ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Draft Cowtown Cat Champion!

You have PG, Siakam, Lavine and Kuzma, so we both clearly like skilled, versatile players.

It's always cool to watch how similarly a lot of us rank guys, especially in these middle rounds. Most people would give you the same top 10-12, but a similar 65-75 is pretty wild.
I tried to take scoring veterans that can play multiple positions the first few rounds. Now i’m trying to get some young shooters and playmakers under 30

You have PG, Siakam, Lavine and Kuzma, so we both clearly like skilled, versatile players.

It's always cool to watch how similarly a lot of us rank guys, especially in these middle rounds. Most people would give you the same top 10-12, but a similar 65-75 is pretty wild.

Man, I’ve played fantasy sports (baseball, basketball & football) since 1990 & Icr having a pick stolen so many times in one draft. By that I mean stolen 1-2 picks before I’m due. No big deal if it’s 5-10 picks away but when you target a guy & then pass on him thinking he’s gonna slip another round & watch him keep falling only to be taken the pick before you is BRUTAL, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: GonzoCat90
I’m gonna take another combo guard who’s on the rise entering his prime & versatile enough to play the 3, too. He’s averaged 16 points, 5 rebounds & a steal/game the last 2 seasons & went from 3 assists/game last year to 7 this season. He was a member of the 50/40/90 club last year & his career splits are 47/39/90 thru his first 4 seasons. I’ll take Malcolm Brogdon.

@YaySports OTC

I’m gonna take another combo guard who’s on the rise entering his prime & versatile enough to play the 3, too. He’s averaged 16 points, 5 rebounds & a steal/game the last 2 seasons & went from 3 assists/game last year to 7 this season. He was a member of the 50/40/90 club last year & his career splits are 47/39/90 thru his first 4 seasons. I’ll take Malcolm Brogdon.

@YaySports OTC

I'll go to bat for Brogdon every day of the week. I usually draft him and end up frustrated that so many voters don't know who he is.

Probably serves us right for letting the forum that posts "hope the whole league goes bankrupt" every chance they get vote on the winner.

Gosh I have a player in mind that I know I can take in round 10.... but may have to pull the trigger.

Ill go with a guy who led the NBA in FG% at the age of 21. A superb athlete and lob catcher who has been working on expanding his offense with a faceup game this off season. He has a per36 of 15-11 and 3 blocks per game. Ill take Mitchell Robinson. @WilmoreCat OTC
@jwhite123 on deck

Reactions: Nkycatfan17
I'll go to bat for Brogdon every day of the week. I usually draft him and end up frustrated that so many voters don't know who he is.

Probably serves us right for letting the forum that posts "hope the whole league goes bankrupt" every chance they get vote on the winner.

I think I might’ve already screwed myself in that regard with Gallinari & Warren so why stop now? Lol.

Give me a rookie who has absolutely excelled in his shortened season. PER of 21.8, averaging 20 and 9 per 36 minutes. 62% from the field and 40% from 3 at only 23. Give me Brandon Clarke

@GoBigBlue712 otc

Reactions: Nkycatfan17
Damn! I thought he would be slept on till i came back!
Almost took him when I took Graham but felt like a scoring guard was my bigger need. Dude has been a freak only playing like 21 mpg. The core of him and Morant in Memphis is going to be around for awhile

Reactions: YaySports
Almost took him when I took Graham but felt like a scoring guard was my bigger need. Dude has been a freak only playing like 21 mpg. The core of him and Morant in Memphis is going to be around for awhile
He just wasnt enough of a name really which is why i figured i could wait. I wanna say i read when he was at gonzaga he was the most efficient player in the country. He’ll be a name not tons of people know and then he’ll blow up. Him and Ja will be fun to watch.

I do have Lebron James... so I need to win now.

Can you believe this guy led OKC to the playoffs with 40 wins with more to go??? He is also #4 in PER among point guards. This guy easily has 2-3 more seasons at elite PG level play

Chris Paul is my pick

@drcats2013

I’ll match your Paul pick with a former mvp that has one of the highest PER’s in the league, averaging (per 36) 25 points and almost 8 assists, which happens to be the highest of his career. He’s 31 but still has a lot of miles left due to lost seasons. Perfect bench guy for my 5 year run. I’ll take Derrick Rose. Give me a few mins on my second pick.

Reactions: DraftCat
For my second pick, I’ll take the guy who had the 4th most threes made per game in 2019-2020, and also had the 4th highest percentage at 44.8%. He kept getting better as the season progressed and averaged over 17 ppg and over 51% from 3 in his final 10 games of the year. For my 8th man, I’ll gladly take Duncan Robinson. @UKNorse you’re back up, man.

Reactions: DraftCat
For my second pick, I’ll take the guy who had the 4th most threes made per game in 2019-2020, and also had the 4th highest percentage at 44.8%. He kept getting better as the season progressed and averaged over 17 ppg and over 51% from 3 in his final 10 games of the year. For my 8th man, I’ll gladly take Duncan Robinson. @UKNorse you’re back up, man.
Dang it man lol. Thought I could grab Duncan next pick

Reactions: drcats2013
Going with my win now theme give me Lamarcus Aldridge

Stretch 4 that has been consistent for a long time. Will get a tons of open looks with my team. Definitely has a few good years left in the tank

Ill take a 6’11 small forward. One who is just 22, and has increased statistically in basically everything over his first 3 seasons. He averages 12 points and 7 boards to go with 2.4 blocks and 1.6 steals in just under 30 mpg, one of the better budding defensive players in the league with an improving/capable offense (46/33/77). Ill go with Jonathan Isaac.
@JHannibalSmith OTC

Last edited:
I’m gonna go with a guy who is 33 but still playing at a high level & still has 3 years left on his contract. He’s a solid rebounder, defender & a good shooter & passer for a big. He averaged 12, 7 & 4 assists this year & can play the 4/5 while filling the role of wise veteran. I’ll take Al Horford.

@quest4#9 OTC

I need a bulldog. A tough guy. An instigator.

But I don't want to sacrifice fit, skillset, and versatility.

Thankfully, I can have both. You'll double check when you read this, but he's still only 25 years old. You'll double check when you read this, but he finished top 50 in the league in made 3s, and shot 36 and 35% from deep the last two seasons despite casual fans telling you he can't shoot.

The quick glance numbers say he averaged 14 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists despite the offense never running through him. But those aren't the point. Defense is the point.

I would say he can guard 1-3, but the reality, absurd as it is, is he can guard 1-5. Just ask the best minds in the game:

But (blank), who is listed at 6-foot-3, regularly guards players half a foot (or more) taller than him. He guards them, he bodies them, and by evening’s end, he owns them, bullying NBA bigs like he doesn’t know (or doesn’t care) that he’s only 75 inches high.

(Blank) is their only fail-safe against superstars. Come Curry, come Harden, come LeBron.

...tasked (blank) with guarding Kevin Love, a 6-foot-8 power forward with an outside shot that should allow him to take advantage of height mismatches on the perimeter, and a 251-pound frame that should allow him to body smaller opponents in the post. Should. Love scored just eight points while (blank) was defending him, which was 61 percent of the time, and overall he finished with 17.

Love knew how Tuesday’s game would go. He was teammates with LeBron for four years, and watched (blank), who was voted first team All-Defense last season, thwart the best player in the world many times. “He’s really tough out there,” Love said after the game. “He can guard anybody, 1 through 5.” ((Blank) calls himself a “stretch-6” because of his ability to do so.) Last week, Giannis Antetokounmpo, who can truly play 1 through 5, was (Blank's) assignment. Antetokounmpo is a multi-man job, yet in the 17 possessions (Blank) defended him, the Greek Freak scored just once.

All told, this guy's already good defensive squad with an already-great defensive coach, was nearly 5 points better defensively with him on the floor than off it. I think mine will see similar success.

Give me Marcus Smart, G/F.

Reactions: GoBigBlue712
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT