ADVERTISEMENT

The NIT is a real possibility

And then the committee throws us in Duke’s bracket for a beat down. Another black eye...
vygeGkE.png

Lol. Funny I said the same thing a few days ago and people jumped all over me with one poster wanting to bet me if they did he would never post again and if the make the tournament I couldn’t post. My thread was even deleted.

They could possibly turn it around but from all indications this team doesn’t mesh or have the pieces to do much more than they are doing. If they make the tournament it’s going to be by the skin of their teeth.

Well wild, you still want to whine about us not going to the tournament?

This is a not a gloom and doom thread. And this is not what I hope will happen. But it’s time to acknowledge that it is possible and to brace ourselves.

Current record: 14-5

Probable losses: @WVU, @MIZZOU, TENN, @A&M, @AUB, @UF

That would put us at 11 losses, and I really do think those teams will be favored.

Add another loss in the SEC tournament and we’re sitting at 12.

With very few quality wins and 12 losses, we could very well be out of the tournament. Lose all of these games, and lose @ARK, and it’s all but certain.

And, if “Little Rocket Man” nukes us first we won’t have to worry about no NIT...and if Chicken Little turns out to be right ...and if..,

Reactions: floatingyou
The "NIT is real" and is "Possibly" the gold standard for second tier schools.

This is a not a gloom and doom thread. And this is not what I hope will happen. But it’s time to acknowledge that it is possible and to brace ourselves.

That would put us at 11 losses, and I really do think those teams will be favored.

With very few quality wins and 12 losses, we could very well be out of the tournament. Lose all of these games, and lose @ARK, and it’s all but certain.

Yeah.

It's about as much of a possibility as Kristen Bell knocking on my door and telling me what I've always thought about her wanting me. Kentucky is at worse a 4-5 seed right now and that only will improve. But you and go ahead and buy you some NIT tickets genius.

lol it's not a problem this thread was created but like the OP envisioned the WORST possible case.

The odds of that happening was slim to none lol

After tonight: 15-6

Five more road games and we could potentially lose every one. Only 3 home games that we can be very confident of winning. It’s going to get interesting.
You sir, are an idiot. How do you even breathe without assisstance?

R U having second thoughts about your thread now?

Lol. Funny I said the same thing a few days ago and people jumped all over me with one poster wanting to bet me if they did he would never post again and if the make the tournament I couldn’t post. My thread was even deleted.

They could possibly turn it around but from all indications this team doesn’t mesh or have the pieces to do much more than they are doing. If they make the tournament it’s going to be by the skin of their teeth.
Ya think? Really? If i were you I would wait till after the game to show my ignorance next time

Pumpers think there's still no chance of this? Had we lost to Vandy, as Cal acknowledged we should have, the NIT would be a very strong possibility. As it stands:

Current Record: 16-6

Remaining Games with W/L predictions:

TENN (L)
@TAMU (L)
@AUB (L)
BAMA (W)
@ARK (L)
MIZZ (W)
MISS (W)
@FLA (L)

Predicted Record: 19-11

We lose another game in SEC tourney, and thus end up with 12 losses, a losing record in conference, and a ton of losses towards towards the end of the season (a point of emphasis for the selection committee).

So, post SECT: 20-12 or 21-12.

And it's not a given that we beat BAMA or MIZZ at home. Lose one of those, and everything comes to pass, we're going to the NIT. And, by the way pumpers, Pomeroy agrees with the above. Vegas will agree with he above.

The only good thing about a loss: watching the pumpers not have a clue what to do with all the unwarranted optimism. Maybe just curl up with mommy and she'll keep telling you it will be ok. Maybe you can watch Annie while you're at it. The sun will come up tomorrow.

Pumpers think there's still no chance of this? Had we lost to Vandy, as Cal acknowledged we should have, the NIT would be a very strong possibility. As it stands:

Current Record: 16-6

Remaining Games with W/L predictions:

TENN (L)
@TAMU (L)
@AUB (L)
BAMA (W)
@ARK (L)
MIZZ (W)
MISS (W)
@FLA (L)

Predicted Record: 19-11

We lose another game in SEC tourney, and thus end up with 12 losses, a losing record in conference, and a ton of losses towards towards the end of the season (a point of emphasis for the selection committee).

So, post SECT: 20-12 or 21-12.

And it's not a given that we beat BAMA or MIZZ at home. Lose one of those, and everything comes to pass, we're going to the NIT. And, by the way pumpers, Pomeroy agrees with the above. Vegas will agree with he above.

Pomeroy doesn't agree with this.

We are 17-6......6-4 in conference. He predicts 10-8 in conference. So 21-10 overall. Which would get us in.

He's predicting we are underdogs in 5 of the 8 last games.......but still thinks we'll go 4-4 because some of those games we are a mere 1 pt underdog in (2 games). 2 other games we are just a 4 pt dog in.

NIT is possible but it's the worst possible senario.

I don’t think they lose @Mizzou or at home to Tennessee. I think they maybe can sneak by with one win either @ Auburn, @A&M or @ Auburn. 23-8 regular season. Win a couple in SEC tourney. 25-9 heading into tourney with a 5 or 6 seed. That is my prediction
Well. We have indeed lost @Mizzou and at home to Tennessee. Think we're still a 5 or 6 seed?

6 seed, haha

after saturday’s Loss will it be a 3 seed? Pretty sure this group is headed the other way

Current Record: 17-7

Remaining games, with predictions:

@TAMU (LOSS)
@AUB (LOSS)
BAMA (WIN)
@ARK (LOSS)
MIZZ (WIN - will Michael Porter play? they already beat us at their place - could lose)
MISS (WIN)
@FLA (LOSS)

The above is most likely to happen, but we could potentially lose to BAMA and MIZZ at home. If we do take care of those games, our projected record is:

20-11.

We will have lost 6 of our final 10 regular season games. Then, we will lose another in the SECT. If we lose in the early rounds, finishing 20-12 or 21-12, I'd say it is likely we wind up in the NIT. The same goes for a loss at home to BAMA or MIZZ.

Reactions: kartmd
Tell me the name of your physician.

I need that medication.
Don’t need medicine to see how weak college basketball is this year. Look at all the
6 seed, haha

after saturday’s Loss will it be a 3 seed? Pretty sure this group is headed the other way
Not sure you or @CincyUKFan know how seeding works. UK was projected a 5 seed after the Mizzou loss. This loss won’t drop them more than 1 seed line. They are 6 as of today. Not saying that is where they will be at end of season, but College Basketball is down this year and I’m just stating facts

Reactions: billCgmx
Relax --UK is an NCAA lock --5-6 seed. Hopefully they dont get stuck in duke or Villanova's brackets

Don’t need medicine to see how weak college basketball is this year. Look at all the

Not sure you or @CincyUKFan know how seeding works. UK was projected a 5 seed after the Mizzou loss. This loss won’t drop them more than 1 seed line. They are 6 as of today. Not saying that is where they will be at end of season, but College Basketball is down this year and I’m just stating facts
I understand how a lot of things work, including elementary tourney seeding. Thanks

You’re assuming this team wins out from here .... pencil in more losses including bad ones going forward because this group doesn’t care to figure anything out. Lose 2 or 3 of the next four and then what? It won’t be a freaking 5 or 6 seed. Ridiculous. Just blind

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Being in the NIT is embarrassing but we will likely not win more than one game in the NCAA tournament. Either way this team is not suddenly going to turn around the season. Just prepare for the worst and then if they over achieve it makes it seem better than expected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT