ADVERTISEMENT

Round 1 quest4#9 vs. BigBlueFanGA

Who wins the most championships over a 5 year period

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the 2022 Rupp Rafters NBA Draft - the objective is to draft a team of 10 players that give you the best chance at multiple championships over a 5 year period.

Voters please select the team you believe accomplished this object... This round will be 48 hours. You will be able to change your pick if swayed by the two players. This is the bracket

@quest4#9 - Kevin Durant, Jaylen Brown, Jamal Murray, Tyrese Haliburton, Myles Turner, Jordan Poole, Michael Porter Jr, Lonzo Ball, Paolo Banchero, Jusuf Nurkic

vs.

@BigBlueFanGA - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kyrie Irving, Zach Lavine, Jarret Allen, Jeremi Grant, Gary Trent Jr, Jalen Brunson, Norman Powell, Anfernee Simons, Matisse Thybulle

I think Giannis and Irving are actually the two players in the NBA right now that are considered unstoppable.

Much better than the current real life pairing of Durant and Irving.

Murray/ Ball
Haliburton/ Poole
Brown/ Michael Porter jr
Durant/ Banchero
Turner/ Nurkic

My team can shoot the piss out of the ball. Everyone is near or above 40 % 3 point shooting, including Myles turner who can step out and shoot the 3, and even Lonzo who has improved dramatically.

I’m just not sure how you guard a team that can space the floor at every spot all game long. And these aren’t just spot up shooters, all of these guys can create their own shot, get in the lane and set up others.

Poole was the warriors best player their first series, and Haliburton is one of the next big things in the league imo. I also think brown is overlooked on the Celtics as he does everything well.

At least my team can do some things on defense to slow him down (sag off of a few suspect shooters). I’m not sure how you game plan defensively for my 3 point barrage.

I agree, his team is definitely one of the best so it’s a tough first round matchup. Wouldn’t blame anyone for voting either way. But I think I drafted as well as I could to create a versatile team where even if I got in some foul trouble etc I have plenty of guys who can play multiple spots at a high level.

I hope people can look past just Giannis being great and look at the entire team. Bc if it’s just about the best player on the team then might as well just advance the teams who selected highest. Durant is still that guy who put up 48, 9, and 6 vs Giannis and outplayed him last year in game 7. He just hasn’t had much help in Brooklyn. Giannis called him the best player in the world after that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: DraftCat
Dirty... and Poole as the 6th man yikes.

He is versing the one team that can get more votes however.

Waiting to see if there is any discussion with these two both MIA tonight
In a legit game that lineup would literally be unguardable. The versatility and athleticism to have Turner, Durant and Brown on the court together with a healthy Jamal Murray and one of the best young PGs in the game? I just don’t see that team losing with that amount of versatility and scoring.

Reactions: quest4#9
In a legit game that lineup would literally be unguardable. The versatility and athleticism to have Turner, Durant and Brown on the court together with a healthy Jamal Murray and one of the best young PGs in the game? I just don’t see that team losing with that amount of versatility and scoring.

Yes but they will be giving up equally the amount of points on the other end... not much defense. May not matter though with the firepower.

I also question the point guard situation... who's getting these guys the ball? Or is it all ISO

Lonzo is coming off the bench likely 15-20 min a game.

Reactions: EKYCard643
Yes but they will be giving up equally the amount of points on the other end... not much defense. May not matter though with the firepower.
I’d argue ball, brown, and turner are elite defensively as all will be getting votes for all nba defense. Haliburton was 2nd in the league in steals. Ball top 5 per game in steals. Turner led the league in blocks per game. Durant has even been considered to be very good to elite on defense.

Reactions: EKYCard643

I also question the point guard situation... who's getting these guys the ball? Or is it all ISO

Lonzo is coming off the bench likely 15-20 min a game.
Murray needs to have the ball in his hands and has shown the ability to run the point at a high level in the playoffs. He was putting up 50 in games in the bubble. Haliburton averaged 10 assists per game for the pacers so I feel Murray him and ball split those duties some. Ultimately, I see a healthy Murray as the closest thing there is to the next steph curry.

Reactions: DraftCat
Final point I’ll make. I look at his team and everyone feels developed. They are what they’re going to be and I don’t see many of his guys getting much better.

haliburton, poole, brown, mpj, Banchero even.... all these guys have a ton of upside and will certainly get a lot better. Will jerami grant, Trent, simons, Norman powell?

Welcome to the 2022 Rupp Rafters NBA Draft - the objective is to draft a team of 10 players that give you the best chance at multiple championships over a 5 year period.

Voters please select the team you believe accomplished this object... This round will be 48 hours. You will be able to change your pick if swayed by the two players. This is the bracket

@quest4#9 - Kevin Durant, Jaylen Brown, Jamal Murray, Tyrese Haliburton, Myles Turner, Jordan Poole, Michael Porter Jr, Lonzo Ball, Paolo Banchero, Jusuf Nurkic

vs.

@BigBlueFanGA - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kyrie Irving, Zach Lavine, Jarret Allen, Jeremi Grant, Gary Trent Jr, Jalen Brunson, Norman Powell, Anfernee Simons, Matisse Thybulle
What the hell is wrong with you? This is the 1st round matchup? It'll be tomorrow before I can make my case. I need a computer not a phone.

Murray/ Ball
Haliburton/ Poole
Brown/ Michael Porter jr
Durant/ Banchero
Turner/ Nurkic

My team can shoot the piss out of the ball. Everyone is near or above 40 % 3 point shooting, including Myles turner who can step out and shoot the 3, and even Lonzo who has improved dramatically.

I’m just not sure how you guard a team that can space the floor at every spot all game long. And these aren’t just spot up shooters, all of these guys can create their own shot, get in the lane and set up others.

Poole was the warriors best player their first series, and Haliburton is one of the next big things in the league imo. I also think brown is overlooked on the Celtics as he does everything well.

At least my team can do some things on defense to slow him down (sag off of a few suspect shooters). I’m not sure how you game plan defensively for my 3 point barrage.

I agree, his team is definitely one of the best so it’s a tough first round matchup. Wouldn’t blame anyone for voting either way. But I think I drafted as well as I could to create a versatile team where even if I got in some foul trouble etc I have plenty of guys who can play multiple spots at a high level.

I hope people can look past just Giannis being great and look at the entire team. Bc if it’s just about the best player on the team then might as well just advance the teams who selected highest. Durant is still that guy who put up 48, 9, and 6 vs Giannis and outplayed him last year in game 7. He just hasn’t had much help in Brooklyn. Giannis called him the best player in the world after that game.
Good points but I have some I'll counter with tomorrow. I'll start with this though. Giannis, my "franchise" player is at the top of his game and he is over 5 years younger than Durant who is your "franchise" player. By the end of our 5 year run, Giannis still won't be as old as Durant is today. Age is what it is and Durant is already showing the signs of an inevitable decline. Much more tomorrow, this is a great matchup.

Good points but I have some I'll counter with tomorrow. I'll start with this though. Giannis, my "franchise" player is at the top of his game and he is over 5 years younger than Durant who is your "franchise" player. By the end of our 5 year run, Giannis still won't be as old as Durant is today. Age is what it is and Durant is already showing the signs of an inevitable decline. Much more tomorrow, this is a great matchup.
Fair enough. And I’d of course take Giannis over Durant, but Lebron is still very elite at 38. Durant is I think 4 years younger than him. He was in the MVP race this year and is a jump shooter who doesn’t rely on athleticism. I think he has 5 good years left.

One other question I’d ask is who your backup 5 is?

It seems you’re bringing 5 guards off the bench. You got 3 guys above 6’5 on your roster.

Allen goes out and Turner or Nurkic would do serious damage. An Allen injury and you’d have no center at all. Whereas a turner injury, I could still rotate nurkic Banchero at the 5.

Last edited:
Fair enough. And I’d of course take Giannis over Durant, but Lebron is still very elite at 38. Durant is I think 4 years younger than him. He was in the MVP race this year and is a jump shooter who doesn’t rely on athleticism. I think he has 5 good years left.

One other question I’d ask is who your backup 5 is? It seems you’re bringing 5 guards off the bench. Allen goes out and Turner or Nurkic would do serious damage. An Allen injury and you’d have no center at all. Whereas a turner injury, I could still rotate nurkic Banchero at the 5.
Thanks for the setup. I'll gladly respond tomorrow.

Murray needs to have the ball in his hands and has shown the ability to run the point at a high level in the playoffs. He was putting up 50 in games in the bubble. Haliburton averaged 10 assists per game for the pacers so I feel Murray him and ball split those duties some. Ultimately, I see a healthy Murray as the closest thing there is to the next steph curry.
Is Murray going to be doing that on crutches? He is still out indefinitely with no timetable. Speaking of that, Porter isn't able to play now either with yet another flare up of his bad back. Then I also wonder about your aging superstar, Durant. Didn't he miss 1/4th of this season and a couple years ago missed an entire season? His 3% was down significantly this year as well. Do you really think he's going to hold up as your franchise player, playing at an elite and dominant level, for the next 5 years or even 3 years?

As for when Allen is off the floor, I planned to go small ball and give you as many fits as you will try to give me. I do have 3 of the top defenders in the league and Giannis is capable of guarding pretty much any position. I'm not concerned too much with defense.

To be fair, your team has injury issues as well (Lavine is having surgery) powell and Simons have had issues. Not a point I care to focus on bc most players in the league have had stints of injuries.

I don’t even want to talk about kyrie not being on the court at times, bc personally I’m a fan and back his decisions at least for this last year.

But if Allen and grant aren’t on the court you’re going small ball with Lavine at the 4 trying to guard Durant, MPJ, Banchero.

I just don’t see it. Small ball can work and cause issues, but you rarely see nba teams where they’re this dependent on guards with 3 guys over 6’5.

One Giannis injury and your team looks small and average to me.

Let’s say Giannis/Allen and Durant/ Turner were all injured or just off the court.

lineups would be

Kyrie Murray
Lavine Haliburton
Trent jr brown
Powell(6’4) MPJ/Banchero (6’10)
Grant (6’8 210 lbs ) Nurkic (7’ 290)

To me it’s when we start getting into depth that you see your team would have a lot of issues in the front court. Powell and grant couldn’t guard MPJ/Banchero and Nurkic

Last edited:
Durant averaged 30 7 and 6 this year... 2nd highest ppg in his career.

I don’t see that as slowing down.

Giannis was 29 % from 3 this year.

Jarrett Allen was 10 % from 3.

thybulle 30 % from 3.

So that is the glaring offensive weakness I could gameplan for.

To be fair, your team has injury issues as well (Lavine is having surgery) powell and Simons have had issues. Not a point I care to focus on bc most players in the league have had stints of injuries.

I don’t even want to talk about kyrie not being on the court at times, bc personally I’m a fan and back his decisions at least for this last year.

But if Allen and grant aren’t on the court you’re going small ball with Lavine at the 4 trying to guard Durant, MPJ, Banchero.

I just don’t see it. Small ball can work and cause issues, but you rarely see nba teams where they’re this dependent on guards with 3 guys over 6’5.

One Giannis injury and your team looks small and average to me.

Let’s say Giannis/Allen and Durant/ Turner were all injured or just off the court.

lineups would be

Kyrie Murray
Lavine Haliburton
Trent jr brown
Powell(6’4) MPJ/Banchero (6’10)
Grant (6’8 210 lbs ) Nurkic (7’ 290)

To me it’s when we start getting into depth that you see your team would have a lot of issues in the front court. Powell and grant couldn’t guard MPJ/Banchero and Nurkic
Well, you're comparing apples to oranges. Porter has now had 3 back surgeries and Murray cannot play right now, at all. When he can return, will Murray be back 100%? That's an unknown at this point. Back surgeries suck. I'm about to have a 2 or 3 level neck surgery then have to deal with my lumbar back from a bad accident. Each surgery is going to diminish him a bit. Then you have an aging Durant whether you want to accept that or not. When your superstar has played 65% of games over the past 8 seasons and 42% of games over the past 3 seasons, that is a legitimate concern especially when the player will soon be 33.

Anyone can get injured. Playing what if with Giannis is pointless. He has no injury history to be concerned with and there is zero reason to expect one. Kyrie's issues were not injuries. He can play. Lavine is just getting scoped, it's nothing major. Powell is back 100%.

I think that’s my point is anyone can get injured. My team is better equipped to handle injuries.

If Murray was out I could stick one of the best young point guards in the league Haliburton at the 1, slot poole at the 2 and go

Haliburton
Poole
Brown
Durant
Turner

Basically pick 3 guys on either team to take out for random injury. I’d take out Giannis grant allen. You would select Murray brown Durant.

That would leave us with

Haliburton 6’5
Poole 6’4
Mpj 6’10
Banchero 6’10
Turner 7’

Vs
Kyrie 6’2
Brunson 6’1
Lavine 6’5
Powell 6’4
Trent 6’5

I’d say good luck in that scenario haha

Last edited:
Keeping in mind we have to play 80 + games a year. Depth isn’t just a hypothetical. Injuries across the board will happen to both teams. But my versatility allows for mine much better.

Grant and Allen are both injury prone themselves and each averaged just 50 games played the last couple seasons.

So it’s likely over 5 years you’d have plenty of stints where you’re stuck with Giannis playing center all game with 6’4 Powell at the 4. Not ideal

Last edited:
I think that’s my point is anyone can get injured. My team is better equipped to handle injuries.

If Murray was out I could stick one of the best young point guards in the league Haliburton at the 1, slot poole at the 2 and go

Haliburton
Poole
Brown
Durant
Turner

Basically pick 3 guys on either team to take out for random injury. I’d take out Giannis grant allen. You would select Murray brown Durant.

That would leave us with

Haliburton 6’5
Poole 6’4
Mpj 6’10
Banchero 6’10
Turner 7’

Vs
Kyrie 6’2
Brunson 6’1
Lavine 6’5
Powell 6’4
Trent 6’5

I’d say good luck in that scenario haha
I'm talking about reality, you're playing with what ifs. Yes, Murray can't play right now and it's already been 13 months since surgery. Porter is a very scary situation. He isn't likely to ever be the player he could have been.

I don't need to worry about that scenario any more than you have to worry about all your players getting pneumonia and not being able to play for the next 6 months. If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts every time they hopped. You have height on your team, congrats. I have proven defense and the best player in the game who is only 27. So, here's how I see our lineups and bench for now.

Irving - Haliburton
Giannis - Durant
Lavine - Poole
Trent - Brown
Allen - Turner

My bench:

Jalen Brunson
Jerami Grant
Norman Powell
Anfernee Simons
Matisse Thybulle

Your bench:

Jamal Murray - unable to play
Michael Porter Jr. - unable to play
Banchero - pure rookie
Nurkic
Ball

Keeping in mind we have to play 80 + games a year. Depth isn’t just a hypothetical. Injuries across the board will happen to both teams. But my versatility allows for mine much better.

Grant and Allen are both injury prone themselves and each averaged just 50 games played the last couple seasons.

So it’s likely over 5 years you’d have plenty of stints where you’re stuck with Giannis playing center all game with 6’4 Powell at the 4. Not ideal
I don't agree, at all. You already have 2 unable to play.

I don't agree, at all. You already have 2 unable to play.

Both will be starting for the nuggets next season. Murray began practicing 2 months ago. Both nearly returned for the playoffs and said they could’ve.
lavine is more hurt than murray and was limping in the playoffs lol. He needs surgery while Murray is ready to go to start the season.

Last edited:
Both will be starting for the nuggets next season. Murray began practicing 2 months ago. Both nearly returned for the playoffs and said they could’ve.
lavine is more hurt than murray and was limping in the playoffs lol. He needs surgery while Murray is ready to go to start the season.
Just getting scoped but he was playing in some pain. I wouldn't hold my breath on Porter. Murray should just be a matter of when but the mental/physical unknown is there. I'm not angling this time, I just can't see Porter ever being close to 100% again. His back is fragile at best which is a shame, what a shooter when he's healthy.

And goes without saying. The debates are always good fun... half the battle is picking apart the other team’s possible weaknesses.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Murray/ Ball
Haliburton/ Poole
Brown/ Michael Porter jr
Durant/ Banchero
Turner/ Nurkic

You have 3 guys over 40%, Turner is 33%. It's not the guys I would have expected. It's Ball, Haliburton and Porter but Porter..... I don't think you're quite the 3pt juggernaut that you're claiming. As @DraftCat mentioned early, Giannis and Irving are considered unguardable. If that's so, I don't see where so many votes are coming from. I'd love to hear some thoughts on the voting.

Voted for @BigBlueFanGA.... I think his Bench is much stronger and less injury prone.

Extremely close though. I just think the combination of Giannis + Kyrie and Bench play wins out.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Just getting scoped but he was playing in some pain. I wouldn't hold my breath on Porter. Murray should just be a matter of when but the mental/physical unknown is there. I'm not angling this time, I just can't see Porter ever being close to 100% again. His back is fragile at best which is a shame, what a shooter when he's healthy.
You have 3 guys over 40%, Turner is 33%. It's not the guys I would have expected. It's Ball, Haliburton and Porter but Porter..... I don't think you're quite the 3pt juggernaut that you're claiming. As @DraftCat mentioned early, Giannis and Irving are considered unguardable. If that's so, I don't see where so many votes are coming from. I'd love to hear some thoughts on the voting.
Murray 41 %
Durant 45 % in 21 39 % in 22
Brown 40 % in 21
Poole 37 %
Turner had a 38 % season on a lot of shot attempts and is generally around 35 %
Ball haliburton Porter all over 40 %

Acting like my team isn’t a 3 point juggernaut is silly

As for my bench

Lonzo is all nba defense level with a great all around game

Poole has looked like curry this post season

Porter jr is Paul George level potential when healthy, and yes it’s plenty possible he will be healthy. He averaged 20 and 9 in 21

Banchero is a future all star with nba ready game

Nurkic has been a 15 and 10 guy.

I see my bench as a strength

Murray 41 %
Durant 45 % in 21 39 % in 22
Brown 40 % in 21
Poole 37 %
Turner had a 38 % season on a lot of shot attempts and is generally around 35 %
Ball haliburton Porter all over 40 %

Acting like my team isn’t a 3 point juggernaut is silly
Those numbers aren't correct

ADVERTISEMENT