ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round Gonzo vs. BBN93/Aike

Who has the chance to win more championships over the next 7 years?

• Gonzo

• BBN93/Aike

Results are only viewable after voting.
Differing opinions are fun. Terrible opinions are worthless, especially in an area where there are almost endless statistics to measure and compare and countless experts who discuss things at length.

You might as well say Markkanen might die because he was a high draft pick and Len Bias died or he's European like Drazen Petrovic. So yes, lazy and dumb.

Fultz could just as easily be Magic Johnson, but it would be idiotic of me to try and argue that point. I would assume anyone engaging in this time waster has actually seen the number one overall pick play a substantial amount of basketball and could discern that dismissing him as a "potential bust" would go against all of the evidence we've seen.
Wait.... are Fultz and Markkanen dying? That's terrible to hear. I want to revise my vote.

Reactions: Aike
Don't tell me you voted for Gonzo so your next round would be easier. [laughing]
That was the plan..... except my team is getting voted down. It's the Wisconsin game all over again for KAT. Except this time it's Rupp's Rafters in the roll of Andrew Harrison refusing to get the ball to him.

: (

That was the plan..... except my team is getting voted down. It's the Wisconsin game all over again for KAT. Except this time it's Rupp's Rafters in the roll of Andrew Harrison refusing to get the ball to him.

: (

Sorry buddy.

Gonzo has everyone convinced they're a homer if they vote for a team with 2 uk guys. Even though that team is clearly set up to be more successful over 7 years.

Last edited:
Gonzo has everyone convinced they're a homer if the vote for a team with 2 uk guys. Even though that team is crealy set up to be more successful over 7 years.

Yeah, he's a good arguer. I'm way more laid back and diplomatic. Sorry I let the team down.

I never even mentioned that his team is run by a 42 year old man with a losing career playoff record. Probably should have brought that up.

I went with Gonzo.

Bradley, Leonard, Green, and Paul are defensive studs. That will remain consistent for the next several years. I just don't think the other squad has enough offense to overcome that. Blake Griffin has also become a bit injury prone. How does that affect him over the next 4, 5, 6 years.

I went with Gonzo.

Bradley, Leonard, Green, and Paul are defensive studs. That will remain consistent for the next several years. I just don't think the other squad has enough offense to overcome that. Blake Griffin has also become a bit injury prone. How does that affect him over the next 4, 5, 6 years.

I really don't think you'll see Chris Paul playing D at a high level for much longer. Maybe 2 years, tops.

Guys his age usually drop off significantly and quickly.

Then you're left with a defensive team run by Ricky Rubio. A classic third seed, give someone all they want in round two kind of team.

There will be no niceties or apologies until this thing ends. Argue, dammit. It's August. Do I need to start a Diallo to the NBA thread?

I mean, at least do it in honor of Lauri Markkanen. May he rest wherever we lay Jarred Vanderbilt's legs.

Your second best player is on his way out. Draymond Green is a product of the warriors system and a player on our team. In no way is he a top 25 player without steph and klay, Especially for the next 7 years.

The other team has absolutely no weaknesses and is only going to get better. You could possibly win next year, but I think that's your window. After that your banking on a pg who has yet to play a game and played on a team that was 5 games under .500 in a trash conference. Not to mention you have no interior d other than Draymond who plays mostly on the perimeter.

Brook lopez is also complete trash, and has only made a name for himself by putting up decent numbers on absolutely terrible teams.

I went Gonzo but I don't think he's even mentioned what I feel like is his best lineup.. possibly I missed it.

A damn good discussion. I need a co-owner next year to help me fight these battles.

I'd also like to ask Johnathan Hildred Wall for his forgiveness for saying he can't shoot and played poorly in Game 7 against Boston. I mean it's true, but I love him and hate that I went there.

A damn good discussion. I need a co-owner next year to help me fight these battles.

I'd also like to ask Johnathan Hildred Wall for his forgiveness for saying he can't shoot and played poorly in Game 7 against Boston. I mean it's true, but I love him and hate that I went there.

It's the same slanted, dishonest discussion we have every summer. Just pick a side and go.

It is fun, though. And I think some people get pretty worked up.

This was different for me. Drafting a few spots to fill in holes on a team I didn't draft, then defending said team to the death.

I feel like Jay Bilas, only no one wrote me a check.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Gonzo does have a good team. I like 420 groovers a little better, but I think you have the 2nd best team left.

It's the same slanted, dishonest discussion we have every summer. Just pick a side and go.

It is fun, though. And I think some people get pretty worked up.

This was different for me. Drafting a few spots to fill in holes on a team I didn't draft, then defending said team to the death.

I feel like Jay Bilas, only no one wrote me a check.

I'd love to do one with all-time college players too. Really get the juices going on this board. Just don't allow any UK players and go at it.

Getting folks worked up is the fun part. It's all totally meaningless, so if you can't at least spice up the discussion it can fall flat.

From an NBA standpoint it's a good way to take a new look at guys you don't give much thought too. It really makes you appreciate someone like Draymond Green that you might dislike personally or a dude like Clint Capela that most folks don't realize is a damn good player.

I feel like what the college players accomplished in the nba would really scew the voters. Would be really fun though.

I feel like what the college players accomplished in the nba would really scew the voters. Would be really fun though.

I agree. Would be really tough to not judge a guy like Jordan based on what he became. Just like it's hard not to be biased towards Cats in this bracket. It's why I try not to pick any, just so I can try and rely on facts.

Reactions: bbn93
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT