ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Rounds 4-5

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Rules you have 12 hours to make your pick. Clock starts as soon as the person in front of you picks please leave the time you pick in your post as well. This will be 12 rounds. The goal of this draft is which team has the best chance to win multiple championships within a 7 year period 2017-2024.

Pick #1 - UKNorse - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nikola Jokic, Devin Booker, Lonzo Ball, Otto Porter Jr. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Pick #2 - Quest4#9 - Kevin Durant, Kristap Porzingis, Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Paul Milsap, Deangelo Russell, Jeff Teague

Pick #3 - gonzocat90 - Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green, Chris Paul, Avery Bradley, Markelle Fultz, Steven Adams, Brook Lopez

Pick #4 - Ruppsrunts - Lebron James, Isiah Thomas, Andre Drummond, Khris Middleton, Malik Monk, Derrick Favors, Jayson Tatum

Pick #5 - usinfantrycat85 - Steph Curry, De'Aaron Fox, Rudy Gobert, Jabari Parker, Harrison Barnes, Edrice Adebayo, Josh Jackson

Pick #6 - catsfan3523 - Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal, Myles Turner, Jae Crowder, Trevor Ariza, Dennis Smith Jr

Pick #7 - Frankunderwood - Demarcus Cousins, Kyle Lowry, Serge Ibaka, Eric Bledsoe, Victor Oladipo

Pick #8 - gossie21 - Karl Towns, Gordon Hayward, CJ McCollum, Mike Conley, Dario Saric, Nikola Vucevic

Pick #9 - catzman - Russel Westbrook, Demar Derozan, Hassan Whiteside, Marc Gasol, Nicolas Batum, Julius Randle

Pick #10 - bbn93 - John Wall, Klay Thompson, Blake Griffin, Nerlens Noel, Zach LaVine, Clint Copela

Pick #11 - 420grover - James Harden, Paul George. Deandre Jordan, Kemba Walker, LaMarcus Aldridge, Patrick Patterson

Pick #12 - drcats2013 - Jimmy Butler, Damian Lillard, Andrew Wiggins, Kevin Love, Al Horford, Jamal Murray

Order was generated and posted to both mine and 420grover emails. I used the site http://www.draftordergenerator.com/ if anyone was curious on how it was done. I only was able to generate the order once which is why I got another person involved.

Last edited:
@Catzman is OTC.... everyone please use this thread for making picks. You can continue discussion in the other thread but no making selections in it.

I've got my pick ready so long as he's still available. Which he should be.

I was torn with who to choose. Hope hes there next round. For this round I have to pair whiteside with a skilled player. Im going big Marc Gasol.

I apologize for being slow. Im in new york and just got engaged. After today ill be home and back to speedy replies. Sorry for the hold up guys

Reactions: kornucopia
He's a touch older than I would have liked but he's an elite scorer and a career 38% 3pt shooter. And it's not like he's 32 or anything.

I'm taking Mike Conley. No not that one, the other one. The one that plays basketball.

Can never have too many shooters.

Reactions: Aike
I apologize for being slow. Im in new york and just got engaged. After today ill be home and back to speedy replies. Sorry for the hold up guys

Man, the fact that you're even involved in this thing is impressive. Congratulations. Never tell her about Catpaw and have a safe trip.

Reactions: Catzman
He's a touch older than I would have liked but he's an elite scorer and a career 38% 3pt shooter. And it's not like he's 32 or anything.

I'm taking Mike Conley. No not that one, the other one. The one that plays basketball.

Good pick. I like Conley's game a lot. He's not an elite scorer, but the biggest drawback (his contract) doesn't play a role here.

This is the direction I would have gone instead of Chris Paul.

Im still mixed up on how guys are listed. Jabari always struck me as a SF, and whiteside always as a center. Looks like it depends on how we want to use them I guess. Hence why im going the twin towers look. I need a good small forward

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Im still mixed up on how guys are listed. Jabari always struck me as a SF, and whiteside always as a center. Looks like it depends on how we want to use them I guess. Hence why im going the twin towers look. I need a good small forward

The Bucks played Jabari at PF in the 20 games he's been healthy for in his career.

Whiteside is no more a power forward than I am.

The Bucks played Jabari at PF in the 20 games he's been healthy for in his career.

Whiteside is no more a power forward than I am.

Now i regret my gasol pick lol. Unless he can be a 4? He doesnt rebound like a 5 thats for sure. I knew i should have gone with my gut on that one smh

I considered it but wanted a top 10 player and to finish better than fifth place.

I can honestly say I would rather have 7 years of Conley than CP.

For the record, I drafted Paul two years ago and never heard the end of it. No one seemed to care how good he was. So, ya know.

Reactions: kornucopia
Now i regret my gasol pick lol. Unless he can be a 4? He doesnt rebound like a 5 thats for sure. I knew i should have gone with my gut on that one smh

Gasol will also be pushing 40 when the 7 years runs out. But maybe he will age well? He doesn't leave the ground much.

I can honestly say I would rather have 7 years of Conley than CP.

For the record, I drafted Paul two years ago and never heard the end of it. No one seemed to care how good he was. So, ya know.

For what? The last two years when they've both lost a step anyway? It's not like Conley is 20 with upside. He is what he is. And that's not as good as even a dimished Chris Paul.

Besides, he's my third piece. And he's a top 10 guy in the league for at least 3 more seasons, probably more like 5. Hall of Fame point guards age better than any other position.

For what? The last two years when they've both lost a step anyway? It's not like Conley is 20 with upside. He is what he is. And that's not as good as even a dimished Chris Paul.

Besides, he's my third piece. And he's a top 10 guy in the league for at least 3 more seasons, probably more like 5. Hall of Fame point guards age better than any other position.

I prefer Conley's demeanor. And he is enough younger that I think he will be better at the end, and maybe just as good at the beginning.

Every round, I make a list of players that is as long as there are picks until I select again.

There are like 7 guys left on my list. I didn't expect to have to make these choices.

But thankfully, the number one on my list is still there.

So apparently I'm the only team that's going to play defense, because I get to add another elite one. In fact, I now have the best defender at each position I have selected so far. But we'll get back to that.

The modern NBA is about pace, spacing, versatility, shooting the 3, and defense.

This guy averaged 16 points per game, made 2 full three pointers on 39% from deep, grabbed SIX rebounds, and played significant minutes on the top-seeded team in the east at all three perimeter spots.

He's blazing fast, athletic, dynamic in the open court, and knows his role perfectly on a winning team.

But along with being a great 3 point shooter, he is paid the ultimate compliment: he's respected by his peers. When the All Defense teams were released, Lillard, Thomas, McCollum, Booker (and others) took to twitter to express shock and outrage that he wasn't selected after being a first teamer last year.

so give me 16 points, 6 rebounds, two 3s at 40% shooting and the best defender in the league that isn't already on my team.

I'll take Avery Bradley.

Reactions: gossie21
Every round, I make a list of players that is as long as there are picks until I select again.

There are like 7 guys left on my list. I didn't expect to have to make these choices.

So apparently I'm the only team that's going to play defense, because I get to add another elite one. In fact, I now have the best defender at each position I have selected so far. But we'll get back to that.

The modern NBA is about pace, spacing, versatility, shooting the 3, and defense.

This guy averaged 16 points per game, made 2 full three pointers on 39% from deep, grabbed SIX rebounds, and played significant minutes on the top-seeded team in the east at all three perimeter spots.

He's blazing fast, athletic, dynamic in the open court, and knows his role perfectly on a winning team.

But along with being a great 3 point shooter, he is paid the ultimate compliment: he's respected by his peers. When the All Defense teams were released, Lillard, Thomas, McCollum, Booker (and others) took to twitter to express shock and outrage that he wasn't selected after being a first teamer last year.

so give me 16 points, 6 rebounds, two 3s at 40% shooting and the best defender in the league that isn't already on my team.

I'll take Avery Bradley.
I almost took him.

I'll take Avery Bradley.

Now I wonder how close you were to picking ...

But I bet he will still be there when you pick again.

ADVERTISEMENT