ADVERTISEMENT

Bagley possible reclassification

@Aike ....agree, hell I would too if I were him. Its not like he needs to get better. The part that got me thinking was this:
It’s not about the name. It’s not about all the news and the hype. It’s about where I can go and get better. Wherever that place may be out of my list is where I’ll go
and then he followed that up with “I love Arizona. I grew up there my whole life,” Bagley stated. “I was born there. I know that area pretty well. I’ve seen Tucson. It’s a comfortable place that feels like home. I just love the area and it’s a great place.”

Reactions: Aike
I'll throw you a bone here...I have very rarely posted claiming any inside information, but I heard Wiggins to UK early on and posted it here.

I didn't say it at the time, but my source got it from a host family at the school.

And it turned out to be wrong, even though it was credible.

Taught me a lesson that I probably already knew - any of this stuff can change, no matter what you think you know. Even if you got it straight from a recruit, they can lie to you, or they can change their mind.

Very true statement man. You heard the same thing I did, but I heard it from a player on the team, you heard it from the family. Both solid. I really think Hunnington Prep and Addidas were playing UK during that 3 year period over multiple recruits.

But like you said, if you share things here, you could share 10 things that are true, but when 1 isnt you get the 1% morons that Cal is always talking about.

Id like to talk to you off of here, to see if what his family told you and what Kyle told me are the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aike
@Aike ....agree, hell I would too if I were him. Its not like he needs to get better. The part that got me thinking was this:
It’s not about the name. It’s not about all the news and the hype. It’s about where I can go and get better. Wherever that place may be out of my list is where I’ll go
and then he followed that up with “I love Arizona. I grew up there my whole life,” Bagley stated. “I was born there. I know that area pretty well. I’ve seen Tucson. It’s a comfortable place that feels like home. I just love the area and it’s a great place.”

I have no way of knowing if he would prefer Arizona over us, but I can't say it would surprise me.

Would be kind of crazy if he did reclass and still went to Zona with Ayton there. That would either be your National Champ, or the greatest choke job in history.

I'm just having a hard time seeing this kid in college in 2018-2019. Unless he can't make it work academically. But I've been surprised before.

LOL.That's the same article.No,I'm just worried about getting better.I'm not worried about reclassing.Whatever happens in the future happens.That's your hardcore denial?I'm not saying he will but you don't know crap and seem offended if people disagree with you.

not offended, its the opposite, I disagreed, had a different view.
But seriously man, tell me what does the 1st sentence in that article say.
Man, its a message board. And easily the most popular message board on Rivals. You cant come here and get easily offended or you wont last long. Im just arguing my point and my opinion. Thats all. I said over and over I dont know what the kid is doing. Its just my opinion that the 1st sentence clears it up. No big deal

Then why did he say the rest of those things which left the door wide open?

I dont know man. The guys was asking him alot of questions, about reclassing, and about each school on his list. I will say this, I dont think he is reclassing. I guess some are saying he could graduate early like Diallo, so if that happens in the fall he could spend a semester after christmas on a campus I guess. This is the part nobody knows. I dont have the slightest clue what he is doing. I am just of the opinion that in that article he was saying no to reclassing. And then I was telling another poster "dont cont out Arizona, and UK is not a Lock"
He could go to either, He was born and raised in Arizona. But he loves Drake and Cal, so there you go. lol. Thats all I know. I hope he comes to Lexington. And in a perfect world he joins UK after christmas. Hopefully he plays for Cal on the U19 team in Egypt and Cal can lock him up.
Maybe its this....maybe he said no, to reclassing this fall, but then said whatever happens in the future happens because he might come in January, which is 2018.??? Who knows, but I know this, we all want him at UK.

I wouldn't be surprised either way, honestly.

It makes sense for him to reclassify and get to the league as early as he can. He is losing millions if he stays out another year.

No way to know if academically he can pull it off.

To me, it's just fun to talk about on a message board.

No reason for people to get hostile.

Reactions: Tyblue22 and Aike
Also, MDWildcats isn't exactly a drive-by poster. He's been around a while and I don't remember him regularly throwing out rumors just to get things stirred up. If he says his friend has connection at Texas and says he was told by Texas people that Cal told Bamba that he thinks Bagley might reclassify and come here, then it is probably the truth. At least the part about his friend telling him that. Now his friend might have gotten bad info. That is possible, but I don't think MDWildcat is throwing crap and hoping it sticks or anything like that.

Everybody that should know this kinda stuff says he isn't reclassifying and I hope they are correct as I doubt he would come to UK with our roster as it is this season IMO . I do think he will be at UK if he stays in his class as I think Knox , Richards, Gabriel and JV all will go pro . I know 2 of those guys are sf and not pf like Bagley but still front court is front court. A front court in 18' of Bol Bol , SKJ , bagley , Zion , possibly Moore and PJ is insane.

Reactions: Tyblue22
Also, MDWildcats isn't exactly a drive-by poster. He's been around a while and I don't remember him regularly throwing out rumors just to get things stirred up. If he says his friend has connection at Texas and says he was told by Texas people that Cal told Bamba that he thinks Bagley might reclassify and come here, then it is probably the truth. At least the part about his friend telling him that. Now his friend might have gotten bad info. That is possible, but I don't think MDWildcat is throwing crap and hoping it sticks or anything like that.
Yeah there is zero chance IMO MD would make something up . Doesn't mean it is correct though. But we all should be thankful people still put info out there as it makes this board fun.

Everybody that should know this kinda stuff says he isn't reclassifying and I hope they are correct as I doubt he would come to UK with our roster as it is this season IMO . I do think he will be at UK if he stays in his class as I think Knox , Richards, Gabriel and JV all will go pro . I know 2 of those guys are sf and not pf like Bagley but still front court is front court. A front court in 18' of Bol Bol , SKJ , bagley , Zion , possibly Moore and PJ is insane.

Bagley plays as many minutes as he wants, whenever he comes. If it's this season or next season, it doesn't matter. He is a stud.

And it doesn't matter where he goes, he starts. Period.

Zona is out of scholarships, but it doesn't matter, they make room for him. He plays beside Ayton if he goes there.

If he comes to UK, he starts at the 4 or 5 spot, depending on what lineup Cal wants to go with or where Bagley prefers to play.

There's definitely some legs to this, IMO. Two very credible posters are saying it's trending in the direction of Bagley reclassifying. @MdWIldcat55 and @ralphdaltonfan If Bagley is looking to get better and improve daily, I don't see how he could possibly pick Arizona over Kentucky. JMO, but Cal's track record speaks for itself.

Reactions: Mr_GG
There's definitely some legs to this, IMO. Two very credible posters are saying it's trending in the direction of Bagley reclassifying. @MdWIldcat55 and @ralphdaltonfan If Bagley is looking to get better and improve daily, I don't see how he could possibly pick Arizona over Kentucky. JMO, but Cal's track record speaks for itself.

Why? The top player in the last 3 classes went to LSU, Washington and Missouri?

Would be great to get him, whether this year or next. However if I had the choice between the two, I'd probably prefer him on the next year's team.

Really? Did you think before you posted?
Yeah, I did. Next year's team is shaping up to be one of the best UK has ever had and Bagley is the centerpiece of that hope. If we get some of these freshman back, then add the number one recruiting class with Bagley, that's a much stronger team than this year plus Bagley in my opinion.

Worth mentioning that Ralphdaltonfan weighed in early in the thread, indicating that this is a serious consideration. He always brings good info, imo.

The fact he's considering it isn't any breaking news. Just thought it was interesting that this was a prevalent theme being shared in the LA EYBL Session and it wasn't coming from any media-it was from people who have no reason to bring it up if it's not happening. It's not like they think every kid is going to re-classify.

Again, nobody said he's going to UK if he does this, it very well could be any of his top schools and to proactively answer/address any future question, don't even bring up who would have "Room"--they would make room. Could make a connection to any program Bagley lists if this were to happen. Also, I just share what I am told and allowed to share, it's not like I'm some "insider" nor have I ever proclaimed to be one. Figure it was something I was told I could share and would be of interest since Bagley has UK his final list. Hope it all goes the way you like, but let's not get crazy and place any importance of me as an "insider".

As for the gentleman who shared his info from friend from Texas. I have no reason to doubt him. He shared something he was told and admitted he had no idea of who Bagley was . Nowhere did I read him say he was predicting this, just thought he'd pass on info he was told. Don't think he's a horrible "troll" if this doesn't happen. It's a topic and you share things you are told and allowed to share, and some people take this way too seriously. Even worse on Twitter, where ego of some people is to point you wonder if they are Manic Depressive. lol

Good luck and hope this happens for you. I'll share more when allowed but there are other good sources of information here too and they may hear differently or have more info.

The fact he's considering it isn't any breaking news. Just thought it was interesting that this was a prevalent theme being shared in the LA EYBL Session and it wasn't coming from any media-it was from people who have no reason to bring it up if it's not happening. It's not like they think every kid is going to re-classify.

Again, nobody said he's going to UK if he does this, it very well could be any of his top schools and to proactively answer/address any future question, don't even bring up who would have "Room"--they would make room. Could make a connection to any program Bagley lists if this were to happen. Also, I just share what I am told and allowed to share, it's not like I'm some "insider" nor have I ever proclaimed to be one. Figure it was something I was told I could share and would be of interest since Bagley has UK his final list. Hope it all goes the way you like, but let's not get crazy and place any importance of me as an "insider".

As for the gentleman who shared his info from friend from Texas. I have no reason to doubt him. He shared something he was told and admitted he had no idea of who Bagley was . Nowhere did I read him say he was predicting this, just thought he'd pass on info he was told. Don't think he's a horrible "troll" if this doesn't happen. It's a topic and you share things you are told and allowed to share, and some people take this way too seriously. Even worse on Twitter, where ego of some people is to point you wonder if they are Manic Depressive. lol

Good luck and hope this happens for you. I'll share more when allowed but there are other good sources of information here too and they may hear differently or have more info.

We appreciate what you share. You may not be an "insider," but you have your ear closer to the ground than most of us.

I think I would want him now.

Right now the 17-18 team looks pretty good, but it's missing a superstar interior player like a Davis, Randle, or Towns that we usually have on our Final Four teams.

Bagley gives us that type of player at the 4/5.

Right now, I expect a Sweet Sixteen run, anything else would be bonus. With Bagley, we are Final Four or bust, real good shot at a title good. Right now we are a notch below MSU, Zona, and KU. With Bagley, we are right there with them at the top. We might be the favorites with Bagley.

Also, I think we could get a great haul in '18 without Bagley in the mix. We have a good shot at Bol, Williamson, Reid, and Brown not to mention someone always seems to come from out of nowhere in the summer before their Senior year, so I think we would be in great shape again.

So, give me Bagley this year and a couple of those guys next year and see how it goes.

Maybe so, but how much did they actually improve? Simmons went #1 basically by default. Don't understand the Fultz obsession and never really have. Tons of great players in this draft. No way is he the clear cut #1 player in this draft, IMO.

Don't think they care how much they improved in 9 months of college basketball. They are going through the motions required by the NBA to become eligible in the draft. They were getting drafted top 5 no matter what. Bagley could go to any college in Division 1 next year and he will still be drafted #1.

Frankunderwood.....Stay on subject. We are talking about an article that was written, not sources. Some think he was leaving the door open, some think he said he isnt reclassing. The original article was clear. But, Sea of Blue wrote an article about that article that left out the most important part. (The first sentence) So here is the original, if you read this, you will clearly see the writer, who talked to Bagley, says in the first sentence that Bagley is staying in 2018

http://d1vision.com/marvin-bagley-talks-schools-reclassing/

Nike Phamily (EYBL) five-star forward Marvin Bagley says he plans on staying in the 2018 class. Bagley is the consensus top prospect, among the four major recruiting outlets.

“No,” Bagley said when asked about the possibility of reclassing.

(
how many times do we need to read it?)

I'm definitely on subject.

I've said before in this thread that I don't think (imo) he ends up reclassifying
That's SO cool tho that you and Kyle Wiltjer were on a first name basis for him to "tell you he was leaving " lol....

That definitely happened... it did... it really did

lol

Don't think they care how much they improved in 9 months of college basketball. They are going through the motions required by the NBA to become eligible in the draft. They were getting drafted top 5 no matter what. Bagley could go to any college in Division 1 next year and he will still be drafted #1.

Some have this attitude. Some want to continue to improve and make themselves better in a short amount of time.

Towns could have remained what he was and still went top 5, instead he worked hard and improved to the point that he unseated the consensus number 1 pick in the draft going into the season in Okafor.

That's Cal's pitch, come to UK and improve by playing every day against other future pros. Go somewhere else and go through the motions and stay where you are. No challenge, no growth.

So does Bagley want to remain the best prospect in one particular draft or get better and work to become the next Bird, Jordan, Kobe, or LeBron?

That's what he has to decide. Stay great or become greater.

I'm definitely on subject.

I've said before in this thread that I don't think (imo) he ends up reclassifying
That's SO cool tho that you and Kyle Wiltjer were on a first name basis for him to "tell you he was leaving " lol....

