ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Cal from MJ

Wow. What do we do with Jay Wright? Throw $11mil at him? I would.

But pretty sure he already expressed he wasnt interested on live TV. I also get the sense he wants no part in NIL, transfer portal, etc. However.. Kentucky isn't Villanova. He'd have every tool at his disposal to make sure his rosters are better than 99% of everyone else.

Edit: Man how about we let Cal handle the NIL stuff for him haaha.
J Wright recruits 3 stars and develops them, sometimes he misses tournament

Reactions: dl51344
Wow. What do we do with Jay Wright? Throw $11mil at him? I would.

But pretty sure he already expressed he wasnt interested on live TV. I also get the sense he wants no part in NIL, transfer portal, etc. However.. Kentucky isn't Villanova. He'd have every tool at his disposal to make sure his rosters are better than 99% of everyone else.

Edit: Man how about we let Cal handle the NIL stuff for him haaha.
Wright would be a fool to act interested-string it out to get more money-IF he is really interested.

Excited Lets Go GIF

All of these so called fans afraid of change and say we should just keep Cal are pathetic. The man cannot even win a conference title, conference game, or ncaa tournament game anymore. What in the world would it take for you to feel
the need to replace him?
Not defending Cal here, Drew just isn’t the answer. He wasn’t the answer before the loss to Clemson. If it’s him, it’s gonna be more of the same with lesser recruiting

We better have a HOMERUN HIRE coming in here next year to be able to keep some of the recruits and able to pull some top transfers in for next season. It better not be a Gillipsie hire by Barnhart. We do have a nice recruiting class coming next season plus trying to pull a couple of the Top Transfers to Kentucky next season. I don't trust Barnhart on hiring the next head coach. It took 2 or 3 other Kentucky people to convince Barnhart to give a Calipari an interview back in 2008-09 before hiring Calipari.

IF we are forced to bring Cal back for whatever reason the one thing that may motivate him to try again is tell him if he gets fired after next year then Pitino is his replacement lol. Pitino kept him motivated for years because they couldn’t stand each other.
I think they mended fences a few years ago. Pitino publicly thanked Cal for reaching out and being kind to him. But I do agree: that would certainly motivate Cal!
Remember how Cal would let Joe B sit on the bench, attend practices, and be a part of mentoring players? Wouldn’t it be something if Pitino offered a little Xs and Os instruction? 🤣Not gonna happen, I know, but we’re desperate for some change.

Look at his record during tournament play. It’s not good.
If it was as good as it needs to be to wow all of you, he'd never leave there like how Izzo didnt leave MSU and Few didnt leave Gonzaga etc. Look at Cal and Pitino's post seasons before UK ...
I personally think if Mitch doesn't go after Danny Hurley with everything he's got, he is missing the chance of a lifetime to hire a young Rick Pitino type coach.

DH would have to tell me no at least 3 times and then I would ask him one more time if he was sure he didn't want to be the coach of the greatest basketball school of all times.
Yeah, and he's going to leave that job where he has ESPN in their back pocket, all the mega wealthy boosters from Conn to Boston and and administration that is all in on basketball where Barnhart is football first...... You better start knocking on doors and getting together BBN to try and get Mitch ousted first and a basketball first AD hired first... then maybe try for Hurley.

We have made the round of 32 one time in 4 years.
We are already in Indiana territory..
Absurd. Indiana has been to the second weekend three times in the last 20 years. We aren’t even close to Indiana territory.

Regardless, being in “Indiana territory” isn’t something that matters anyway. UConn went 9 years without making the second weekend before last year. Things changed almost immediately because they hired the right coach. That’s really all that matters these days. The coach.

Indiana is where they are because they can’t find the ride coach and keep getting stuck under multiple buyouts at once so they need to hold onto bad coaches for longer than they should.

He would guarantee maybe 1 more win per tournament than Cal, since he hasn’t gotten past the round of 32 the last 3 years. Would be a terrible and boring hire.
I bet you’ve been listening to the kid rock song picture a lot lately. Sejonesy put Cals picture away….sat down and cried today

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
IF we are forced to bring Cal back for whatever reason the one thing that may motivate him to try again is tell him if he gets fired after next year then Pitino is his replacement lol. Pitino kept him motivated for years because they couldn’t stand each other.
This is so true and I said when Pitino left Cal would drop off. Also, there was a big article in SI about Cal where someone who knows them both well (either Dick Weiss or Sonny Vaccaro) said that Calipari making the Hall of Fame would change him because "he no longer has to chase the ghost (Pitino)".

Mark Few. He only makes 1.8 million per year at Gonzaga. Who cares about the DUI. I had one of those myself. Nobody is perfect.

Assuming the big 3 say no, MY next call would go to Pearl ; I just think he would knock it out of the park here, I really do, and he can handle the pressure, IMO.

Drew? Not so much.

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
Someone remind me of the NC coach who decided to come here and lead our program to a championship.

Don't expect that to happen. Why come here when it can be done without coming to Lexington?

Assuming the big 3 say no, MY next call would go to Pearl ; I just think he would knock it out of the park here, I really do, and he can handle the pressure, IMO.

Drew? Not so much.
I agree with Pearl. I know people don't like him for whatever reason but he is a good coach. I mean he's literally made Auburn relevant in basketball. That program was in the crapper.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
in a perfect world Hurley or Wright and I’d make them have to tell me no. Pretty sure they would say no tho and to me after that it’s Oats or Tommy Loyd.

Jay Wright has won 2 NC coaching those 3 stars SINCE 2015.

Cal has NEVER missed the tournament with all his 5 stars......Oh Wait....
My God, I wasn't kidding him, I think UK fans patience would wear thin or maybe we are more patient than Villinova😂😂. He nearly got fired at Villinova
Jay Wright has won 2 NC coaching those 3 stars SINCE 2015.

Cal has NEVER missed the tournament with all his 5 stars......Oh Wa

If it was as good as it needs to be to wow all of you, he'd never leave there like how Izzo didnt leave MSU and Few didnt leave Gonzaga etc. Look at Cal and Pitino's post seasons before UK ...

Yeah, and he's going to leave that job where he has ESPN in their back pocket, all the mega wealthy boosters from Conn to Boston and and administration that is all in on basketball where Barnhart is football first...... You better start knocking on doors and getting together BBN to try and get Mitch ousted first and a basketball first AD hired first... then maybe try for Hurley.
Just stop

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT