ADVERTISEMENT

Just never forget this

TNCatfanforever

All-American
Apr 3, 2003
Mount Juliet Tn
Calipari offered the message during Monday’s SEC Basketball coaches’ teleconference. “I made the statement, and I’ll make it again, that it (NBA Draft) was the biggest day in Kentucky basketball history,” Calipari said, “and I wasn’t talking to the past. I was talking to the future.” There’s nothing taken out of context there. No rest of the quote. Nothing omitted. Calipari certainly had reason to be proud UK made history by becoming the first team in NCAA history to produce five first-round NBA draft picks in a single year. But to say it was the biggest day in history for a traditional powerhouse with seven national championships? Calipari’s attempt to somehow justify that comment on the SEC teleconference failed. “It was a two-hour infomercial for our league, for the University of Kentucky, and it will speak volumes for the next five years, maybe longer — that’s what I meant by it,” Calipari said, still defending his ridiculous statement."
No, after five years of the Calipari era, was his statement that ridiculous? Not at all. Man is turning into a regular Nostradamus. (2015)

Reactions: deep3 and EliteBlue
Producing pros doesn't mean Jack to me, that's all his ego talking. If you have 25 players go pro or win one championship, The championships are the most important to 90% of Kentucky fans. I remember when he was hired, a lot of smart people said Well, he's either one step ahead or hadn't got caught yet, some people thought he was slimy before he got the job here. Memphis doesn't exactly hire squeaky clean coaches which still holds true today. He seen right away after getting this job he could say or do what he wanted, and it would be alright. His results are lacking for the job he was hired for, he got off track a long time ago with his generational poverty talk and NBA jargon, he has abused his position at Kentucky by letting his own aspirations overrule his job responsibilities.

Reactions: deep3 and CBBCrazy
If UK does not get rid of the Jerk AND fight paying him the ridiculous buyout BUT take him to court and fight his arse.. (Hint Hint Cal cannot fight UK... He is a wuss.) He CAN be fired WITH CAUSE and IT can be easily proven...

take him to court and if required field a jury. Fire him with cause or forever just do what whoever you hire wants you to do.... UNC fought back and UK can too....

Rant over... Nuff said, either put up or shut up UK...

Last edited:
Well, when Cal is finally gone, I would very much like to forget this and the rest of his blathering BS.
Sorry, Dude, but ... I think it will be hard for us to "forget" the Calipari era. He's such an egomaniac that he certainly will not "go peacefully", as Tubby did. IMHO, Calipari will never stop belittling BBN. Alas.

• Love
Reactions: deep3 and catzcan
Calipari is a con artist, he has made a living by riding the coattails of young players that were going to be NBA players anyway. I can’t think of anyone that went pro “because” of Calipari.

His comment would have made sense if only it had led to the best of the best to continue coming to UK and leading to more championships. Maybe he thought it would but either way with the KY basketball history it was still an idiotic comment and after the last 5 years the comment is even more ridiculous. Still not sure it was worse than “our goal is not to win championships or play for the name on the front of the jersey but the back”. I mean he should have been fired after that comment was made.

Reactions: cat tat2
Cal had Fox, Monk, Bam, Wenyen, Diallo, Willis, Hawkins, Briscor and couldn’t get to a final four. What makes anyone think he could do it with the group coming in next year. Cal quit building teams based on needs and just took whoever he could get that was rated high. Too many holes in his roster every single year. Plus he literally just rolls the ball out. That’s one rumor that have been proven.

Producing pros doesn't mean Jack to me, that's all his ego talking. If you have 25 players go pro or win one championship, The championships are the most important to 90% of Kentucky fans. I remember when he was hired, a lot of smart people said Well, he's either one step ahead or hadn't got caught yet, some people thought he was slimy before he got the job here. Memphis doesn't exactly hire squeaky clean coaches which still holds true today. He seen right away after getting this job he could say or do what he wanted, and it would be alright. His results are lacking for the job he was hired for, he got off track a long time ago with his generational poverty talk and NBA jargon, he has abused his position at Kentucky by letting his own aspirations overrule his job responsibilities.
You hit the nail on the head katwest, I don't know a single person in my circle that gives a chit about the NBA, and never watch it period. Generational poverty to me means one thing, get off you rear and work your way out of it. He is a piece of chit and I can't wait for him to be gone.

Reactions: BBUK and ManitouDan
Sorry, Dude, but ... I think it will be hard for us to "forget" the Calipari era. He's such an egomaniac that he certainly will not "go peacefully", as Tubby did. IMHO, Calipari will never stop belittling BBN. Alas.
You are exactly right. He cannot stand the fan base or truth be told the state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT