ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 - DraftCat vs. Cowtown Cat

Who wins the most championships over a 5 year period

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the 2022 Rupp Rafters NBA Playoffs - the objective is to draft a team of 10 players that give you the best chance at multiple championships over a 5 year period.

Voters please select the team you believe accomplished this object... This round will be 48 hours. You will be able to change your pick if swayed by the two players. This is the bracket

@DraftCat - Devin Booker, Brandon Ingram, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Ben Simmons, Evan Mobley, OG Anunoby, Kevin Porter Jr, Jonathan Kuminga, Chet Holmgren, Alex Caruso

vs.

@Cowtown Cat - Steph Curry, Khris Middleton - Domantas Sabonis, Malcolm Brogdon, John Collins, Terry Rozier, Spencer Dinwiddie, Kelly Oubre, Montrezl Harrell, Robert Covington

Very interesting matchup... eyeballing and yes a little bias however I do think I have the edge.

You can argue my team is already better... and will only continue to get better. I believe Cowtown team is already maxed out potential wise. When it comes down to it... I think I do win the majority of championships in a 5 year period.

Very interesting matchup... eyeballing and yes a little bias however I do think I have the edge.

You can argue my team is already better... and will only continue to get better. I believe Cowtown team is already maxed out potential wise. When it comes down to it... I think I do win the majority of championships in a 5 year period.
My team is maxed out potential wise with all the young players on my roster? I don’t think you truly believe that. 😆

In really going to have to think on this one. Maybe the arguments will help. I have significant issues with both teams. Steph is old already, Simmons has the heart of a daisy and is likely a locker room cancer and I'm just not on the Chet train. Hmmm, you guys are gonna have to help me out.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I may need some help too. if you know what i mean…

images

My team is maxed out potential wise with all the young players on my roster? I don’t think you truly believe that. 😆

I don't think any of your young players have Superstar potential. They can get better but it's marginal.

My entire team outside a few has the potential to be Superstars or at the very least make several all-star teams. If I save this draft as a bookmark and bring it back up in 2 years.. I believe we will all be looking back on this draft in wtf was the voters thinking :)

@Cowtown Cat team really only has 2 players that can take a game over it we being real. Steph and to some extent Middleton if he gets hot. Sabonis is a great player but he's yet to really lead a team to any kind of success.

Last does his team have any defense at all? Defense still matters and my team has some dogs.. take a look at the current Boston Celtics.

Brandon Ingram a budding superstar and yes Ben Simmons have world class defense and length to shut down multiple players. Booker is Klay Thompson on steroids' and IS a Superstar.

Perhaps people look at my bench and say well there is some solid pieces but what have they done? Caruso a starting PG on the Lakers championship... OG another champion with the Raptors. Kuminga on any other team but GSW he's in the running for ROY. Kevin Porter JR is a microwave and Chet will be a top 2 pick with comparisons to KD

Last edited:
In really going to have to think on this one. Maybe the arguments will help. I have significant issues with both teams. Steph is old already, Simmons has the heart of a daisy and is likely a locker room cancer and I'm just not on the Chet train. Hmmm, you guys are gonna have to help me out.
Steph is a little up there in years. However, he doesn’t need to rely on athletic ability to be a high caliber player. Dude will always be able to handle and shoot the ball as well as get his shot off with his quick release.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Steph is a little up there in years. However, he doesn’t need to rely on athletic ability to be a high caliber player. Dude will always be able to handle and shoot the ball as well as get his shot off with his quick release.
True but it's also true that older athletes lose their legs first and his legs are vital for his 3pt shooting in particular.

Reactions: DraftCat

Perhaps but you are seeing a major regression - https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01.html

This year his 3 point % is the lowest in his 12 year career by far at .380

In the playoffs so far he's at .357

Clearly a decline and will it get any better over 5 years? Me not think so. Without Prime Curry your team suffers quite a bit

Reactions: Fox2monk
A tad off the subject but what's her name on Only Fans?🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Booker and Simmons too fragile. Talented, yes. No Dog in em

Booker fragile enough to make the Finals as a 24 yr old? Weird take. Almost every Superstar is a bit whiny.

Simmons may be perceived as weak as a #1 or #2 player on a championship team. He will be a #4 on mine his primary objective is to be a Super Draymond Green. Lock down defense, rebounds and assists he won't be asked to score like he was in Philly.

Booker fragile enough to make the Finals as a 24 yr old? Weird take. Almost every Superstar is a bit whiny.

Simmons may be perceived as weak as a #1 or #2 player on a championship team. He will be a #4 on mine his primary objective is to be a Super Draymond Green. Lock down defense, rebounds and assists he won't be asked to score like he was in Philly.
1. Is it a weird take? Or are superstars whiny?
2. Simmons wasn't asked to score in Philly. He was asked to shoot.
3. Neither one of ya gonna win this competition.

Sky is the limit for my team…. My opposition you get what you get and nothing more. I personally do not believe that team is beating my young bucks 3 years out of 5

I’m just hesitant on Booker being the #1 guy and leader on a championship team. Don’t know if he has that in him

Reactions: dvillecatfan
I’m just hesitant on Booker being the #1 guy and leader on a championship team. Don’t know if he has that in him

Why? He went to the Finals last year as the #1 guy? If he didn't have the corpse of Chris Paul he may of had a ring.

If it's maturity in question.. I'd ask the members of the board how mature you were at 23 years old. In a 5 year draft I'd like to think by the time Booker hits 26 he's a leader and putting up some crazy #'s

Remember this is a guy who put up 70 points in 1 game.

He’s just trying to hate on both teams so he can build his argument for his “first pick/best available player” team if he faces one of you in a later round. These are both really good, creative rosters

Perhaps a point that hasn't been brought up... Steph Curry actually plays more off ball if you believe it than running the point. Who's setting him up? I'm not sure his team plays to Steph strengths effectively.

This is now a young mans game... we saw the changing of the guard this year. Not a player over 30 was voted in the top 7 for the MVP rankings. I have a guy Booker who was voted #4 best player in the league.... Ingram, Simmons and Shai is the future. Evan Mobley was just named 1st team all rookie and is a solid defender and efficient scorer.

Would love to see more debate in this matchup other than Booker is not mature enough to be a #1 which is a blatant lie

I think my opposition’s front court is pretty thin. Outside of Mobley, he doesn’t really have another big that’s done anything on the pro level. Chet is a toothpick, that hasn’t played one minute in the NBA. Not sure how he’s going to matchup with my big men to be honest.

I think my opposition’s front court is pretty thin. Outside of Mobley, he doesn’t really have another big that’s done anything on the pro level. Chet is a toothpick, that hasn’t played one minute in the NBA. Not sure how he’s going to matchup with my big men to be honest.

Chet has more promise than Collins or Harrell (Louisville) - the game is going away from your traditional big. Harrell could not secure any minutes on my Lakers club as his defense was a liability. He's SMALL. Collins is okay I do like him as a player but even he has been relegated to the bench in favor of Capela.

If Chet is the player you are picking at on my team you are in trouble... but his talent is there for years 3 through 5. He's 7'0 with a 3 point game as a CENTER... he's going to run some of these dudes off the floor.

Chet has more promise than Collins or Harrell (Louisville) - the game is going away from your traditional big. Harrell could not secure any minutes on my Lakers club as his defense was a liability. He's SMALL. Collins is okay I do like him as a player but even he has been relegated to the bench in favor of Capela.

If Chet is the player you are picking at on my team you are in trouble... but his talent is there for years 3 through 5. He's 7'0 with a 3 point game as a CENTER... he's going to run some of these dudes off the floor.
Chet is a turd. 🤣 I’m just not that big on him as a prospect. I think he’s gonna be punked in the league. He needs to add a lot of strength.

Chet is a turd. 🤣 I’m just not that big on him as a prospect. I think he’s gonna be punked in the league. He needs to add a lot of strength.

AD and KD come to mind... both skinny dudes that made an impact. Hell Collins isn't that much better.. go check his weight lol

• Haha
AD and KD come to mind... both skinny dudes that made an impact. Hell Collins isn't that much better.. go check his weight lol
Chet is no AD or KD. I think he’s a very skilled player. I just don’t believe he’s other worldly like some do. Just never been that high on him. He has also not played a single minute in the NBA yet.

Chet is no AD or KD. I think he’s a very skilled player. I just don’t believe he’s other worldly like some do. Just never been that high on him. He has also not played a single minute in the NBA yet.

That's fair... high upside pick at the end of the draft. At the very worst he's an average... which due to Mobley being selected he wouldn't have to start. That's worst case scenario.

It’s true and you know it. At least I ain’t some jerk that beats the snot out of the team I’m going up against. I’d never beat you like how you beat me in our matchup. Hope you sleep good tonight!
I'll sleep well, smiling about my hope crushing victory. Enjoy the rest of your failed weekend.

• Sad
Reactions: drcats2013
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT