ADVERTISEMENT

Bagley possible reclassification

Well as far as I know Bagley's eligibility has not been in question Ayton Duval and Preston it was well documented

I have doubts if he ever plays college ball.Guy is special and I could see him going straight to the NBA.

Works with Bol Bol as well who may end up passing Bagley as the number one player in next year's class he is 7ft2 with a 7ft9 wingspan 9ft7 standing reach. He is 50 percent three point shooter an 80 percent ft shooter a good enough handle to lead the break and go thru his legs for a dunk in a HS game against solid competition. Bol Bol is Taylor made for today's NBA game he will probably go number one in the 19 draft regardless if Bagley reclassifies or not.

If Bagley comes here this season you probably guaranteed at least one more guy from this year's squad comes back possibly Jones Gabriel and Washington to go with Baker Green and possibly Alexander who will have a legit shot at one and done if he can hit the 3 this year his size and length at the point maybe to much to pass up.

Put Quickly bol bol and one of the other top 10 guys we are good with and we could be looking really seriously at back to back final fours again and possibly titles. I'm telling yall after 15 the ncaa started to make sure games were called in a way to take key players out of the mix and Cal has decided to build teams that are almost foul trouble proof. You add Bagley and this year's team will have 5 or 6 guys able to play 3 positions and at a high level.
Bol Bol is not better than Bagley.But he is real good.

Would love to have Bagley but as another poster said "I am not holding my breath".

This is all news for me. I have always assumed we would have Bagley in 2018 and hang #9. If he plays college ball this winter, that team is the prohibitive championship favorite.

If it's possible, he would be great to have. He is likely the top player drafted in the '18 draft, if eligible. He starts for us from day one, probably at the 5 with our personnel. If AD can play the 5 for us, so can Bagley. I think Bagley is about the same size as AD when AD started college.

Reactions: GoCatsForever2k15
Example: Hamidou Diallo.

NBA Scouts want to see you perform on the court against higher level competition. Bagley is a phenom, but they're gonna want to see, regardless.

And no, you must be one year out of high school, I'm pretty sure.

I think I would cream my jeans if Bagley reclassified and joined this UK team. Kid is the best high school player since LeBron, and I don't even feel like it's close.
i disagree, i think A. Davis is the best since Bron

Reactions: JC43
G Green
G Diallo
F Knox
F Vanderbilt
F Bagley

Everyone can handle the ball. Three great scorers. All are good passers. Biggest weakness would be shooting with that lineup.

Getting Bagley would more than make up for losing Bamba.

G Green
G Diallo
F Knox
F Vanderbilt
F Bagley

Everyone can handle the ball. Three great scorers. All are good passers. Biggest weakness would be shooting with that lineup.

Getting Bagley would more than make up for losing Bamba.
Gonna be a lot of missed shots with that group.

Having a guy like Bagley to clean up underneath = National Championship.

Serious question: is Bagley seriously considering this or is this just fans hoping for something now that we didn't get Bamba?

This is being seriously considered and has been since last Summer. All the programs involved know about this possibility and are monitoring.

Should know for certain what he plans to do by Mid to late July/Early August.

Sierra Canyon doesn't expect him to return. UCLA feeder program and know Nike doesn't want to lose him to UA or Adidas. (UCLA moving to UA this year and of course Kansas being Adidas Flagship program right now)

Laughing at idea of "bad fit for this year". You take Bagley and don't look back if he chooses your program and whenever he wants to play. He is best HS prospect in country and this was case last year as well as this year. Wouldn't Bamba have been "overkill" too? Will say that Bagley is most concerned with basketball and not architecture of the city....so that's a plus. Notice how none of the UK recruits have commented on Bamba's decision?

One other thing--for anyone who is going to give Cal crap about who he selects for 19U Tryouts/Roster, take a look at Smart's roster last Summer. Bamba, Matt Coleman, James Banks and Jarrett Allen. So 1/3 of the roster was Texas players/future players. So when Bagley gets invited with other guys, watch the uproar and then you have your counter argument set when you can say that 1/3 of the team was Texas Longhorns. And Smart wanted PJ Washington too. So he was using this as a recruiting opportunity as well, but it won't be mentioned until this week when invite list gets released.

Bagley is one of the most impressive high school talents I've seen in a while. A legitimately skilled, fluid and physically strong kid at 6'11" and only getting better. He's nasty, too. Cal led for him for a long time, but it's gone quiet in the way of Kentucky for a while.

I'd need an oxygen mask if we somehow returned some of this year's team and added one or more of Bagley/Romeo/Zion/RJ Barrett.

About the third paragraph it stated Bagley "insisted" he has no favorite. That doesn't ooze his appeal for Cal or UK unless I overlooked something else. (I am just going by that article.)

That doesn't mean he isn't close to Calipari, it means he doesn't have a leading SCHOOL in his recruitment, Bamba insisted for months he didn't have a leader in his recruitment, but it was VERY well known he was close with Smart...

That doesn't mean he isn't close to Calipari, it means he doesn't have a leading SCHOOL in his recruitment, Bamba insisted for months he didn't have a leader in his recruitment, but it was VERY well known he was close with Smart...

If UK leads at this point, the smart move for Cal is to tell Bagley to keep that quiet. All it does is make other coaches turn up the heat on him.

Notice how none of the UK recruits have commented on Bamba's decision?

I had certainly noticed this and wondered about it. So what is that about? They think it's a stupid decision and just don't want to comment on it? He told them he was going to UK and they're p!ssed off at him? Something else?

I'm sure you're glad college basketball isn't like pro baseball....

I mean, your players have played for so many programs, they'd have to pick only one for the Hall or be neutral.

That would mess up your historical achievements.

I could only imagine one thing worse than that. Something like a former player going elsewhere, forming the greatest historical program on record, and never looking back.

I mean, K did something similar to Army, but you're KANSASS. You were supposed to be the Yankees and you ended at the Braves. Ouch.

You're still a borderline blue blood, but it's wavering.

Reactions: awf
Bol Bol is not better than Bagley.But he is real good.
Didn't say he was better. But like Bamba Noel and Davis with a 7ft9 wingspan he will have the ability to control the game without a point but he can score and is a very good offensive player. So I will not be surprised if he isn't ranked number one in a few rankings and maybe even drafted ahead of Bagley but no he is not a better basketball player. For example Kevin Knox is a way better basketball player than Most Bamba. He does every single thing better but block shots and maybe dunk. But Bamba is rated higher and will be drafted higher. I do understand Bagley is another once in a decade style player. However if he were to reclassify to this class he will be the number one player drafted in this week draft. And this was in response to the post about wanting Bagley the following season with some returning players and I said Bol Bol offers a similar benefit and Bagley may even cause one more player to come back to go with Bol Bol meaning it is basically a win win for both classes

I know some might think this is just something Kentucky fans made up, but i remember a time when Kentucky and Cal was all Ayton wanted to talk about while talking recruiting. I don't think Ayton ends up at Arizona if Cal thought he could actually play the kid at Kentucky. I don't know much about Bagley's recruitment, but i do know the kid likes Cal a lot. If you add Bagley to our roster for next season, good luck to the rest of the nation. Ayton as Arizona is probably the most talented college basketball player for next season, but if Bagley wants to play college ball a year early, Ayton won't be the best player next season. Bagley has the size to play whatever spot on the floor you need him to play in college. While it's true we are loaded with forwards already, Bagley wouldn't see it that way. The dude knows he would be the most talented player no matter what court he decides to step on. Bagley is one of the most talented players coming out of highschool in a long time,but it seems it would be too good to be true type of situation for Cal and Kentucky to land the kid this coming season. If the kid actually wanted to play college basketball, it would be hard to beat Cal for this kid.
Yes. If we wanted Ayton I believe he could of been ours . I still will be surprised if he suits up for Zona without problems.

Is this a sentiment that's echoed by scouts and/or any articles?

Yes it is. I've seen a number of scouts that feel that way. I think you can make legitimate comparisons of Bagley to a better shooting Giannis Antetokounmpo.

I think the bottom line is whether he can or not.

If given the opportunity to graduate early, play college ball one year early, and go pro one year early, why would he not want to?

He won't improve his stock, he is already projected as #1 regardless of which draft he is in.

Every year he waits, the more chance of injury. Plus he is losing millions if he waits another year.

If he can graduate this summer and has the qualifying score, then why wait?

Also, I believe he could still graduate, then if he didn't qualify, could either go to a prep school or overseas to play a year, then be eligible for the '18 draft.

He just has to graduate to be eligible for the '18 draft. He doesn't have to qualify for college.

Exactly. I think most people just get tired of reading, so they look at the headline and think "well that's that" lol. He's been asked a couple of times and each time he said he is not reclassifying, but of course some look at the question and think that's the answer as well

Didn't seem to be that way in that read...

Reactions: BBUK
Nope he's not a sf. He brings it up sometimes vs other bigs but struggles if a legit sf is guarding him or he has to guard one. He's a stretch 4 who is very athletic and when you have that ability some times fans take the liberty of saying you can play sf or even sg, same way fans did that with Wenyen when scouts constantly told those fans that he was not a sf

Cal is serious about positionless basketball and Bagley at 6ft10/11 can play center pf or SF. Cal is building Foul proof teams not sure how it is any different than Bamba wanting to play pf. Think about it with Bagley you will have Vanderbilt Knox able to play the 2 3 and 4. Gabriel and Jones 4 and 5 Washington the 4 maybe some small ball 5 and a little sf. Alexander and Diallo the 2 and 3. Bagley 3 4 and 5. Wynard the five and maybe some 4. Even Green and Baker can play the other guard spot in a pinch. Richards I think will only play the 5 although his handle is alot like WCS who played some 4 in 15. But 7 or 8 guys can play 3 positions and at a high level. Gonna be hard for Higgins to get everybody in foul trouble and next season could be more of the same

I hadn't even followed this thread until today. But I have a friend in Austin who is a fanatical Texas booster, and unlike 99 percent of them, actually cares about basketball. He's at the level where he talks to people on the coaching staff.

I grudgingly congratulated him on Bamba and he said, 'Well, thank Cal for us. The tide turned when Kentucky signaled that Bagley was coming on board later in the summer..." The guy might have been toying with me. Can't say for sure. But he's usually on the money when it comes to Texas.

i disagree, i think A. Davis is the best since Bron

Hmm... he finished RSCI #1 (one #2 rank, rest #1). He might have been the best high school prospect since Lebron. Others to consider - Oden (unanimous #1), Durant (unanimous #2), Howard (unanimous #1), Barnes (one #2, rest #1), Wiggins (unanimous #1).

Looking at the RSCI list for Tubby/BCG years was painful. 2006 - scroll down to #58 Derrick Jasper to see the first UK kid.

Exactly. I think most people just get tired of reading, so they look at the headline and think "well that's that" lol. He's been asked a couple of times and each time he said he is not reclassifying, but of course some look at the question and think that's the answer as well

Dude had me almost doubting myself. I read it again just to make sure. Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT