Green on transfer rumors: “Never even crossed my mind

HICATFAN

All-SEC
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Kailua, Hawaii
Quade Green on transfer rumors: “Never even crossed my mind.”

By LARRY VAUGHT

Sophomore guard Quade Green said despite all the rumors, he never considered transferring after his first season at Kentucky.

What about the one that had him enrolling at LaSalle?

“I just laughed about it,” said Green Thursday before UK players left Lexington for a one-day satellite camp in Danville. “That was all rumors. Never even crossed my mind. That was all the media, not me. I wasn’t paying any attention to it. Me and Cal already spoke.”

Kentucky’s four sophomores — Green, P.J. Washington, Jemarl Baker and Nick Richards — were all available to the media for a brief time Thursday at the Joe Craft Center.

Green, a five-star recruit and McDonald’s All-American, never lacked for confidence and says the experience he got last year even when he lost his starting job to Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has him even more confident.

“I’m super more confident now. This is my second year; I know what’s going on. I already have my feet wet, my feet is in the water already,” Green laughed and said. “I know what to expect and can’t wait.”

But just how confident is he? Consider this answer when he was talking about where he might fit into a backcourt with plenty of players and one more — Ashton Hagans — likely on the way.

“Wherever they need me to, I’m there. If they need me to play the five spot, I’m going to play the five spot. If that’s where they need me, that’s what they need and what they will get,” Green said.

Sounds like a great attitude to me...looking forward to him “bringing it!”

AlohaCat

It had to of crossed his mind. As much as I love the kid and want to see him do well, we have seen this scenario play out before he just made the right decision to stay. I’m glad he’s here as I think he will be huge for us this year

I just hope we don’t have to see him in a role that he wasn’t meant to be in a la Briscoe for the short time that he will be here

4 straight I must have one of those blowhards blocked.
He gave the pc answer. Would you expect him to say yeah I had my classes picked out for another school and changed my mind? You’re an 18 mcds all American starting of and you lost your spot as a starter and you see what’s coming in next yr. you can’t convince me he didn’t atleast entertain the idea for a minute

Reactions: Col. Angus
Quade Green on transfer rumors: “Never even crossed my mind.”

By LARRY VAUGHT

Sophomore guard Quade Green said despite all the rumors, he never considered transferring after his first season at Kentucky.

What about the one that had him enrolling at LaSalle?

“I just laughed about it,” said Green Thursday before UK players left Lexington for a one-day satellite camp in Danville. “That was all rumors. Never even crossed my mind. That was all the media, not me. I wasn’t paying any attention to it. Me and Cal already spoke.”

Kentucky’s four sophomores — Green, P.J. Washington, Jemarl Baker and Nick Richards — were all available to the media for a brief time Thursday at the Joe Craft Center.

Green, a five-star recruit and McDonald’s All-American, never lacked for confidence and says the experience he got last year even when he lost his starting job to Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has him even more confident.

“I’m super more confident now. This is my second year; I know what’s going on. I already have my feet wet, my feet is in the water already,” Green laughed and said. “I know what to expect and can’t wait.”

But just how confident is he? Consider this answer when he was talking about where he might fit into a backcourt with plenty of players and one more — Ashton Hagans — likely on the way.

“Wherever they need me to, I’m there. If they need me to play the five spot, I’m going to play the five spot. If that’s where they need me, that’s what they need and what they will get,” Green said.

Sounds like a great attitude to me...looking forward to him “bringing it!”

AlohaCat

He’s lying, I heard it on here so it had to be true. ;)

He's lying. Not a big deal, but he's lying.

I agree. Didn't his high school coach come out and say that him and his family were frustrated at how he was being utilized? I think he's lying but nonetheless I'm thrilled to have him back for at least one more year.

He gave the pc answer. Would you expect him to say yeah I had my classes picked out for another school and changed my mind? You’re an 18 mcds all American starting of and you lost your spot as a starter and you see what’s coming in next yr. you can’t convince me he didn’t atleast entertain the idea for a minute
Who gives a crap if you are convinced or not. He may have been pissed but not the same as wanting to transfer.

I agree. Didn't his high school coach come out and say that him and his family were frustrated at how he was being utilized? I think he's lying but nonetheless I'm thrilled to have him back for at least one more year.

Didn’t read that, must have missed it.

I am sure it crossed his mind but like I said when it was happening - it made zero freaking sense. Never was concerned about losing Green. But on the flip side I was never concerned about losing JV either and I thought PJ was for sure gone so win some and you lose some but UK ended up keeping the 2 players they needed (Green and PJ) to be a top 3 team next season.

I contend he gave the straightforward answer. He and Cal talked and... he stayed... That talk was before the rumors he states so I believe him.

Didn’t read that, must have missed it.
Again being frustrated and talking about it versus thinking you want to transfer is 2 different things. How many high school coaches told us players were coming here but didn’t?

Reactions: Poetax
Irrelevant whether he did or didnt. He returned.

And some of his classmates should've followed his lead. But yeah, lets call him a liar.

I don’t really give a shit if he’s lying or not. I also don’t care if people on here think he’s lying. It’s a non issue, and I wouldn’t expect him to say “yeah, I almost transferred.” He and his family considered their options. I mean why do people gotta make the biggest deal about the dumbest shit.

Check my reading comprehension please. No where it that article did I see Green quoted. His coach stated his thoughts but that seemed light on Green quotes...

His coach and people close to Quade. Or were people close to Quade lying? Yeah, I’m sure they were making it up just to make UK fans heads explode. Honestly I don’t give a shit what you think. Believe whatever you want.

Whether he was considering transferring or not the worst thing to do would be admit it if you were coming back for another year. Would not be much fun to have some vindictive fans heckling you online because they think you were thinking of leaving them.

Your point? Article doesn’t even quote Green himself. His high school coach was unhappy with how he was utilized. Nothing concrete at all about Green even thinking about transferring.

Please refer to my other posts in this thread. Thanks

Come on gang....let's just get along...(seems like a family discussion I've had...LOL).....I KNOW that we all - each and everyone of us want Quade to be the 5-star player we know he is...and we want his 1-year experience to be helpful to the young guys coming in...add PJ's experience and the new player's abilities....and I'm stoked for this year !!!

AlohaCat

Reactions: ORCAT
Article actually sounded like people around him were more butthurt then Green. Adults, you have to have them to keep the drama alive, lol.

Reactions: bkr5 and BBUK
Where in all they said Green was considering transferring?

As a side note, one source close to Quade Green told KSR those at home believe he wasn’t used properly in his first season at Kentucky.

“I thought he did well especially since he had to do a lot of adapting considering his role changed a few different times,” the source said. “He definitely has more to offer than he was asked to give is all I can say.“

So his family believed he wasn’t used right, but a transfer was never considered? Anything is possible, but I seriously doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT