ADVERTISEMENT

The NIT is a real possibility

No not possible other than anything is always possible.

Too absurd to even explain why to you.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
I think we beat Tennessee at home and win one of the road games against Auburn and/or Missouri.

I’m going to say our record will be:
22-9 or 21-10

Probably a 9 seed in tournament.

Reactions: catdoug
I think we beat Tennessee at home and win one of the road games against Auburn and/or Missouri.

22-9 or 21-10

And then the committee throws us in Duke’s bracket for a beat down. Another black eye...

Yeah 12 losses without any good wins will put us in the NIT and cal on the hot seat. I'd give him next year to see how we do and if it isn't any better then the cal era should be over.
This is stupid and I'm not a Cal apologist at all...needs to make some staff changes ( get Antigua back) and stop recruiting so many guys that can't shoot the ball...recruit more to needs...shoiters, shooters and some guys with bb is. Joe B is at practice every day get him to teach some if the out of bounds plays he use to use. But, some tweeking is definitely in order. He is getting his ass kicked by K in recruiting .

Reactions: wildcatwelder

22-9 or 21-10

That’s reasonable assumption. Though I don’t think we win at Auburn.

Here’s my predictions.

Miss St....W
@WVU.....L
Vandy......W
@Mizzou.W
Tenn........W
@A&M.....L
@Auburn.L
Alabama.W
@Ark.......L
Mizzou....W
Ole Miss.W
@Florida.L

One win in Sec
Lose 2nd rd Sec

That puts us at 22-12...11-7 SEC going into Selection Sunday

Probably a 6-7 seed.

That’s reasonable assumption. Though I don’t think we win at Auburn.

Here’s my predictions.

Miss St....W
@WVU.....L
Vandy......W
@Mizzou.W
Tenn........W
@A&M.....L
@Auburn.L
Alabama.W
@Ark.......L
Mizzou....W
Ole Miss.W
@Florida.L

One win in Sec
Lose 2nd rd Sec

That puts us at 22-12...11-7 SEC going into Selection Sunday

Probably a 6-7 seed.
What’s scary is I see only two or three games where I’m really confident in a win.

I think that's the problem. The "talent" on this team is VASTLY overrated and overstated. In a couple of years this team would be really skilled and dangerous. Right now they just are not there skill-wise. No true PG, no elite shooter and/or scorer, no one who can consistently get a basket on the interior.
"In a couple of years this team would be really skilled and dangerous."
Couple years? You think these guys are going to see their Junior years here?

"In a couple of years this team would be really skilled and dangerous."
Couple years? You think these guys are going to see their Junior years here?
No, I think that's the problem. Our roster is like a Villanova roster BEFORE they mature in a couple of years and turn into a title contender. I don't think we'll have the luxury of seeing that happen here. Which is a major part of the frustration with this year's team.

Reactions: catzcan
My counter argument is that last night...wait for it.. was the the FIRST night with Vanderbilt/Quade both in rotation.., TWO KEY players for this team.

Yes, we’re struggling... but we will rebound (no pun intended) and (while I’m not sugar coating a final four or anything or even a high seed) make tournament

My counter argument is that last night...wait for it.. was the the FIRST night with Vanderbilt/Quade both in rotation.., TWO KEY players for this team.

Yes, we’re struggling... but we will rebound (no pun intended) and (while I’m not sugar coating a final four or anything or even a high seed) make tournament
I think so too. I’m just not as confident as some are.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
This is a not a gloom and doom thread. And this is not what I hope will happen. But it’s time to acknowledge that it is possible and to brace ourselves.

Current record: 14-5

Probable losses: @WVU, @MIZZOU, TENN, @A&M, @AUB, @UF

That would put us at 11 losses, and I really do think those teams will be favored.

Add another loss in the SEC tournament and we’re sitting at 12.

With very few quality wins and 12 losses, we could very well be out of the tournament. Lose all of these games, and lose @ARK, and it’s all but certain.

Really...............[roll]..............................[jumpingsmile].................[laughing]

Reactions: CatsRox
A lot of basketball to be played . I hope the cats get an automatic bid from winning the sec tournament . I can see this team as a dangerous 8 or 9 seed .

Reactions: brianpoe
I can see us being an 8 seed when the time comes. Not a big deal. The NCAA will think they're effing us dropping us prob 2 seeds, but if you can get through that first weekend, you become the new 1 seed. If we are good enough to make a run we can and if not, doesnt really matter anyway.

I figured getting Green and V back and the loss to SC this team would be ready to kick butt, hard to blame Cal but sometimes teams just do not have chemistry, hard to judge what going on would be nice if we had 2 or 3 seniors coming off the bench like we had last yr..

I think if they just focus on playing hard... team basketball and quit worrying about draft status..things will work out for the best.

This is a not a gloom and doom thread. And this is not what I hope will happen. But it’s time to acknowledge that it is possible and to brace ourselves.

That would put us at 11 losses, and I really do think those teams will be favored.

With very few quality wins and 12 losses, we could very well be out of the tournament. Lose all of these games, and lose @ARK, and it’s all but certain.
I agree with your overall premise but UT at Rupp Arena is not a probable loss. Possible yes, but not probable.

Reactions: CincyUKFan

The OP has created a brand new dumbest post of all time entry.

QUOTE="OSOK, post: 6538977, member: 12398"]Kentucky makes too much money for the NCAA to be left
out.[/QUOTE]
Tell that to the 2013 team

yea you mean like 2013 when we went to NIT NCAA didn't care then and they will not care this year. pay back for threatening a ref

The 2013 should have been left out of the tournament. They weren't good enough. First round loss in the NIT proves it.

If this team is left out it won't be due to any conspiracy. The NCAA is about making money. UK generates more than most. UK won't be left out if they're good enough for the same reason UNC was acquitted of all their transgressions: too much money to be made.

How do some of you hold down jobs with your coworkers constantly plotting against you? Sheesh.

I’m very excited about Herro and Johnson. They are legit. But even if our whole front court returns, we will have the same issues that we have now. I believe next year the offense will be easier to watch, but we will struggle again defensively.
You'll get ripped for saying Keldon Johnson is legit and told not to pump up our guys just because DOOK got Zion. I learned today that praising our recruits, being optimistic is considered "overplaying" how good they are and "nonsense" because Zion went to Duke. I also learned from people who have not watched him play before he even arrives on campus that he will not be nowhere near as good as some of our recent SGs.

Reactions: michaeluk26
I don't know if we are quite an NIT team yet, but we are definitely looking at a 10 seed right now.

Anyone wanting Cal gone gone is an idiot, plain and simple. He DOES need to change his recruiting strategy to include guys who can actually shoot the damn ball, IMHO. Recruiting basically nothing but "athletes" has put us in the position we're faced with now.

This year's team is just not very good, and I do not hold out much hope they will suddenly improve by leaps and bounds. We're a terrible offensive team, and that goes on Cal, again IMHO. I myself am tired of watching nothing but freshmen playing the vast majority of the game, so hopefully next year we will have some of these guys back to complement the incoming guys.

There's several valid reasons we're not very good: we rely almost exclusively on 18 year olds ; we do not have reliable shooters and scorer's ; other teams are often just as talented as we are, and they have upperclassmen who have experience ; we are a not a"smart" basketball team, and of course that goes back to playing all freshmen.

As for the OP's post, yes, I think the NIT is a possibility, but I'm hoping we can at least make the tournament as an 8-10 seed. (That's sickening to even type: UK an 8-10 seed...)

Reactions: Kuhldaddy

Your name must be Debbie Downer. It is next to impossible for us to miss the tournament.,

He's not incorrect. I mean as it stands right now we wouldn't be favored in the following

@WVU, @Missouri, Tenn, @ Texas AM, @ Auburn, @ Ark and @ Florida

KP has our projected record at 20-11 and 10-8 in conference.

That being said, this team will improve IMO and once this team has a couple of games under their belts with complete rosters (minus Baker) I think everyone will see this improvement.

We'll win some of those above games we aren't favored in.......and that would reduce the losses obviously but also give us some key big wins.

22-9 to end the season; 12-6 SEC.
Win SEC tourney
Final Four

Hate all you want. Don't care. I like this team, i like Cal. I like our chances. And yes, I'm optimistic. Not a pumper, just a believer in our coach. You think he didn't expect a rough stretch and some losses this season prior to late February? He surely did, and he said as much.

Save this post and make me eat crow later, I don't care. I'm not scared.

Reactions: CatsRox
22-9 to end the season; 12-6 SEC.
Win SEC tourney
Final Four

Hate all you want. Don't care. I like this team, i like Cal. I like our chances. And yes, I'm optimistic. Not a pumper, just a believer in our coach. You think he didn't expect a rough stretch and some losses this season prior to late February? He surely did, and he said as much.

Save this post and make me eat crow later, I don't care. I'm not scared.

22-9 (12-6) is certainly not unreasonable.

And come tournament time, I'm not sure how anyone could ever count Cal out.

I don't know if we make the final four but it wouldn't shock me either

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT