ADVERTISEMENT

Reminder, Rick Barnes is a FRAUD

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
Let's name why he isn't that good of a coach. Everyone loves this Tennessee team that's ran through an easy schedule thus far...but history says Barnes is a FRAUD!

1. He hasn't made it passed the first weekend in 10 consecutive seasons.

2. He's only made 1 Final-4 and that was in 2003.

3. He had Kevin Durant and lost in the 2nd round of the tournament, had 10 losses with Durant

A list of notable NBA players he's had:
-Maurice Evans
-TJ Ford
-Lamarcus Aldridge
-PJ Tucker
-Daniel Gibson
-Kevin Durant
-DJ Augustine
-Avery Bradley
-Tristan Thompson
-Corey Joseph
-Myles Turner

All that talent and no results. Barnes will choke as always!

I ain't scurred of no Vawls!

Last edited:
Stupid post op.
We have rival fans and even our own cry about Cal underachieving....yet Barnes has done way less with the talent he has had

But Barnes is a career underachiever. The facts say it's an accurate post. Stupid is saying something without any evidence to the contrary...which is what you response to me is....which makes it a _____post?

One good little run doesn't change anything. Barnes hasn't made it past the first round in 10 consecutive seasons. 1 Final 4...multitudes of high level players....

Let's name why he isn't that good of a coach. Everyone loves this Tennessee team that's ran through an easy schedule thus far...but history says Barnes is a FRAUD!

1. He hasn't made it passed the first round in 10 consecutive seasons.

3. He had Kevin Durant and lost in the 2nd round of the tournament, had 10 losses with Durant

-Maurice Evans
-TJ Ford
-Lamarcus Aldridge
-PJ Tucker
-Daniel Gibson
-Kevin Durant
-DJ Augustine
-Avery Bradley
-Tristan Thompson
-Corey Joseph
-Myles Turner

While I don’t expect Barnes to have a deep run, he did beat us two out of three games last year. I assume Cal and the team take UT seriously.

So, we still have to play these guys a couple times this year. Maybe don’t shit on the guy yet.

Barnes walked into for most coaches, once in a lifetime players. His long history of coaching shows who he really is, a fair coach who historically underachieved. I'd be more worried about Tennessee passing a kidney stone, than passing us.

Barnes walked into for most coaches, once in a lifetime players. His long history of coaching shows who he really is, a fair coach who historically underachieved. I'd be more worried about Tennessee passing a kidney stone, than passing us.
What do you define as passing you? Obviously Tennessee isn't going to pass Kentucky in national championships for decades if ever. But in terms of current and future state, we were better last year, we've passed you in the rankings this year, our recruiting class + returning roster combined is better than yours next year.....

Reactions: VFL1970
What do you define as passing you? Obviously Tennessee isn't going to pass Kentucky in national championships for decades if ever. But in terms of current and future state, we were better last year, we've passed you in the rankings this year, our recruiting class + returning roster combined is better than yours next year.....

You might’ve been “better” last year, but Kentucky beat you in the SEC tourney and in spite of having one of our worst teams ever under Cal, we still made it further than Tennessee in the NCAA tournament. We’ve seen programs like yours come and go. So enjoy your couple good years. We were here before you and we’ll be here after you.

Dumb thread. Barnes is not a "fraud". Results have not always lived up to expectations, especially considering some of the players he's coached, sure.

But "fraud"? No.

OP is right, he always underachieves...and its Tennessee hate week so why pull punches and feign respect

. But in terms of current and future state, we were better last year, we've passed you in the rankings this year, our recruiting class + returning roster combined is better than yours next year.....
You're ranked 30th in recruiting and have 0 production from freshmen on your current roster. Kentucky only has 3 commits and has a top 10 class.

Kentucky will likely return:
Nick Richards, 5-star junior
EJ Montgomery, 5-star sophomore
Immanuel Quickley, 5-star sophomore
Jemarl Baker, 4-star Junior
Tyler Herro, 5-star sophomore

add in
Kahlil Whitney, 5-star top 10 player
Tyrese Maxey, 5-star top 10 player
Dontaei Allen, 4-star top 100 player

Oh and John Calipari > Rick Barnes

And who knows who else we will add...or even if Hagans stays too?

But yeah...you're in better shape lol

Reactions: TM2013
Really a miracle worker

Had Kevin Durant...and led him to 10 losses and a 2nd round exit. A miracle to be that bad....

Strawman.

I said he's working miracles in Knoxville. Bringing up Durant 10 years ago in Austin has nothing to do with that.

Tennessee may be the best team in the nation and a legit threat to win the national championship. Not sure this is that hard

fine to post this before an ncaa tourney game with them but they are the best team at the moment and this is a regular season game. and judging by the head to head the no reason to cal him out. he’s improved his rep at ut.

Consistently Winning the SEC regular season, winning SECT, getting to Elite 8s/Final Fours, and winning a title every 8-10 years. That may put ut on a close level to UK in the current landscape.

I think ut has a hell of a team this year. I just chuckle at some of the stuff I read from ut fans and their media. As a program, ut has only made the NCAAT 21 times, we’ve been to the Final Four 17 times. Enjoy the ride, but keep it in perspective.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Tubby was better because of UK.
Barnes was never handed UK.

Take UK away from Tubby and he has a sweet 16.
Actually 3 Sweet 16's....he made 2 at Tulsa and then 1 at Georgia!

Barnes had more talent at Texas and did worse than Tubby did here at Kentucky....I think they are on a similar level when it comes to coaching...well Tubby is better at X's and O's and Barnes can recruit better.

Lets not act like Texas isn't a national brand....brings in top recruits...has a large budget...and great facilities. Not a blueblood...but its a top job.

Good grief ! Can we not just watch the game and quit dragging teams down !
It's Rivals....It's trash talk.....It's good fun....I didn't attack anyone personally.

If you don't like it...then don't visit an opposing team's board. Especially the most powerful college team forum there is on the interweb!!!

It's Rivals....It's trash talk.....It's good fun....I didn't attack anyone personally.

If you don't like it...then don't visit an opposing team's board. Especially the most powerful college team forum there is on the interweb!!!
But if we trash talk we get banned or get bashed !

You're ranked 30th in recruiting and have 0 production from freshmen on your current roster. Kentucky only has 3 commits and has a top 10 class.

Kentucky will likely return:
Nick Richards, 5-star junior
EJ Montgomery, 5-star sophomore
Immanuel Quickley, 5-star sophomore
Jemarl Baker, 4-star Junior
Tyler Herro, 5-star sophomore

add in
Kahlil Whitney, 5-star top 10 player
Tyrese Maxey, 5-star top 10 player
Dontaei Allen, 4-star top 100 player

Oh and John Calipari > Rick Barnes

And who knows who else we will add...or even if Hagans stays too?

But yeah...you're in better shape lol
Hero won’t be back so Cal will add another 5 star guard!

1. He hasn't made it passed the first weekend in 10 consecutive seasons.

-Maurice Evans
-TJ Ford
-Lamarcus Aldridge
-PJ Tucker
-Daniel Gibson
-Kevin Durant
-DJ Augustine
-Avery Bradley
-Tristan Thompson
-Corey Joseph
-Myles Turner

Probably in the minority here, but I think he has done a pretty good job, and I am worried about Saturday.

Hero won’t be back so Cal will add another 5 star guard!
If Herro isn't strong lottery....it may benefit him to come back and I see him as a guy that may want to try another year.

He's getting beat badly on defense and is struggling with his catch and shoot.

I think some fine tuning will make him a top 10 pick. But hey...maybe he gets a guaranteed deal and can work on his game in the pros...you never know!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT