ADVERTISEMENT

Perry to Uk

You’re crazy if you think most of Western Kentucky isn’t Uk fans.
A good portion of western Ky like western KY or Murray state, not saying the majority of them don’t like UK because UK is the biggest team in the state, but the main point is that not every body looks at uk as a dream school.

Yeah I guess but not every kid in this state grows up a UK fan in western Kentucky they are more western Ky fans. In glad he committed but he would of had more playing time at the other options
I’ve lived in Western Ky all my life. You will find 1000’s on 1000’s of UK fans. And a handful of Western Fans.

Even less Louisville fans.

Probably more Murray St fans than Western. Still dwarfed by UK.

Maybe I am wrong but not sure how excited I am about this one.

Seems like this makes the backcourt crowded enough that might drive a better player elsewhere, and this kid has Dontae Allen written all over him (not just because they are both shooters, but just talent level and ability to contribute).

But maybe I am wrong.

Maybe I am wrong but not sure how excited I am about this one.

Seems like this makes the backcourt crowded enough that might drive a better player elsewhere, and this kid has Dontae Allen written all over him (not just because they are both shooters, but just talent level and ability to contribute).

But maybe I am wrong.
Don't think he's going to drive away an elite level player from UK. Those types know they can compete with anyone. Obviously not at Sheppard's level as an athlete, but elite level shooters don't grow on trees and given our recent track record at 3PT proficiency ....I'm thrilled to have him in the fold.

Will gladly take him but I don’t get the decision on his end. He was gonna get a lot of mins early at wku Cincy or ole miss
You guys are nuts. He’s a shooter and a scorer. He scores and can shot. Anyone who thinks shooters sit the bench are not watching games. Talk defense all you want but put the ball in the basket gets playing time.

Will gladly take him but I don’t get the decision on his end. He was gonna get a lot of mins early at wku Cincy or ole miss
Because he and his family are probably financially very shrewd. His NIL will be very good and if he stays here, his future is also secure. It’s the smart play.
Also welcome young man- looking forward to seeing you in blue and white!

At least they'll be able to drink coffee and Coke.
Smoke also but I hope not. Had a buddy that was a Morman we were kids I got a coke out of the fridge. He asked me to let him have a drink he hide in our utility room took a shot of coke. He wiped his mouth and let out a sound like he hit a shot of grain alcohol. I didn’t know it was like forbidden fruit to him. Cracked me up later when I found out more things.

Last edited:
I’m from western Kentucky and know few western fans. Know a lot of Murray and UK fans. An occasional uofl moron.
THIS ^^^^ I live in Western Ky and 95 % or more are UK fans with some Murray fans. LIke you I only know one UL fan. Glad to have Perry coming too UK. Not really surprised by him picking UK.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
With a potential Reed Sheppard, Joey hart, and Travis Perry backcourt Kentucky is turning into BYU next year
images

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I’ve lived in Western Ky all my life. You will find 1000’s on 1000’s of UK fans. And a handful of Western Fans.

Even less Louisville fans.

Probably more Murray St fans than Western. Still dwarfed by UK.
I’ve had family my whole life as well ,and there are fans of other teams in that area I don’t get why some are acting like there isn’t , but for sure Kentucky has more in number

You guys are nuts. He’s a shooter and a scorer. He scores and can shot. Anyone who thinks shooters sit the bench are not watching games. Talk defense all you want but put the ball in the basket gets playing time.
How many shooters have came here and rode the bench

Because he and his family are probably financially very shrewd. His NIL will be very good and if he stays here, his future is also secure. It’s the smart play.
Also welcome young man- looking forward to seeing you in blue and white!
Glad he is here, but these kids want playing time more than anything

Might get crowded next season. Sheppard likely back with Fland. Peterson is almost certainly gonna reclass and UK is in a good spot with him. Also wouldn't count out a Jasper Johnson reclass.

Yeah I guess but not every kid in this state grows up a UK fan in western Kentucky they are more western Ky fans. In glad he committed but he would of had more playing time at the other options
I totally disagree with you, most in this part of the country, Western KY, follow Murray State and WKU, go to their game etc but their KY fans first. I know numerous people that regularly go to games at UK as well as the other two. I went to Murray State but have been a UK fans for years.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Proud to have you Travis. You’ve earned the opportunity to play here and now is the time to really work on the hard things that can take your game to another level. Can’t wait to follow your career here and watch you continue to prove a lot of people wrong since you’ve touched a basketball. Keep working and get that defensive game up a few notch’s. Also, go destroy the nets this year bud. Go Cats.

Not sure how any UK fan could not understand his decision, at least ones that grew up in Kentucky. If he wasn’t a 4 or 5 star I could see going to a smaller school but this is what every kid that’s grown up in that state wants.
You were the guy who said he wasn't going to come here, and now you're acting like we should have seen this coming all along?

Hilarious.

I totally disagree with you, most in this part of the country, Western KY, follow Murray State and WKU, go to their game etc but their KY fans first. I know numerous people that regularly go to games at UK as well as the other two. I went to Murray State but have been a UK fans for years.
About the fans or the playing time, Kentucky does dominate the fans in the state but in western Ky there are other options

Swing and a miss on my part. From everything I heard over the summer he had developed a strong relationship with Beard at Ole Miss and would likely commit there.
Glad I wasn't right and Travis is going to be a Wildcat. Always good to have in-state kids who personally know the program tradition and are talented on a national recruiting level.

Excited - hopefully Cal is noticing we must start getting kids who can pass -shoot & dribble
Travis can be a Kyle Guy type for us
Knock down opener jumpers and shoot 90% from line
45% from 3, 88% free throws. and really like the assists and steals. That’s hustle.

On the season, Perry averaged 32.2 points, 6.2 rebounds, 5.8 assists and 4.7 steals per game while shooting 53 percent from the field, 45.4 percent from 3-point range and 88.1 percent from the free throw line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT