ADVERTISEMENT

Perry to Uk

How do you know he won’t get that at UK? He is a basketball player. He can shoot and has a high basketball iq. He will fit nicely with whatever 5 star guys Cal brings in. He is not some slow plodding white guy.
He very well could, but going off CALs history, shooters don’t get as long a leash as the 5 star McDonald’s all Americans do

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Do ya think Travis Perry just might appreciate and value the tradition of U.K. basketball far more than at least one individual already associated with the program ?
Cal and staff got him here which is good, and he very well could like the tradition here, but most kids now don’t care about any of that at all. It’s nil and playing time

Cal and staff got him here which is good, and he very well could like the tradition here, but most kids now don’t care about any of that at all. It’s nil and playing time
Agree. That’s where Perry is different. He has wanted to play here since he was knee high to a grasshopper.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
That commitment ceremony was awesome. Great young man, and his Dad tearing up in the background…

Proud to have this awesome young man and great family at Kentucky. Hope he gets a chance to play and contribute and live his dream.

A good portion of western Ky like western KY or Murray state, not saying the majority of them don’t like UK because UK is the biggest team in the state, but the main point is that not every body looks at uk as a dream school.
Not every player but most do. You can still dream of playing at UK and never go there. And most fans in that area are UK fans whether you realize it or not. I know you haven’t been on the board all that long but you need to let this one go.

Yeah I guess but not every kid in this state grows up a UK fan in western Kentucky they are more western Ky fans. In glad he committed but he would of had more playing time at the other options
I live in the heart of Western Kentucky, and this couldn't be further from correct. I don't know a single WKU fan who isn't a UK or UofL fan first and foremost.

45% from 3, 88% free throws. and really like the assists and steals. That’s hustle.

On the season, Perry averaged 32.2 points, 6.2 rebounds, 5.8 assists and 4.7 steals per game while shooting 53 percent from the field, 45.4 percent from 3-point range and 88.1 percent from the free throw line.
So glad we got him. Kudos to cal on this one and I don’t say that often.

45% from 3, 88% free throws. and really like the assists and steals. That’s hustle.

On the season, Perry averaged 32.2 points, 6.2 rebounds, 5.8 assists and 4.7 steals per game while shooting 53 percent from the field, 45.4 percent from 3-point range and 88.1 percent from the free throw line.
His games next year are going to be SRO. I'm already planning a trip to Lexington for the Sweet 16 next year. I hope Lyon County makes it one more time.

Excited - hopefully Cal is noticing we must start getting kids who can pass -shoot & dribble
Travis can be a Kyle Guy type for us
Knock down opener jumpers and shoot 90% from line
Yea, agreed. I don't understand why the common fan could see this but the 9M dollar, HOF coach couldn't sooner?

Not every player but most do. You can still dream of playing at UK and never go there. And most fans in that area are UK fans whether you realize it or not. I know you haven’t been on the board all that long but you need to let this one go.
I need to let what go? I know most fans are UK fans, but the point is that not every kid dreams of Kentucky. Glad Kentucky got him either way

I live in the heart of Western Kentucky, and this couldn't be further from correct. I don't know a single WKU fan who isn't a UK or UofL fan first and foremost.
I have family out there to and I know fans of other teams, I know Kentucky is the main one, but there are western fans and Murray state fans in western Kentucky and it’s more than some are wanting to acknowledge. Yes Kentucky is the majority for sure. People are focusing on the wrong point of what I said. The main point is the motivations for recut is being different now

I need to let what go? I know most fans are UK fans, but the point is that not every kid dreams of Kentucky. Glad Kentucky got him either way
There are lots of different fans. Tennessee fans. Indiana fans. He could've picked those. If he didn't have a UK offer.

But never would I say I can't believe a player within the boundary of this state chose Kentucky over paying time.

Now, need to admit you were wrong and let it go.

Great pick up. Not only a Kentucky kid, but a very good one and we get to have the all time leading scorer in Kentucky HS history staying in state with UK instead of losing them to UT or some other SEC school like we did with such players as Lofton. Looking so forward to having him and Reed together.

Yeah I guess but not every kid in this state grows up a UK fan in western Kentucky they are more western Ky fans. In glad he committed but he would of had more playing time at the other options
Huh? I grew up in western Kentucky and while there is support for WKU next to nobody sees any rivalry between UK and WKU. Even on Western’s campus you’re just as likely to see kids wearing UK gear as WKU gear. Get as far west as Lyon county there is more support for Murray than Western but again most don’t see it as an either/or issue. They are fans of both.

There are lots of different fans. Tennessee fans. Indiana fans. He could've picked those.

But never would I say I can't believe a player within the boundary of this state choose Kentucky.

Now, need to admit you were wrong and let it go.
okay

Huh? I grew up in western Kentucky and while there is support for WKU next to nobody sees any rivalry between UK and WKU. Even on Western’s campus you’re just as likely to see kids wearing UK gear as WKU gear. Get as far west as Lyon county there is more support for Murray than Western but again most don’t see it as an either/or issue. They are fans of both.
Again everybody is taking the context wrong, yes Kentucky is the majority for sure, but all I was saying was that there are other fanbases out there in western Kentucky and not every recruit on this state dreams of playing for UK.

Absolute great to offer kids like this and get the commitment. Glad Perry is a Cat. Reminds me of two other smaller guard shooters from the state we didn’t offer but would have made a big difference for UK. Chris Lofton and Phil Cox.

Just came in and heard this. Sounds fantastic. The kid is an amazing shooter and scorer. Perfect form. Quick release. Clips on Youtube are crap at showing foot speed, floor vision, and reaction time. The only plays that makes the edit are made shots. But he can shoot and score.

Yes, I think Cal definitely made it known that he was wanted or Perry would not have come to UK. He had a lot of other good options. This is not like when the fans basically demanded that Eddie Sutton offer a scholarship to Richie Farmer.

Up until now, if you asked me what Kentucky high school player had the best high school career, I would say Richie Farmer. If Lyon County can win the all A or better yet the S16, it will be Travis Perry. I'm not saying they were the actual best players, just who had the best career. The best Kentucky high school players in history are probably: Wes Unseld, Darrell Griffith, Rex Chapman, Dave Cowens, Cliff Hagan and Frank Ramsey.
Jim McDaniels from Allen County Scottsville and WKU is up there as well. An all time great player.

Yeah I’m gonna admit I’m wrong I just texted my uncle from western Kentucky and asked him what he thinks the fan distribution is and he said I was a dumbass, so I’m wrong everybody else it correct I will own this one.
Kudos to you, it takes a big man to admit he was wrong. About 46% of the USA is unwilling to do that these days.

Mcdaniels was great,that was a great WKU team. Lost to Villanova in tourney if I recall. That Porter kid was radioactive that night

Do ya think Travis Perry just might appreciate and value the tradition of U.K. basketball far more than at least one individual already associated with the program ?
Love this quote from his dad-

At the end of the day, he decided putting that Kentucky jersey on every morning was the most important thing to him, and that made the decision for him.”

A trio of Kentucky kids lead UK to the 2026 national title?

Junior, Reed Sheppard
Sophomore, Travis Perry
Freshman, Jasper Johnson
Based on what I have seen to date I think Sheppard may end up being another Herro and we may only have him this year. I hope we keep him a couple of years but he has alot of game.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
You have Malachi Moreno down in Georgetown that’s pretty darn good too. Is UK on him?

Yep. He visited and was extended an offer recently.

Assuming he is younger brother of Michael Moreno?

Also, Gabe Weis is class of '26...another state target.

Maybe I am wrong but not sure how excited I am about this one.

Seems like this makes the backcourt crowded enough that might drive a better player elsewhere, and this kid has Dontae Allen written all over him (not just because they are both shooters, but just talent level and ability to contribute).

But maybe I am wrong.

Allen had a work ethic and attitude issue that is well documented. Even if talent level is similar, what is going on between the ears likely isn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT