ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Cal from MJ

If you can’t land a home run like JW then maybe you keep cal until you know you can get it right. Don’t change just for the sake of change or you’ll be doing it again in 3 years

Reactions: BigBlue1992
This is coming from a user on another thread you can go read it, but this is what they did to Reeves and another reason Cals ass needs to go, quote below…..

“At the end of last season once he was the last senior left on the team(that hadn’t moved on yet). We made the decision to offer him 100k to return/sign autographs. He was trying to find other places to go. I wanted to make the offer. Contacted an assistant.

When they didn’t take us up on the offer we just figured Reeves declined. Later this year we found out he was never presented with the offer. When he was out on his own looking for small 5/10k deals to get by. Dropping 20 a night scrounging around for small deals when they had one. That would have helped all year live a pretty good senior year.

Can’t even imagine this season without Reeves now.”
That is not really intelligible.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
This is coming from a user on another thread you can go read it, but this is what they did to Reeves and another reason Cals ass needs to go, quote below…..

“At the end of last season once he was the last senior left on the team(that hadn’t moved on yet). We made the decision to offer him 100k to return/sign autographs. He was trying to find other places to go. I wanted to make the offer. Contacted an assistant.

When they didn’t take us up on the offer we just figured Reeves declined. Later this year we found out he was never presented with the offer. When he was out on his own looking for small 5/10k deals to get by. Dropping 20 a night scrounging around for small deals when they had one. That would have helped all year live a pretty good senior year.

This must be true because we all know it's illegal to lie on the internet.

Don’t see Wright as the slam dunk so many do. College basketball has changed dramatically with NIL since he was coaching.

If we get him, we would need to have a program GM.
I think we’d be much better off getting Pitino back for a 4 year contract so he could retire where he readily admits he never should have left. Before the last of those 4 years, a successor would be proactively named so as to have a fluid transition when Pitino retires.

Last edited:
Stevens
Wright
Donovan

In that order

If you can’t get one of those three then just keep cal until you can or better.

It would never happen in a million years but it would the funniest thing ever if they had a press conference and they announced they were moving on from cal, and bring out pitino and say he is the next coach
That may not be as long of a shot as you think…

How sweet would it be for Pitino to stroll back into Camelot and take JVC's job at the same time? That would be some high drama.
Reed may even stay another year for that. Pitino certainly seemed to indicate a few weeks ago that he had an idea what Reed may do…

Reactions: Ugoff

Probably trying to compile deals and money for DJ.

• Sad
Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Bad news friend, we're never getting Wright, Stevens, or Donovan.

We're gonna have to eventually move on from Calipari without one of those guys.
Awesome. Thanks for letting me know man.
Kinda sucks but I’m glad there’s someone on this board that just so happens to have all three guys phone number and was able to text them that quickly.
PM me if you have any more inside info

It’s perfectly fine for you to say you don’t “think” they will but you and the other 500 posters on here that spout this garbage don’t KNOW anything for sure

Of course you would. Sejonsey is in total agreement with you. Congratulations.

But NO. Just NO! Time for Cal to go.

Keeping Cal another year just means a bigger hole for the next coach to try and dig their way out of. Time to stop the bleeding of the program.

Quite a few more people than just him agreed with me.

I think there's greater benefits waiting for us, by planning the next hire, than firing someone just out of anger, and not being able to hire the right replacement. I'm fine taking another mediocre year from Cal, if it means we can really get the next hire right.. than taking someone we know isn't right for the job and sucking for several more years.

And the notion that Cal is going to leave us in a bigger hole is just silly. So long as the transfer portal exists, along with NIL, we're going to be able to fill the roster very easily.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Ok....so the first update was Mitch meeting with Cal this weekend, and to expect a decision by Monday. Next update is Cal has been in NJ since the loss and is expected to return Monday...... 🤔 🤔 🤔

Yeah, right now this place is a swirling cesspool of crap with some $100 bills floating around.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Jay Wright is not walking through that door. I'm sorry I had to lol. It will probably be Pearl. He could handle the pressure and always wanted the UK job. Fans would love having a pressing team back again. The Pitino years were beyond fun with pressing teams.
I’d agree that Pearl is much (much) more likely than Wright, and also a better fit for today’s college atmosphere and UK’s too. The best choice (Donovan) won’t come. The next best choice (Pitino) likely would, if Joanne would agree and UK asked. In any case, if Mitch listens to wise advisers, there are several good choices to consider. And, as others have stated, if Cal is allowed to stay, he’s going to be under some specific requirements per how he talks about the goals of the program and the fans in public, and how his team performs next year on the court. It may make for an uncomfortable season. That’s another reason I think he’s not coming back. I just hope it’s amicable with Cal doing a sort of Nick Saban and stating he needs a break.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT