ADVERTISEMENT

Hagans update from Cal

To be transparent though, you have zero concerns about anything, ever.
Man I have WAY TOO MANY. I got concerns about our depth , refs , an injury screwing our season and so on. What I don't got is time to blow every little single thing out of proportion like many posters do ( like many did with Hagans holding his friends car money a few weeks ago and a UL fan showing it again ) . But yes let's confuse that with NO concerns. LOL

Ah, yes. Let the negativity flow.
Yep . Can't mention Hagans' name without the usual suspects. I mean you don't even have to look at what poster is saying what as you could throw out a line typed on this board and dollars to donuts if it is idiotic and negative it is coming from Ulisnot , Zayotven , or another one of the LOD chief of staffs .

It was a suspension. Period. If he has served the terms of what Cal had placed, I am sure he will be back Friday. Saturday's game was a throw away, and Cal knew it. He used that to his favor, and appropriately disciplined Hagans.
So you know this for a fact ? I agree it PROBABLY was a suspension but it is not smart to talk in absolutes about things you don't know absolutely . Trust me I learned that lesson years ago on here.

Seems pretty obvious to me people. I’m not sure why everyone don’t see it? Hagans was suspended for his antics. One game. Wasn’t allowed to travel with the team. Cal doesn’t go public with it; he goes public with “Hagans needed some personal time.” This is why Cal is being vague and such. I’ve done the same with managers I employ. Not giving a day suspension, but not giving details of punishment. It’s really obvious to me; not you guys?

Yep . Can't mention Hagans' name without the usual suspects. I mean you don't even have to look at what poster is saying what as you could throw out a line typed on this board and dollars to donuts if it is idiotic and negative it is coming from Ulisnot , Zayotven , or another one of the LOD chief of staffs .

It's because that after the comeback win, on Saturday, they have nothing else to be negative about. What miserable lives they must lead, with glasses always half empty. I like the team we have, and we have no injuries. I'm good to go forward, and see what happens.

Seems like it might be a thing of the past. Looks good to me. We still need a refocused Hagans for the tournament though. Maybe this is his next step forward.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I would argue “needing personal time” would be much worse than a “suspension” at this point in the season. So not sure why cal would go with that if it weren’t true. But then again Rupp rafters has lots of sources and is always right so I guess it was a suspension.

On Friday UK will have a masked player from parts unknown.He will have a double double by the under 4 timeout(still masked)When the teams retake the floor he will rip off his mask,everyone is expecting to see Hagans but no........it is.........Dontaie Allen!!

So you know this for a fact ? I agree it PROBABLY was a suspension but it is not smart to talk in absolutes about things you don't know absolutely . Trust me I learned that lesson years ago on here.
LMFAO, the irony with this post is thicker than the thickest London fog ever.
Have you ever read any of your posts?

I would argue “needing personal time” would be much worse than a “suspension” at this point in the season. So not sure why cal would go with that if it weren’t true. But then again Rupp rafters has lots of sources and is always right so I guess it was a suspension.
Because telling everyone he was suspended, makes the player look so much worse. You can't built a players brand very well after you tell everyone he was suspended.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I have a question for those in this thread who are stressed out about Hagans or who won't just accept Calipari's comments at face value...

What do YOU think is happening? And why haven't we heard "he's back and ready to go"?

Here's my thought. Calipari respects his players' privacy and intends to keep the confidence of those players, so he's not giving any specifics here, and he won't. If Hagans wasn't returning to the team, we would know it. Calipari would have no reason to not tell us this.

But if you read the clues we've been given, everything will be fine. He has said we need Hagans for the postseason. He has said he doesn't know whether or not he will start. He hasn't even implied this was a disciplinary issue, even if we think it was. We've also seen Hagans' reactions to the Florida game. This doesn't look like the reaction of a kid who isn't playing anymore this season.

Now, for those dying to stir the pot, go ahead. You may have another 48 hours to bait and flame on this topic.

Because telling everyone he was suspended, makes the player look so much worse. You can't built a players brand very well after you tell everyone he was suspended.
Yea, or, you know, he was just telling the truth. Personal reasons make him look like a weak head case, so that isn’t exactly the best brand builder either.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I have a question for those in this thread who are stressed out about Hagans or who won't just accept Calipari's comments at face value...

What do YOU think is happening? And why haven't we heard "he's back and ready to go"?

Here's my thought. Calipari respects his players' privacy and intends to keep the confidence of those players, so he's not giving any specifics here, and he won't. If Hagans wasn't returning to the team, we would know it. Calipari would have no reason to not tell us this.

But if you read the clues we've been given, everything will be fine. He has said we need Hagans for the postseason. He has said he doesn't know whether or not he will start. He hasn't even implied this was a disciplinary issue, even if we think it was. We've also seen Hagans' reactions to the Florida game. This doesn't look like the reaction of a kid who isn't playing anymore this season.

Now, for those dying to stir the pot, go ahead. You may have another 48 hours to bait and flame on this topic.
At the end of the day you are probably correct that Hagans will be back with the team come Friday.Do you buy Cal's statements hook,line and sinker? The timing of everything that has occurred tells me a different story.Yes Cal will do everything he can to protect his players(including dancing around the truth) when speaking publicly about team/individual issues.

As fans we are left to read and write our own mystery short story.Like all authors some are better at it than others but the subject matter intrigues us all.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT