ADVERTISEMENT

Time for the NBA Rupp'sRafters GM Draft once again

Rupp'sRunt

All-American
Apr 19, 2008
Looking for 9 more including myself to draft 10 rounds of fantasy basketball on the board with a 12 hour time limit per pick ( timer stops between midnight and 10 am) and vote as usual. Ill let someone else do the random draft order to ensure no rigging is done on my end in draft order.
Who's in?
@Aike @UKNorse @quest4#9 @GonzoCat90 @drcats2013 @Cats192 @morgousky @FrankUnderwood @Wall2Boogie @Snackbar1130 @gossie21 @BigBlueFanGA @Orange Soda King

Sorry to anyone I forgot I couldn't remember everyones name to @

1.RR
2. @drcats2013
3. @usinfantrycat85
4. @kevin823
5. @Nkycatfan17
6. @kornucopia
7. @Cats192
8. @miracle7s
9. @BeeBeeIn
10. @morgousky
11. @BigBlueFanGA
12. @Pizza Slice
13. @BLEEDBLUE444
14. @UK2KJAG

Last edited:
I always want to do this but worry about not having the time to get on and make my picks. I don't want to be "that guy" that holds up the process.

I always want to do this but worry about not having the time to get on and make my picks. I don't want to be "that guy" that holds up the process.
If it makes you feel any better I've been that guy before and all you have to do is check RR a 3-4 times a day and youll be fine. Part of the reason I did 12 he picks with midnight to 10 am as dead time

I’m out right now. Maybe later in the summer.

Too soon. Gotta wait until after the real draft.
wouldn’t it be best to have a draft using players that have played in the nba? or is having an heir apparent rookie pick what makes it fun? cuz there are so many busts and sleepers-to-be that can’t be graded in nba terms.

What kind of draft? Last year was drafting for the next 7 years I’m pretty sure. Would we switch it up or keep it the same? In last year’s draft rookies mattered. But in say an all time draft rookies wouldn’t matter at all

I’ve done this before and have more time these days. I’d be down.

wouldn’t it be best to have a draft using players that have played in the nba? or is having an heir apparent rookie pick what makes it fun? cuz there are so many busts and sleepers-to-be that can’t be graded in nba terms.

I think the intrigue of the rookies makes it more complex and gives you more options.

They're unproven but in a draft geared toward the future they can be valuable and it shakes up the drafting order.

I’d like to do this draft, an all time NBA, and a UK only draft.
UK only? We'd be scraping the bottom by rd 3-4.

Also I'm here to ask if people would like to wait until after the draft or precede as planned? I'm also going to bump it up to 12 ppl as we usually have 1 or 2 that drop off.

UK only? We'd be scraping the bottom by rd 3-4.

Also I'm here to ask if people would like to wait until after the draft or precede as planned? I'm also going to bump it up to 12 ppl as we usually have 1 or 2 that drop off.
10 people with 10 man teams. I could name 100 wildcats with ease. I think it would make for some very interesting teams

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
I'm in

To @GonzoCat90 comment about waiting till after the draft.... I honestly don't see many players besides Deandre Ayton who would swing any votes.

Plus we can "assume" these players are going to be drafted just list a trusted mock draft and let players draft off of that if they want too.

I'm in

To @GonzoCat90 comment about waiting till after the draft.... I honestly don't see many players besides Deandre Ayton who would swing any votes.

Plus we can "assume" these players are going to be drafted just list a trusted mock draft and let players draft off of that if they want too.

The actual draft gives concrete value to something that's still subjective. It'll also validate a lot of guys who might be valuable pieces but that random voters won't know.

Describing them as the number 7 pick or whatever is better than trying to sell them based on other stuff.

Plus, to be honest, I started this in the first place because June/July are really dull basketball wise. We still have the playoffs and everything going on now.

If we want to do one now, it's been a few years since an all time draft.

Regardless, whatever we do, I want in.

Reactions: drcats2013
The actual draft gives concrete value to something that's still subjective. It'll also validate a lot of guys who might be valuable pieces but that random voters won't know.

Describing them as the number 7 pick or whatever is better than trying to sell them based on other stuff.

Plus, to be honest, I started this in the first place because June/July are really dull basketball wise. We still have the playoffs and everything going on now.

If we want to do one now, it's been a few years since an all time draft.

Regardless, whatever we do, I want in.
I’m up for any and all, but an all time draft would be tons of fun.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
2. @drcats2013
3. @usinfantrycat85
4. @kevin823
5. @Nkycatfan17
6. @kornucopia
7. @Cats192
8. @miracle7s
9. @BeeBeeIn
10. @morgousky
11. @BigBlueFanGA
12. @Pizza Slice
13. @BLEEDBLUE444
14. @UK2KJAG

Seeing as we have high demand for the 16 spots, I'm posting this just to confirm all these users have a Sincere interest in doing this draft. I've got 4 or more ppl looking to get in the last 2 spots. So if you're on this list please either like this post or quote and say a little message such as "I'm still in" and say the number of rounds you'd like to do. 10-12 rounds. I know it's redundant but it's best to get people on the board as active as possible and I'm looking to have no drop outs this year. 16 teams.

I'll post a new thread with a list of the contenders/ teams and the rules we'll be playing by. I was thinking team that would win the most championships over the 5 years compared in a head to head format. Aka pretty much the teams will play a 7 game series once a year over 5 years for the championship in each INDIVIDUAL round. Let me know what you all think on the rules as I'm open to tweeting as the past few years have been vague in definition.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Im open to having say one all time player per roster? Thoughts? I just feel like the MJ pick might be over powering
I’m sure some people would vote for the team with MJ on it, simply because he’s on it with other great players, but personally I’ll be looking at the totality of the rosters. How I feel players would mesh together, etc.

Also, I’m in for whatever, and personally think 10 rounds is plenty.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT