ADVERTISEMENT

Bagley possible reclassification

Don't be shocked if he picks Arizona. Truth is, they are likely the leader. Im just telling you, there were lots of signs that everyone missed with Bamba. Including when he said last summer that Shaka and him got really close and he was like a dad, and when PJ Washington said 2 months ago the he was being a head case.

Arizona is building a super class with O'neal, possibly his teammate Bol Bol, and yes, maybe even Marvin Bagley. Why would anyone be shocked if he picks Arizona? He lives there. And, when asked specifically about Kentucky and Kansas he had good things to say, but, he immediately followed it up with this statement...

“I’m looking for a somewhere I could go and get better,” Bagley said. “That’s my main focus. That’s what I tell everybody. It’s not about the name. It’s not about all the news and the hype. It’s about where I can go and get better. Wherever that place may be out of my list is where I’ll go.”

Dont listen to the trolls coming to the rafters and dropping bait. He is most likely headed to Arizona

Super cute that you come here and say 5000 times he ain't reclassifying but if he does he isn't going to uk but zona.
Way to cover your bases.
Sure, you don't look as foolish as people on here thinking he could be here next year.

This is the craziest post in the history of this board. He is not reclassifying. He literally said it twice this week in 2 separate interviews. A reporter basically took something out of context, and Marvin has came out 2 times this week and said no, he isn't considering reclassifying and he will definitely go to high school for another year. He is not coming to college this summer fellas. And, if he does come to college next year UK is not the Lock we think. Arizona is a major player for him and Bol Bol. They already signed Bol Bols teammate aka Shaq's son.

Could you please link the two separate sources where he says he will "definitely go to high school next year?"

I've seen the D1Vision non-denial/denial re-quoted a million times, but nothing else. He certainly doesn't say he will definitely go to high school next year in that interview.

Before that quote, everyone was running with the story that he hasn't committed to remain at his high school, and no one seems to know where he will be.

Reactions: track42 and Mr_GG
Don't be shocked if he picks Arizona. Im just telling you, there were lots of signs that everyone missed with Bamba. Including when he said last summer that Shaka and him got really close and he was like a dad, and when PJ Washington said 2 months ago the he was being a head case.

Arizona is building a super class with O'neal, possibly his teammate Bol Bol, and yes, maybe even Marvin Bagley. Why would anyone be shocked if he picks Arizona? He lives there. And, when asked specifically about Kentucky and Kansas he had good things to say, but, he immediately followed it up with this statement...

“I’m looking for a somewhere I could go and get better,” Bagley said. “That’s my main focus. That’s what I tell everybody. It’s not about the name. It’s not about all the news and the hype. It’s about where I can go and get better. Wherever that place may be out of my list is where I’ll go.”

Dont listen to the trolls coming to the rafters and dropping bait. He very well could head to Arizona

Completely disagree! And your 100% wrong

People who talk in absolutes, on either side of the argument, should give it a rest.

Unless you know Bagley personally, you can't say one way or the other.

All of it is speculation. Let's treat it that way.

At this moment it looks unlikely that he reclassifies.

Anyone who says he is definitely reclassifying is just speculating and you should not speak in absolutes when speculating.

The same can be said of anyone saying he is definitely not reclassifying.

No one knows for sure but Bagley and his family and friends. And they may not know for sure. Bagley himself might not know if it is possible yet.

And I really doubt us message boarders know anything about the situation one way of the other.

So nothing wrong with speculation, just be careful when talking in absolutes. Even if you know in your heart that it will happen or never happen, it is just speculation, not gospel truth at this point.

Could you please link the two separate sources where he says he will "definitely go to high school next year?"

I've seen the D1Vision non-denial/denial re-quoted a million times, but nothing else. He certainly doesn't say he will definitely go to high school next year in that interview.

Before that quote, everyone was running with the story that he hasn't committed to remain at his high school, and no one seems to know where he will be.

I'll tell you what I will do instead....I will link the actual "link" that started this entire thread by the OP. The very 1st post in this entire thread that started all of this has a link on it by "Sea of Blue". And in that link, Bagley HIMSELF literally says the word "No" when he was asked. The rest of the story id just speculation. But read it, he starts off his answer by saying "No" to the question. He does go on to say he's not worried about it, but he Clearly says no.
here it is.....

“No,” Bagley said when asked about the possibility of reclassing. “I’m just worried about getting better. I’m not worried about reclassifying. I’m just taking it day by day. Whatever happens in the future happens.”

and here is the link, or, you can click on page 1 of this thread, and read the OP's 1st post. He links it right there.
http://www.aseaofblue.com/2017/5/28...i-recruiting-update-reclassification-possible

I'll tell you what I will do instead....I will link the actual "link" that started this entire thread by the OP. The very 1st post in this entire thread that started all of this has a link on it by "Sea of Blue". And in that link, Bagley HIMSELF literally says the word "No" when he was asked. The rest of the story id just speculation. But read it, he starts off his answer by saying "No" to the question. He does go on to say he's not worried about it, but he Clearly says no.
here it is.....

“No,” Bagley said when asked about the possibility of reclassing. “I’m just worried about getting better. I’m not worried about reclassifying. I’m just taking it day by day. Whatever happens in the future happens.”

and here is the link, or, you can click on page 1 of this thread, and read the OP's 1st post. He links it right there.
http://www.aseaofblue.com/2017/5/28...i-recruiting-update-reclassification-possible
The problem is we don't know what the exact question was, we just know it had to do with the possibility of reclassifying. Could the question have been: "are you goin for to reclassify?" Definitely. But could it have also been "are you worried about whether you'll be able to reclassify?", or "are you focused on reclassifying?" Yup. The latter doesn't really concretely shut the door on it, especially coupled with the "whatever happens happens" comment

Last edited:
Reactions: Dablueman
I am merely speculating, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if his "handlers" told him to deflect to keep this quiet until it is finalized. He would look pretty dumb if he said he was reclassifying, then wasn't able to get the required classes. This way, if it doesn't work out, he finishes up next year and it looks like this was the plan all along.

The smart move is to be tight lipped about it. I bet Cal and any other coach (Miller) recruiting him have advised him to deflect as well.

here it is.....

"Whatever happens in the future happens" @Tyblue22

“No,” Bagley said when asked about the possibility of reclassing. “I’m just worried about getting better. I’m not worried about reclassifying. I’m just taking it day by day. Whatever happens in the future happens.

This is a curious thing to say if you are definitely not reclassifying.

Sounds like he is leaving the door open a tad, instead of slamming it shut.

Once again, just merely speculation, I think he wants to reclassify (getting to the league a year early is definitely something he has to think about every day), but may not have the ability to do so. He might not have enough credits and he may not have time to get enough credits. Unless your his guidance counselor how could you know?

Also, does he have the test scores to go to college? He could just graduate and go to prep school, then straight to the draft. He could go overseas and play for a year. Once he graduates high school, he is eligible for the next draft, since he is going to be 19 next year.

Also, quick question. Does he even have to graduate? Doesn't the rule state that you can't be drafted until your class has been graduated a year? It doesn't say you personally have to be graduated for a year, right?

If he reclasses and is officially part of the '17 class, does he have to graduate or could he technically just wait a year and be draft eligible. You don't have to have a HS diploma to play in the NBA, right?

Can someone who knows the rules clarify?

I feel like this kid will never step foot on a college campus. He will find a loophole and end up in the '18 draft without playing for UK or Zona or any other college.

Hey @Tyblue22 let's slow your roll on the prognostications. IIRC you emphatically had Wiggins to UK. You even went as far as a daily posting of a picture of a huge black rock suggesting there were hidden clues within the picture as to when Wiggins would be committing to UK. Epic fail for the ages. You also missed out on a recent recruit, I think it was Bamba but not sure. Point being, pump the brakes, you're just like the rest of us, you don't know jack squat.

Hey @Tyblue22 let's slow your roll on the prognostications. IIRC you emphatically had Wiggins to UK. You even went as far as a daily posting of a picture of a huge black rock suggesting there were hidden clues within the picture as to when Wiggins would be committing to UK. Epic fail for the ages. You also missed out on a recent recruit, I think it was Bamba but not sure. Point being, pump the brakes, you're just like the rest of us, you don't know jack squat.

Well said

Also, quick question. Does he even have to graduate? Doesn't the rule state that you can't be drafted until your class has been graduated a year? It doesn't say you personally have to be graduated for a year, right?

If he reclasses and is officially part of the '17 class, does he have to graduate or could he technically just wait a year and be draft eligible. You don't have to have a HS diploma to play in the NBA, right?

Can someone who knows the rules clarify?

I feel like this kid will never step foot on a college campus. He will find a loophole and end up in the '18 draft without playing for UK or Zona or any other college.

The rule is that he has to be 19 calendar year of the draft (check), and at least one NBA season has to have elapsed since his graduation.

Meaning, he needs to graduate by sometime late summer (early fall at worst) to be eligible for the next draft.

So it would be in his best interest to try to get the credits to graduate by end of summer. And if he does that, conceivably he could go ahead and make his way to a college campus.

Would still have to get through the NCAA clearinghouse, and none of us really know how that would go.

So it would be surprising if he doesn't try to graduate this summer, simply to put himself in a better position moving forward.

Can he pull that off? Don't know.

Will that land him on a college campus this fall? Don't know.

"Whatever happens in the future happens."

here it is.....

Not to beat a dead horse, but that's the same quote referenced in the D1Vision article.

Nowhere in it does he say he will "definitely go to high school next year."

If you want to believe that quote closes the door, fine. A lot of people don't read the quote that way.

Or if you want to link the other two interviews that you mentioned above, that would clear a lot of things up. Unless by two interviews you actually only meant this one quote.

Reactions: Mr_GG
your buddy is full of ish man. Its not happening and not even remotely being considered. Here is the 2nd interview from this week alone, this one was 2 days ago...

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article153200514.html

I'm not saying I think he is reclassifying. Honestly I won't worry about it if-and-until it happens.
BUT, did you even read the story you linked. He doesn't say he isn't reclassifying, neither does he say he is considering reclassifying. He says he isn't thinking about that now. “I’m just worried about getting better. I’m not worried about reclassifying. I’m just taking it day by day. Whatever happens in the future happens,”
That pretty much leaves the door wide open to both him staying in HS one more year AND to him playing college ball next year.
So we basically know nothing.

The rule is that he has to be 19 calendar year of the draft (check), and at least one NBA season has to have elapsed since his graduation.

Meaning, he needs to graduate by sometime late summer (early fall at worst) to be eligible for the next draft.

So it would be in his best interest to try to get the credits to graduate by end of summer. And if he does that, conceivably he could go ahead and make his way to a college campus.

Would still have to get through the NCAA clearinghouse, and none of us really know how that would go.

So it would be surprising if he doesn't try to graduate this summer, simply to put himself in a better position moving forward.

Can he pull that off? Don't know.

Will that land him on a college campus this fall? Don't know.

"Whatever happens in the future happens."

Thanks.

So you must graduate HS to be in the NBA.

So, if a 19 year old HS dropout is as good as LeBron he can't play in the NBA?

Sounds like that could be challenged.

Brian, I think the wording is one year removed from your graduating class. I don't think you have to graduate yourself.

Thanks.

So you must graduate HS to be in the NBA.

So, if a 19 year old HS dropout is as good as LeBron he can't play in the NBA?

Sounds like that could be challenged.

One NBA season has to have elapsed since the player graduated, or since the class he would have graduated from graduated (if he did not graduate).

Some gray area here. Presumably, the class Bagley should graduate with is Spring of 2018. But maybe not. If he doesn't graduate by end of summer, that could be a sticking point. Or maybe not.

The smartest thing for Bagley to do is get himself graduated by end of summer and explore his options.

Thanks for the clarification. So he could technically reclassifiy to '17 and be eligible for the '18 draft.

He would either need to graduate by the end of this summer, or not graduate, and argue that he his actual graduating class should have been 2017.

Why I said the best bet for him is to try to graduate this summer. Eliminates some ifs.

He would either need to graduate by the end of this summer, or not graduate, and argue that he his actual graduating class should have been 2017.

Why I said the best bet for him is to try to graduate this summer. Eliminates some ifs.

So he would have to prove that his original class was 2017. Do they go by when you start HS, I guess?

So he would have to prove that his original class was 2017. Do they go by when you start HS, I guess?

Conceivably. But it would be hard to imagine him dropping out of school and risking it becoming an issue. That provision about when your class was supposed to graduate is reserved for players who did not graduate.

So it makes all the sense in the world for him to get his credits in order this summer. If he doesn't graduate until, say, December of 2017, he should not be eligible for the 2018 draft, by the letter of the law.

That being said, I don't think any of us know how close he is to graduating.

Conceivably. But it would be hard to imagine him dropping out of school and risking it becoming an issue. That provision about when your class was supposed to graduate is reserved for players who did not graduate.

So it makes all the sense in the world for him to get his credits in order this summer. If he doesn't graduate until, say, December of 2017, he should not be eligible for the 2018 draft, by the letter of the law.

That being said, I don't think any of us know how close he is to graduating.

What was the case with Diallo? Did he graduate in December or before? How come he was eligible for this draft?

What was the case with Diallo? Did he graduate in December or before? How come he was eligible for this draft?

He graduated Spring of '16 but didn't get through the clearinghouse until late 2016 while he was doing a post-grad year.

U9K lets not make things up. I didnt predict any 'recent' recruit, and I definitely didnt predict Bagley in this thread, I was 1 of about 4 people in this thread that thought he was saying 'No' to reclassifying. Thats it. I dont know anything about the kid, just like the rest of us. I was stating my opinion on the article. There were posts in here that were hilarious, like a friend of a friend in Texas said thanks for bamba because we are getting Bagley, etc. So let me spell it out for you, Im not predicting anything, Im saying it appears to me that he said No to a reclass.

And, I also said to the other poster that said he is a lock to UK that dont be suprised if he picks Arizona. I dont see anything that needs to pump the brakes man. There are alot of other crazy posts in here that you could say that to. Im just saying I thought he was clear,
"when asked about the possibility of reclassification, Bagley said No"....to me he answered the question.

And, do we really need to go over Wiggins again? lol, Tell the truth, I told you 4 things that were going to happen that spring. 3 came true, 1 didnt. And you only focused on the 1. When I told you Kyle Wiltjer was leaving to transfer to Gonzaga, you and a few other lit me up! You called me crazy, etc. Like I told you before, Kyle Wiltjer told me he was leaving, and he told me which recruits had given their verbal to Cal. Wiggins was one of them, I was excited because the other 3 things he told me 2 had came true, the other was he that was leaving, and the last was Wiggins. So I had every reason to believe him.

But anyways, you keep reminding me every time I post, lol. Its all good brother. Im just giving my opinion on Bagley, not predicting anything, I just think he was clear, and not reclassing.

Not to beat a dead horse, but that's the same quote referenced in the D1Vision article.

Nowhere in it does he say he will "definitely go to high school next year."

If you want to believe that quote closes the door, fine. A lot of people don't read the quote that way.

Or if you want to link the other two interviews that you mentioned above, that would clear a lot of things up. Unless by two interviews you actually only meant this one quote.

http://d1vision.com/marvin-bagley-talks-schools-reclassing/

Here is the original one. And then Sea of Blue and a few other posted a "so your saying theres a chance" write up which got everyone going. In the interview he asked Bagley if there was any chance of him reclassifying and Bagley said No. In this article the very first sentence the writer tells us this:

Nike Phamily (EYBL) five-star forward Marvin Bagley says he plans on staying in the 2018 class. Bagley is the consensus top prospect, among the four major recruiting outlets.

“No,” Bagley said when asked about the possibility of reclassing.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Except he never said the word No to reclassifying.

Yes he did man. in the ORIGINAL article (below) the writer tells us what Bagley said in the first sentence

Nike Phamily (EYBL) five-star forward Marvin Bagley says he plans on staying in the 2018 class. Bagley is the consensus top prospect, among the four major recruiting outlets.

I also remember Jamal Murray's coach saying he talked to Jamal and he wasn't going to reclassify.Well....Shows that we never know what a kid will do.To act like we know either way is arrogant and dumb.

Reactions: bookerfan66
U9K lets not make things up. I didnt predict any 'recent' recruit, and I definitely didnt predict Bagley in this thread, I was 1 of about 4 people in this thread that thought he was saying 'No' to reclassifying. Thats it. I dont know anything about the kid, just like the rest of us. I was stating my opinion on the article. There were posts in here that were hilarious, like a friend of a friend in Texas said thanks for bamba because we are getting Bagley, etc. So let me spell it out for you, Im not predicting anything, Im saying it appears to me that he said No to a reclass.

And, I also said to the other poster that said he is a lock to UK that dont be suprised if he picks Arizona. I dont see anything that needs to pump the brakes man. There are alot of other crazy posts in here that you could say that to. Im just saying I thought he was clear,
"when asked about the possibility of reclassification, Bagley said No"....to me he answered the question.

And, do we really need to go over Wiggins again? lol, Tell the truth, I told you 4 things that were going to happen that spring. 3 came true, 1 didnt. And you only focused on the 1. When I told you Kyle Wiltjer was leaving to transfer to Gonzaga, you and a few other lit me up! You called me crazy, etc. Like I told you before, Kyle Wiltjer told me he was leaving, and he told me which recruits had given their verbal to Cal. Wiggins was one of them, I was excited because the other 3 things he told me 2 had came true, the other was he that was leaving, and the last was Wiggins. So I had every reason to believe him.

But anyways, you keep reminding me every time I post, lol. Its all good brother. Im just giving my opinion on Bagley, not predicting anything, I just think he was clear, and not reclassing.

So... you have no more sources than any of the other average posters on here ? Eh?

lol ... Kyle wiltjer "told you" he was leaving ? Kay...

Reactions: track42

Here is the original one. And then Sea of Blue and a few other posted a "so your saying theres a chance" write up which got everyone going. In the interview he asked Bagley if there was any chance of him reclassifying and Bagley said No. In this article the very first sentence the writer tells us this:

I agree that he said No. We don't know the original wording of the question, only what was written the article.

But even taking his No at face value, the rest of Bagley's response leaves the door open, imo.

I have no clue what he is actually going to do. I would say few if any do. But it would make all kinds of sense for him to graduate by the end of the summer.

Even if he plans to attend high school next fall, it makes sense for him to get enough credits to graduate this summer.

Can he do it? Will he do it? Does he even want to do it? Haven't a clue. But I know what I would do if I were him.

Reactions: Tyblue22
LOL.That's the same article.No,I'm just worried about getting better.I'm not worried about reclassing.Whatever happens in the future happens.That's your hardcore denial?I'm not saying he will but you don't know crap and seem offended if people disagree with you.

I'll throw you a bone here...I have very rarely posted claiming any inside information, but I heard Wiggins to UK early on and posted it here.

I didn't say it at the time, but my source got it from a host family at the school.

And it turned out to be wrong, even though it was credible.

Taught me a lesson that I probably already knew - any of this stuff can change, no matter what you think you know. Even if you got it straight from a recruit, they can lie to you, or they can change their mind.

ADVERTISEMENT