ADVERTISEMENT

I can handle losing, even though that should not happen much here, but what hurts me even worse than that is...

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
Our Basketball Coach here at The University of Kentucky has completely lost respect nationwide. Let me repeat that. OUR BASKETBALL COACH HERE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY HAS COMPLETLY LOST RESPECT NATIONWIDE. We are being made fun of by all of the national pundits. The Oakland Coach and players had complete confidence going into the game with us. Their Coach said they got the best possible matchup possible. I can handle a lot of things but when you are not even respected at Kentucky, that is a day I never in my wildest dreams thought I would see.
I am just very sad over the state of our program today. Very sad.

Cal has been getting roasted by the media.

Why is it that the athletic department had no issue firing the women’s head coach and Cal is so protected? Mitch and Cal have destroyed a historic basketball program and that is unforgivable.

Cal was gone the day the portal was allowed. If Cal got all 5 of the top 5 ranked freshmen he still wouldn’t win the title. Not without at least 2-3 upperclassmen from the portal that are really good. We had one this year because Tre isn’t even pedestrian. With the portal in effect and evening things out, theirs just no way for Cal to get enough talent to overcome his inability to coach.

Why is it that the athletic department had no issue firing the women’s head coach and Cal is so protected? Mitch and Cal have destroyed a historic basketball program and that is unforgivable.
$$$$$$$$$$

Those great wins stopped happening almost a decade ago.

Glad to see you're finally waking up even though the alarm clock went off a half-decade ago.

I was late to the party and am not ashamed of it. I had faith in this team and cannot believe what in the hell has happened to John Calipari.

In retrospect I think the Evansville game is where I should have woken up. Sure, there were some things vs Auburn in EE or the failure to capitalize on an open bracket in '18, but that was easier to stomach/write off.

Those great wins stopped happening almost a decade ago.

Glad to see you're finally waking up even though the alarm clock went off a half-decade ago.
I don't know about you but I thoroughly enjoyed the wins at UT this year and last. Enjoyed the win at Auburn this season, UNC and the blowout against Bama. You don't consider those great wins? Like I said, bad losses to the likes of St Peters, UNCW and Oakland canceled out those wins.

I don't know about you but I thoroughly enjoyed the wins at UT this year and last. Enjoyed the win at Auburn this season as well as the blowout against Bama. You don't consider those great wins? Like I said, bad losses to the likes of St Peters, UNCW and Oakland canceled out those wins.
Can you name any great regular season wins from 1994, or 2001, or 2002 without googling or spending ten minutes trying to remember?

No?

Why is that?

Maybe because the truly "great wins" are the ones that are remembered because they were postseason wins.

This is Kentucky, in case you've forgotten.

Can you name any great regular season wins from 1994, or 2001, or 2002 without googling or spending ten minutes trying to remember?

No?

Why is that?

Maybe because the truly "great wins" are the ones that are remembered because they were postseason wins.

This is Kentucky, in case you've forgotten.
There's no reason to continue this conversation because the bottom line is, Cals stay is overdue. Now, if you want to discuss his replacement, I'll play.

Our Basketball Coach here at The University of Kentucky has completely lost respect nationwide. Let me repeat that. OUR BASKETBALL COACH HERE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY HAS COMPLETLY LOST RESPECT NATIONWIDE. We are being made fun of by all of the national pundits. The Oakland Coach and players had complete confidence going into the game with us. Their Coach said they got the best possible matchup possible. I can handle a lot of things but when you are not even respected at Kentucky, that is a day I never in my wildest dreams thought I would see.
I don't give 2 flips who respect him, I hate losing. So what's worse? Losing to Oakland and St Peters in 3 years

I think Cal called Mitch and the university's bluff on this whole buyout thinking. Why else would the university agree to such an outlandish buyout of Cal's contract?????

Were they intimidated to believe that Cal was going to leave the UK basketball program (gold-standard) during a lessened period of success, compared to his early years and take his doggies and Little House on the Prairie DVD's to California???
If as a university you agree to an employee contract buyout in 2019 for a 10-year contract, you better be ready to buy it out at any point during that span of time!!!!
What would have happened if UK would have had a few more of the 2020-21 seasons back-to-back????? BUYOUT ASAP!!!!!!!
When the unacceptable becomes the acceptable norm then change needs to happen, ASAP!!!!!

TWO WINS/ SEVEN LOSSES over the LAST 4-years in the SEC and NCAA Tourneys is NOT ACCEPTABLE, nor should it be the new normal at KENTUCKY!!!!!!

I think Cal called Mitch and the university's bluff on this whole buyout thinking. Why else would the university agree to such an outlandish buyout of Cal's contract?????

Were they intimidated to believe that Cal was going to leave the UK basketball program (gold-standard) during a lessened period of success, compared to his early years and take his doggies and Little House on the Prairie DVD's to California???
If as a university you agree to an employee contract buyout in 2019 for a 10-year contract, you better be ready to buy it out at any point during that span of time!!!!
What would have happened if UK would have had a few more of the 2020-21 seasons back-to-back????? BUYOUT ASAP!!!!!!!
When the unacceptable becomes the acceptable norm then change needs to happen, ASAP!!!!!

TWO WINS/ SEVEN LOSSES over the LAST 4-years in the SEC and NCAA Tourneys is NOT ACCEPTABLE, nor should it be the new normal at KENTUCKY!!!!!!
He is not a smart coach but a smart move by Cal to take full advantage of the dunce we have as an athletic director to take Kentucky for all they got. Mitch must have been the only one who thought Cal would have sincerely taken the UCLA job at the time. I for sure did not buy it then but the gullible AD Barnfart fell for it hook, line and sinker.

I'll repeat. Just very sad over where we are at.
The fracturing and harm to the the family , the true family .. BBN , is my biggest sadness along with the obvious .. losing . And his condescending attitude towards BBN . It's not acceptable . It's barely tolerable when you are winning big . Anyway I'm out as far as investing and caring in the basketball program as long as he is there . Haven't attended a game in 4 years . wont go to another , wont buy UK gear . Have enough for football already . College basketball sucks anyway , esp in the crooked SEC where we get reamed every 3rd game

Calipari’s reputation and proficiency is now being called into question by the national media and I think this will be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel’s back. I am not an insider but, the donors cannot be happy with his product on the court. Add to that that the fans are no longer supporting the tenure of this coach and his ability to head the men’s bb program - from the outside looking in, this guy should not survive this and stay on at UK.

Hopefully, the administration will do the right thing and work out a peaceable separation. Hopefully, Mitch will also find the highest quality coach out there to replace Calipari. Time to move forward, Mitch - just do it.

• Angry
Reactions: kybloo92
To me it's the feeling, or reality, that the program has been usurped, taken completely over, by some individual. Cal has actually managed to make it all about him. And allowed to do it.

They both need to GTHO and give this university a fresh start.

What's interesting is that those national pundits have now seen enough consistent underperformance due to mismanagement and malfeasance from Cal that they now feel confident to speak publicly about it. Those of us that closely follow the team and program, year after year, have been saying the same things the national pundits are only now beginning to mention. It's not surprising to me at all ... I just wish it could have started sooner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT