I will go ahead and let you know, 15-10. So I would think most BB fans would judge success compared of 2 teams by who won their tourney title and went the farthest in the NCAA. That would be KY in both.

TN hasn't played a ranked team in over 2 months. We played as many as you have played all year in 3 straight. After this year TN will slip back down to the middle or farther of the SEC. The few fans will turn back to FB and there will be zero support. But enjoy this year. Hope it works out much better than last year. We are a blueblood and the gold standard. TN is a flash in the pan.

Reactions: Fox2monk and TM2013
Tennessee-Zippers-MEME.jpg

You can call him a fraud as you are entitled to your opinion

I never payed close attention to how good of an in game coach Barnes is until he got to Tennessee and he is very good in game. I always knew he recruited well but never payed close attention.

Providence was coming off a losing season when he got there, he turned Clemson around, he made Texas basketball relavant and has turned Tennessee around. Pretty impressive IMO

As far as him in the post season in his first 10 seasons at Texas he had 2 sweet 16, 2 elite 8, and a final 4. Again for a program without much basketball success before he got there. In 2011 Texas got beat by 1 point by Arizona who then got beat by 1 point to UConn who won the national title.
His last 7 years at Texas that was his best team, it’s not like his teams were loaded with talent during that stretch each year.

Now it appears he did get stale at Texas and has evolved offensively to what he does since coming to Tennessee.

I also don’t many realize that Tennessee if Bone and Williams come back (which they will) Tennessee will be better next year.
They add DJ Burns who was a 4 star who is redshirting this year.
5 star Josiah James and it looks good for them getting Walker Kessler 5 star center class of 2020 and getting him to reclassify to 19.

Their 2020 recruiting class looks like it will be the best class they have ever had.

This isn’t a one year thing with Barnes.
Tennessee will NEVER surpass Kentucky basketball but for the next 5-6 should be competitive with anyone in the country.

Someone in this thread compared him to Tubby but Tubby took over Kentucky and arguably the program went downward trend compared to what it was when he got there .. I think most Cats fans would agree

You can’t say that Barnes has taken over any program and left it worse than when he got there.

Reactions: VFL1970

-Maurice Evans
-TJ Ford
-Lamarcus Aldridge
-PJ Tucker
-Daniel Gibson
-Kevin Durant
-DJ Augustine
-Avery Bradley
-Tristan Thompson
-Corey Joseph
-Myles Turner

Are you a total idiot? He turned a POS Tennessee team into the #1 team in the nation. If that’s a fraud, I guess you’re right.

Reactions: VFL1970
I really like Barnes. I think he’s an awesome person and a good coach. But he is not a good tournament coach. Never has been. May prove me wrong but hasn’t yet.

That makes it right lol

That's just how things organically work. To say it should be otherwise is to ignore reality (and be a bit of a whiner).

Think of it this way - if you tag along with a new group of people you don't know well, do you just butt into the natural conversation and pretend like you're one of the "boys?" Do you instantly get the same privileges as everyone else? No. There are different rules. One set of rules for the mainstream/normal part of the group, and another set for the outsiders/newcomers.

It's even more that way in our situation, because you're on our board/turf. When you go into the home of someone you don't know well, do you just immediately make yourself at home like you would in your own home or the homes of friends? Didn't think so.

Rick Pitino addressed the Tennessee media this morning on behalf of his friend Rick Barnes:

"Bernard King's not walking through that door, folks. Dale Ellis and Allan Houston ain't walking through that door. And if they do walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old. I was here coaching when Steve Hamer was giving Knoxville 20 and 10 a night, and they almost ran him out of this town. The negativity in this town sucks!"

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Fox2monk and TM2013

-Maurice Evans
-TJ Ford
-Lamarcus Aldridge
-PJ Tucker
-Daniel Gibson
-Kevin Durant
-DJ Augustine
-Avery Bradley
-Tristan Thompson
-Corey Joseph
-Myles Turner

Good thread!!!

Since he is such a Fraud, what is Texas now? Also, since he is an underachiever. How many highly ranked recruits does he have on this team. He is building a program. It’s not built on one game. We are 23-2. Not too bad for a FRAUD. good post though.

Good thread!!!

Since he is such a Fraud, what is Texas now? Also, since he is an underachiever. How many highly ranked recruits does he have on this team. He is building a program. It’s not built on one game. We are 23-2. Not too bad for a FRAUD. good post though.

I believe he's mainly referring to the lack of success when it truly counts (e.g., the tournament).

Reactions: TM2013

-Maurice Evans
-TJ Ford
-Lamarcus Aldridge
-PJ Tucker
-Daniel Gibson
-Kevin Durant
-DJ Augustine
-Avery Bradley
-Tristan Thompson
-Corey Joseph
-Myles Turner

I believe he's mainly referring to the lack of success when it truly counts (e.g., the tournament).
Success counts every game.

Again look at Texas right now!

Look at what he is doing at UT in b-ball with guys that didn’t have offers from any other SEC schools.

-Maurice Evans
-TJ Ford
-Lamarcus Aldridge
-PJ Tucker
-Daniel Gibson
-Kevin Durant
-DJ Augustine
-Avery Bradley
-Tristan Thompson
-Corey Joseph
-Myles Turner

Sure glad we won. Had we lost, he no doubt would be in the potential hiring pool with Old Brucie!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT