ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Draft Cowtown Cat Champion!

Just for continuity sake since we're on a new page, I took Marcus Smart because he's the best perimeter defender in the league, posted some stats and quotes to support that, and pointed out that he's a good shooter even if casual fans don't know it.

Just for continuity sake since we're on a new page, I took Marcus Smart because he's the best perimeter defender in the league, posted some stats and quotes to support that, and pointed out that he's a good shooter even if casual fans don't know it.
I thought it was a Smart pick :cool:

Reactions: GonzoCat90
He’s not a good shooter. He’s a career 37% shooter and 31% from 3, so he’s been about as bad as you can be on an NBA level. He has improved his 3 point percentage over the last two years, but still far from a “good shooter” on an NBA level. Defensively, he’s very good and worthy of selection at this point in the draft, but I can’t give you the good shooter title.

Reactions: quest4#9
He’s not a good shooter. He’s a career 37% shooter and 31% from 3, so he’s been about as bad as you can be on an NBA level. He has improved his 3 point percentage over the last two years, but still far from a “good shooter” on an NBA level. Defensively, he’s very good and worthy of selection at this point in the draft, but I can’t give you the good shooter title.
I love how @GonzoCat90 starts his lobbying during the draft process. Every pick gets a fresh coat of paint. He should be a PR guy.

He made more 3s than Devin Booker on 35% shooting. He's not elite, in that 40% range, but 35+ is a good shooter and he's topped that mark each of the last two years.

And that's my point. People think he's an awful, non-shooter like Ben Simmons or something and the numbers just don't back it up.

Let me see if I have that @GonzoCat90 thing figured out.

My next pick is a real sleeper I’ve been sitting on for several rounds now. He is a lockdown defender, in fact, he’s such a fantastic defender he doesn’t even need to be on the floor to shut his man down. Over the last 8 games of last year he increased his offensive efficiency by .01% and his PER by nearly .1 and he actually got a rebound which clearly shows he’s ready for a breakout season. An all star appearance is likely in the next couple of years. I pick the man and future legend, Patrick Beverly.

My next pick is a real sleeper I’ve been sitting on for several rounds now. He is a lockdown defender, in fact, he’s such a fantastic defender he doesn’t even need to be on the floor to shut his man down. Over the last 8 games of last year he increased his offensive efficiency by .01% and his PER by nearly .1 and he actually got a rebound which clearly shows he’s ready for a breakout season. An all star appearance is likely in the next couple of years. I pick the man and future legend, Patrick Beverly.
Hahaha

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA

Lmao

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
It’s hard to look through over 100 players picked. I’ll probably do the same on one of my last two lol
The list in the OP is usually pretty up to date so I just go there and search, then look thru the past few picks that haven't been added to it yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT