ADVERTISEMENT

catsfan3523 vs Quest4#9

Who has the chance to win more championships over the next 7 years?

• catsfan3523

• Quest4#9

Results are only viewable after voting.

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Draft Bracket - http://challonge.com/vgm0ajvi

catsfan3523 - Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal, Myles Turner, Jae Crowder, Trevor Ariza, Dennis Smith Jr, Patrick Beverly, Dwight Howard, Thaddeus Young, John Collins, Andrew Harrison

Quest4#9 - Kevin Durant, Kristap Porzingis, Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Paul Milsap, Deangelo Russell, Jeff Teague, Buddy Heild, Jusuf Nurkic, Tyler Ulis, Rudy Gay, Donovan Mitchell

This is the playoffs who has the best team and will win the most championships over a 7 year period. Please vote. This round ends 8/15 at 9:00 PM Est.

i
gotta roll with quest

The thing that bothers me is quest's first 5 picks are all forwards. And Paul milsap is old

With who was on the board each pick I felt I took the best player available, knowing there were many quality guards remaining if I waited. Chris Paul at 32 went 3rd round. Milsap at 32 is a top 20 NBA player so to get him 5th round was value I couldn't pass up. He's got 4 more good years in him at least. Let's not forget Durant is really a 7 foot two guard while Simmons is an elite play maker that may end up playing point guard. Teague Russell etc are quality enough to hang with kyrie and Beal while my front courts depth, talent, and versatility will wear teams down. Could I have taken a guy like kemba in the third round, sure. But the drop from kemba to Teague isn't much, while Russell's future is brighter anyway.

Over a 7 year period, I think Porzingis/Simmons/Embiid/Russell will end up becoming way better than one might think. All of cats guys outside of Turner basically are what they're going to be.

If you look at his roster, one injury to Davis, Kyrie, or Beal and Cats will really struggle. I feel my team can handle an injury much better.

Last edited:
I think the 2 best players in this draft were Kevin Durant and Steph Curry. And I think I'm going to have to vote against both of them. This one was close.

Quest's pick of Embiid is hard to reconcile. Especially when he really needed a star guard by that point. I like the idea of Durant and Prozingis causing all sorts of inside/outside mismatches. But I don't like the Embiid pick at 3. Post presence wasn't much of a concern, and he should have grabbed some perimeter help.

On the other hand, I really do not like the combo of Davis and Mr. Flat Earth. I just don't know if I see that working chemistry-wise. Also, he went heavy on PGs, drafting 4. But overall I like a lot of the pieces he picked up and he's my choice on this round.

Fair points. If Embiid does stay healthy, I feel he's a far better player than any star guard who was available at that point ( which only included guys like Beal, Mccollum, Kemba, Conley).

I'll accept the criticism of Embiid as he has been injury prone, but he is far more talented than most realize. I just couldn't justify selecting Beal over him just so I could say my team was more "balanced".

I feel that if Embiid stays healthy, Porzingis, Durant, and Embiid are all top 10 players in a few years, and who knows on Simmons ( he could also be great). My young guards are not bad, and all have shown promise that they could make an all star team at some point. I just don't think Beal or even Kyrie are really even close to the level of a Curry/Westbrook/Harden, as both are pretty bad on defense.

Reactions: gossie21
It's just tough when your third pick is viewed as a guy who will give you zero over the course of 7 years due to health. In a league where everyone is loaded, it'll be tough to play Embiid in 50 games on a minute count and compete.

I also don't think it fits well. Trying to play Durant at the two is putting him in a bad spot, and putting Simmons/zinger/Embiid on the floor together clogs things up for all of them.

I also don't think you can win with DeAngelo Russell. awful locker room guy.

The shot blocking ability of Davis and Turner is scary good. Both can face up to spread for Kyrie leaving Beal, Crowder or the bigs to shoot. Just like that better than Simmons who hasnt really played or Embiid who cant stay healthy.

Reactions: quest4#9
I love AD, but in all fairness he is one of the more injury prone players in the league. He just tends to be in one game out the next. I don't really feel Russell is a bad locker room guy. If anyone is it would be Irving who wasn't speaking with teammates during the playoffs.

I think the overall criticism of me not having a super elite guard this moment is fair, and if this was a one year thing I would have gone with more guards that are ready to play now. I do feel like the general judgment has been which top 3 on our teams is most balanced rather than who has the best overall team.

Pick by pick talent wise over 7 years, I feel:

Durant>Davis
Porzingis = Irving (Cavs had a losing record with Lebron out)
Embiid +- Beal ( Embiid will either be better or injured)
Simmons = Turner
Milsap=Crowder Milsap is better, but older
Russell>Ariza
Teague >Smith
Hield = Beverly
Nurkic >Howard Howard is old
Ulis<Young
Gay >Collins
Mitchell>Harrison

Any of these can be debated and flipped, but I feel if voters considered further than just Embiid being a controversial third round pick, they might see this matchup a little differently. We still have the best player on the court in Durant and I'm not sure who on cats team can stop him.

Last edited:
Simmons, Russell, and Zingus looking pretty good, and Embiid's played more this year than Turner. I want a recount :joy:

Donovan Mitchell, Durant, Simmons, Porzingis, and Embiid as my starting 5 for next 7 years and I'm voted to lose to a team starting Ariza and Crowder [roll][roll][roll]

Porzingis is also hurt *again* and Embiid just returned from a month off. There's a reason they were available when you got them, and no one knew what Mitchell was. You took him in the last round. So voting accordingly at the time, he was in the proper perspective.

You also gotta learn to let this go lol. I lost two of the last three years just because people thought it was funny to vote against me.

Donovan Mitchell, Durant, Simmons, Porzingis, and Embiid as my starting 5 for next 7 years and I'm voted to lose to a team starting Ariza and Crowder [roll][roll][roll]

You had Russell starting .. Mitchell is somewhere in the G League for your organization.

I would say Donovan Mitchell was way outside of expectation .

Other than that not sure why Quest keeps bringing this up like he has a point?

His top 2 of 3 drafted misses majority of the game .

I had Mitchell on my draft radar for the last 5 rounds. I watched him in the SLC summer league and he looked like he was College All-American playing against High School JV kids. And that was with Jayson Tatum, Markelle Fultz, Alex Poythress, and Aaron Harrison all playing in the same pod of games.

Ultimately I decided not to pick him up because he wouldn't do anything positive for my roster considering we were trying to get votes. I might look good a year later, but nobody voting at the time would have cared.

Reactions: quest4#9
I would say Donovan Mitchell was way outside of expectation .

Other than that not sure why Quest keeps bringing this up like he has a point?

His top 2 of 3 drafted misses majority of the game .

Porzingis is also hurt *again* and Embiid just returned from a month off. There's a reason they were available when you got them, and no one knew what Mitchell was. You took him in the last round. So voting accordingly at the time, he was in the proper perspective.

You also gotta learn to let this go lol. I lost two of the last three years just because people thought it was funny to vote against me.

Irving is out for the year also, your point?

ADVERTISEMENT