ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Cal from MJ

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Cal is currently in New Jersey and has been since the loss. Expected back tomorrow, said he think the most likely option is parting ways and a lot of people in the administration want a change.

Also said Jay Wright would be the first call and Scott Drew second. Said there was possible some interest there.

Huge if true

Cal is currently in Nee Jersey and has been since the loss. Expected back tomorrow, said he think the most likely option is parting ways and a lot of people in the administration want a change.

Also said Jay Wright would be the first call and Scott Drew second. Said there was some interest with both of those guys.

Huge if true

Wow. What do we do with Jay Wright? Throw $11mil at him? I would.

But pretty sure he already expressed he wasnt interested on live TV. I also get the sense he wants no part in NIL, transfer portal, etc. However.. Kentucky isn't Villanova. He'd have every tool at his disposal to make sure his rosters are better than 99% of everyone else.

Edit: Man how about we let Cal handle the NIL stuff for him haaha.

Jay Wright will say no and hopefully Scott Drew will also say no
Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

The way the broadcast guys have been joking Jay Wright on air openly… I assumed they knew he had been contacted to gauge interest.

If somehow we pull Wright for 5-10 years that is the biggest grand slam of all time. I’d go as far as making it a guaranteed 5years with a no fire option, a nice “retirement package” that either side can activate if he or the university chooses to walk away and “retire” at that point as an amicable exit to save face for both if it went south. Basically to the public appearance it would be “retirement/health/my family didn’t like me being back in the game etc”. And both sides would maintain that facade. We’d release statements about how sad we were to see him go and we believe given time he’d won titles etc… a legacy protection agreement

Cal is currently in New Jersey and has been since the loss. Expected back tomorrow, said he think the most likely option is parting ways and a lot of people in the administration want a change.

Also said Jay Wright would be the first call and Scott Drew second. Said there was possible some interest there.

Huge if true
Some interest from whom? Wright or Drew?

Huge if true
He trying to get his old Nets job back?

He did NOT say there was possible interest from Wright. Not sure if that's what you were implying or not. He said he thinks he would be the first call.
He literally said he thinks there would be interest there. Guess you’re hard at hearing

Huge if true
In No Way shape or form should Scott Drew be the second choice!! My Goodness!

Last edited:

Huge if true
Well Scott Drew just got eliminated again. Looked remarkably like a Cal game. At least equal talent, they were down and looked horrible all game but fought tooth and nail. Get a critical steal and their prized recruit gets fouled and bricks 2 FT’s that cost them the game.

Last edited:

Huge if true
Offers should be made to any of the following 3; Wright, Donavon or Stevens! We have to swing for the fences!

Last edited:
He literally said he thinks there would be interest there. Guess you’re hard at hearing
He said Jay Wright would get the first phone call. whether or not he's interested he has no idea. I just went back and listened. Try not to insult people that can hear better than you. It starts at 8:20 if you want to go back and hear it correctly.

Huge if true
God, no Drew. He is no better than what we have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT