ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Rounds 4-5

I think he is saying that those are his averages prorated at 36 minutes per game. His actual stats are much lower (11.3/7.7). The per 36 is a good way to see how effective a backup player can be if he were given more minutes. I'm not sure if it is a good measure for a starting center.

11/8 is much lower than 13/9? He plays a little under 30 minutes per game so I used that stat.

I agree about the numbers though. Which was kind of the point I was trying to make about the modern center. Aside from KAT and Boogie, no one is running sets for their five. It's about defense and positioning.

11/8 is much lower than 13/9? He plays a little under 30 minutes per game so I used that stat.

I agree about the numbers though. Which was kind of the point I was trying to make about the modern center. Aside from KAT and Boogie, no one is running sets for their five. It's about defense and positioning.
Adams' career numbers are 7/7, but really the point I was trying to make, and what I would argue if I had pulled the trigger on the Kiwi, is that his stats are not representative of his production.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope back to back hyphen picks :)

Solves some of my defense issues and Pope can knock down the three fairly well.
Damn, I was hoping KCP would still be there when it got back to me.

I think I'll add another shot blocker (1.7 per game, good for 7th in the league, tied with Deandre Jordan) and scorer (20.5 points per game, top 30 in the league).

But not only that, he's added to his game to become an incredibly dangerous fit in this offense. He made nearly two threes per game on 35% from deep. Not bad for a 7-foot, 260 pound monster.

And he's just entering his prime. He'll be 28 during the upcoming season.

Give me Brook Lopez, C.

This pick will probably sink me with the all cats crowd, but to learn behind the GOAT (Lebron) I'll take the SF Jayson Tatum.

Reactions: 420grover
Channing Tatum was in Lexington this weekend.

So was THE Teen Wolf, Tyler Posey.

Not together, I don't think.

What would happen to his players? We just pretend they dont exist? Can't be a fair way to put them back into circulation.
Sometimes somebody will jump in and finish out the draft. Maybe @Aike could do the honors.

Otherwise we just kick the team and players out of our fake league.

Have we had someone vanish after making this many picks?

How would you guys feel about just skipping over him and letting him make two picks when he shows up? Would keep the bracketing more simple.

Edit to add: I like the idea of letting someone take over. There are some good basketball minds lurking in this thread. And some folks sharp enough to be up to the task of campaigning for a team they didn't draft.

I would personally just preach patience? Its not like we have a time limit... It is a long off-season. I'm sure Frank will be on in the morning.

I think one time missing a pick is one thing, but when some consistently hold things up, it's frustrating for everyone else. We are possibly going to set record for longest draft of all time at the pace we've been on. It shouldn't be that hard to log on periodically and make your picks

Im definitely in the camp of just skipping over him after his pick time has passed and let him pick whats left. After a couple rounds, itd be obvious hes not coming back id say someone else take over.

I'd love to take over his spot if that's what is happening. I've been following the thread, but haven't posted anything. I've always wanted to do one of these but just recently made an account. Let me know

Reactions: gossie21
ADVERTISEMENT