That definitely happened... it did... it really did

lol
If you knew how many players, and former players were on this board you wouldnt think that way. Would it really be shocking to you if say a handful of people on this board knew players, or coaches or UK personnel? Would it? Come on man, do you really think that of the 30,000 people that frequent this site daily, that all of them are just casual fans? You would be surprised to know that you probably interact with players and coaches often. For me to tell you that I talked to Wiltjer 4 years ago, is that really so unbelievable to you? lol Is that such a big deal?

If you knew how many players, and former players were on this board you wouldnt think that way. Would it really be shocking to you if say a handful of people on this board knew players, or coaches or UK personnel? Would it? Come on man, do you really think that of the 30,000 people that frequent this site daily, that all of them are just casual fans? You would be surprised to know that you probably interact with players and coaches often. For me to tell you that I talked to Wiltjer 4 years ago, is that really so unbelievable to you? lol Is that such a big deal?

No, it's honestly not a big deal really.
It just didn't happen.

To think that Kyle Wiltjer "told you he was leaving" before anyone else really seems kinda absurd.

How big of an inside scoop did you have on Wiggins? Just curious :)

Reactions: SilentsAreGolden
No, it's honestly not a big deal really.
It just didn't happen.

To think that Kyle Wiltjer "told you he was leaving" before anyone else really seems kinda absurd.
No see, you're doing it again. Making things up that I didnt say. I never said he exclusively told me before anyone else. He told me he was leaving and a big part of it was because Wiggins had committed. and,
Did you see the other 2 posters in this thread that Had connections to his host family at Huntington Prep? The family told them the same thing. Wiggins was supposed to come, he committed silently, but changed his mind. So you can believe what you want,
Its not my job to convince a 33 year old millennial daily that Im telling you the truth. He told me a few things that was happening and I posted it. All but 1 happened, and that was Wiggins changing his mind which recruits do often. And I wasnt the only one. There were a few others connected to his host family and they told them the same thing. Its in this thread, but you arent spending energy telling them it didnt happen, are you? I would love to talk to you, and tell you the entire thing, you would believe me then. Feel free to give me your contact info, Im happy to do it. Other than that, I dont know that I could be more forthcoming

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
No see, you're doing it again. Making things up that I didnt say. I never said he exclusively told me before anyone else. He told me he was leaving and a big part of it was because Wiggins had committed. and,
Did you see the other 2 posters in this thread that Had connections to his host family at Huntington Prep? The family told them the same thing. Wiggins was supposed to come, he committed silently, but changed his mind. So you can believe what you want,
Its not my job to convince a 33 year old millennial daily that Im telling you the truth. He told me a few things that was happening and I posted it. All but 1 happened, and that was Wiggins changing his mind which recruits do often. And I wasnt the only one. There were a few others connected to his host family and they told them the same thing. Its in this thread, but you arent spending energy telling them it didnt happen, are you? I would love to talk to you, and tell you the entire thing, you would believe me then. Feel free to give me your contact info, Im happy to do it. Other than that, I dont know that I could be more forthcoming

Fair enough.

Can you (general ) send messages on here ? Like PM's/ DM's etc ?

Yeah, I did. Next year's team is shaping up to be one of the best UK has ever had and Bagley is the centerpiece of that hope. If we get some of these freshman back, then add the number one recruiting class with Bagley, that's a much stronger team than this year plus Bagley in my opinion.

You realize that if Bagley reclassifies and comes to KY for the upcoming season that we win it all, right? We can worry about next year, next year. We can get Bol next year and Zion Williamson. We worry about the present now! But you are entitled to your opinion, it's just different than mine...

Reactions: Willy4UK
You realize that if Bagley reclassifies and comes to KY for the upcoming season that we win it all, right? We can worry about next year, next year. We can get Bol next year and Zion Williamson. We worry about the present now! But you are entitled to your opinion, it's just different than mine...
Yep different opinions. I think we'd become the favorites, but I think with Bagley next year we'd be even bigger favorites, if you get what I mean. I don't ever want to guarantee a championship to myself though, 2015 took a part from me.

OF COURSE I'd prefer him on this year's team than next. He starts from day 1, plays all the minutes he wants, and gives us the dominant top NBA frontcourt pick we are currently missing after losing Bamba.

With Bagley, we would have one of Cal's best UK teams in a down year across college Basketball. A GREAT chance to win it all. Easily the best since 38-0 or 2012 when compared to the competition across the land.

The next class is loaded and we are positioned very well with several top recruits. If you could get him this year, you do it in a heartbeat.

All in my completely worthless opinion as always.

ADVERTISEMENT