ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time College Draft Winner Cowtown Cat!

Not reaches in the sense they shouldn't eventually be drafted, but like with KAT, I had to over-draft to be sure I got him.

It's no coincidence there have been so many Kentucky guys taken, and maybe two of them deserve to be off the board at this point.

We're going to see UK guys who were barely all SEC getting taken while All Americans are on the board.

My argument that if the UK players was not on a stacked team per say their stats likely would of warranted an All-American selection. Remember these players decided to join up together if they went off for 1 year at some other school they'd be 20-10 players

Reactions: drcats2013
My argument that if the UK players was not on a stacked team per say their stats likely would of warranted an All-American selection. Remember these players decided to join up together if they went off for 1 year at some other school they'd be 20-10 players

The guys being drafted are from places like Duke, Carolina, Sparty, UCONN, etc. Most of them played on loaded teams.

The AA teams are also always littered with guys from those schools. KAT, for example was an AA and played 20 minutes per game and took the fifth most shots on the team.

The guys being drafted are from places like Duke, Carolina, Sparty, UCONN, etc. Most of them played on loaded teams.

The AA teams are also always littered with guys from those schools. KAT, for example was an AA and played 20 minutes per game and took the fifth most shots on the team.

I would venture to say using Kat or AD as examples aren't typically the norm. Usually you have 1 star with solid supporting veteran players. But we can get into this argument down the road I'm sure it will come up.

I would venture to say using Kat or AD as examples aren't typically the norm. Usually you have 1 star with solid supporting veteran players. But we can get into this argument down the road I'm sure it will come up.

Sounds like you're saying it can be done if the player is just a massively transcendent talent who dominates the game.

I agree.

I was between he and Lawson but wanted the speed and proven winner. Hard to have an all-time contest with a PG who didn't lead a team to a title.
Lawson team was stacked. Arguably all time best team ever.

That’s like saying Teague is the best UK PG.

Nelson, was more than a proven winner- Lawson was never a bad pick though.

Lawson team was stacked. Arguably all time best team ever.

That’s like saying Teague is the best UK PG.

Nelson, was more than a proven winner- Lawson was never a bad pick though.

Whole lot of people were the PG for a stacked team who didn't go to two final fours and win a title.

It's only like saying Teague is the best UK point guard if Teague were the second leading scorer, shot the best FG and 3pt percentage, and lead the team in assists and steals.

But it does show he can thrive on a loaded team and lead them to a title. That's what he's doing for my team too.

Whole lot of people were the PG for a stacked team who didn't go to two final fours and win a title.

It's only like saying Teague is the best UK point guard if Teague were the second leading scorer, shot the best FG and 3pt percentage, and lead the team in assists and steals.

But it does show he can thrive on a loaded team and lead them to a title. That's what he's doing for my team too.
All I’m saying is there’s more factors to evaluating a PG college success than national titles.

All I’m saying is there’s more factors to evaluating a PG college success than national titles.
And I'm saying leading your team to two final fours and winning a title means something when we're drafting a team to win an NCAA tournament.

A title isn't the only factor, but the guys being drafted here are mostly going to meet the other standards of talent, stats, awards, etc.

I want the ball in the hands of a guy who has been there before.

And I'm saying leading your team to two final fours and winning a title means something when we're drafting a team to win an NCAA tournament.

A title isn't the only factor, but the guys being drafted here are mostly going to meet the other standards of talent, stats, awards, etc.

I want the ball in the hands of a guy who has been there before.

I get it. I want the ball in the hands of guys that are proven winners as well- I just think we define " has been there before" a bit different- which nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Give me another champion.

A consensus all American. Three times all conference. Two time conference tournament MVP. NCAA All Region and All Tourney. Conference player of the year.

One of the highest rated defenders since they've tracked the statistics.

19 points (40% from three), 6 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals and the ability to play and guard four spots.

Give me Josh Hart, G/F.

I've got the proven veteran, time to add one of the most dynamic guards of the last 20 years.

25 points (36% from 3), 10 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals. Consensus first team all American. One of only 8 triple doubles in the NCAA tournament in the modern era.

Give me Ja Morant.

Reactions: GoBigBlue712
I mean, we all knew this would happen lol. You have to at least have 2-3 cats on your team to compete. I have two and will likely find one more at some point.

It doesn't have to happen. We're the ones drafting. We can just pick the best players.

I think the reality is a lot of people here only ever watch Kentucky, so of course the Cats have 5 of the 12 best SGs of the last 20 years.

It doesn't have to happen. We're the ones drafting. We can just pick the best players.

I think the reality is a lot of people here only ever watch Kentucky, so of course the Cats have 5 of the 12 best SGs of the last 20 years.
Very little has to happen, but it doesn’t change the reality of what will. I will admit, it wouldn’t be as fun if I didn’t mix a couple cats into my roster, reach or not; and you HAVE to reach a little to get one lol.

Well, when picking 120 players, it is inevitable. Monk fits what I want for my team quite well. I sure loved Ulis but he isn't what I'm looking for on my team. He was an excellent college PG though.

Who left is better than Ulis? Correct me if I’m wrong, but was he not a first team All American as a sophomore, SEC player of the year, SEC defensive player of the year, and the 2016 Bob Cousy award winner?

Who left is better than Ulis? Correct me if I’m wrong, but was he not a first team All American as a sophomore, SEC player of the year, SEC defensive player of the year, and the 2016 Bob Cousy award winner?
There are quite a few players left better than Ulis, my man (see what I did there). Lol. Nothing personal, I get it. I grabbed Randle a little early because he was a cat, but we have to also be realistic, or at least should be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT