ADVERTISEMENT

Time for the NBA Rupp'sRafters GM Draft once again

I think it'd be better to do a full 82 game season with only our teams and then let it play out in the playoffs as well.

If we turn it only playoffs only, that heavily skews towards teams with injury prone guys. They don't have to hold up as long. Your bench and depth isn't as important.

We're also going to need to set the coach's bench depth to the same thing or the last 2-3 guys won't play on several teams.
Yeah I can just cut it to 16 teams and customize divisions to reflect the sides we have on the bracket. Tricky part will be trying to get playoffs to set up in the correct order. But say I go to the playoffs and someone tore their acl I can just take them out of the lineup for the playoffs. I'll look into it more tmmrw though. I know it's doable

Why are we keeping on injuries? If I draft Lebron #1 and he breaks his leg randomly then my team goes down?

Why are we keeping on injuries? If I draft Lebron #1 and he breaks his leg randomly then my team goes down?

Because any attempt of pretending to be an NBA GM over the next 7 seasons has to factor in injury history. 2k has injury ratings built in to the game.

I get it but I've done seasons with injuries and its a headache. But whatever yall decide.

So is OP doing it this year or do me and @GonzoCat90 need to step in again :)

I don't mind to run the GM Draft later this summer, especially since OP will be doing the 2k simulation and that'll be a lot of work.

I can do the draft threads and randomize the order and the matchups and stuff if I need to. I'll have more time then.

It'd be great if someone else handled the All Time Draft though.

Reactions: DraftCat
I can run the all-time draft. I just need the list of people participating who were chosen and we can start tonight. Also any rules before we start to be told so I can put it in the main thread.

Maybe start a separate thread and we'll hash it out there tonight. I think a lot of the folks interested in this thread were for the original GM draft.

I’m down to do either. I’m pretty sure I was one of the first 10 to say I’d do it so I think I have a spot right? If we’re doing the all time draft now and the gm draft later I’d like to do both but I’m sure other posters will want a spot as well. So are the same posters doing both drafts? Or will the separate drafts have separate posters?

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
It sounds fun but I’ve never really done “fantasy sports” I would probably do terrible
Not sure if anyone responded to this since i didnt read beyond pg 1, but fantasy sports are a fantastic way to add value to games you wouldnt normally care about. Also lets you sort of project how you think players will do based on how you value them in the draft. Its a cool way add interest in a variety of teams and players for sure. Especially if you play for a little money.

ADVERTISEMENT