ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft rounds 8+

Not true. There are some really good teams in this thing.

But yes, we'd kill the Monstars because they had no depth and lost to a team with Porky Pig and Bill Murray.

Who are those good teams in your eyes?

Anyone in favor of reducing pick limit to 6 hours for these last 4 rounds?
No. We all agreed to the rules at the beginning. Others have explained that it is actually going faster than previous years.

I am in favor of you starting your own draft next year. That way you can make whatever rules/time limits that you desire

Just because I agree to 12 hour limit doesn't mean I think every pick should take hours in the digital age. If just a few people were replaced with more active people this would have been finished in 2 days. Again I've been the most active tagging people to try to help others know their pick is up, more than I can say for you. I didn't ask for something unreasonable, I just asked others opinions on if 6 hours was more ok for role players like Brandon knight. Never said it had to be that way.

Some good ideas @usinfantrycat85 . Just bc I have had some frustrations with the speed of picks doesn't put me in the wrong. I think several of us have been waiting constantly to pick with just one person holding us up. 6 hours in the 8th round is a reasonable suggestion

Some good ideas @usinfantrycat85 . Just bc I have had some frustrations with the speed of picks doesn't put me in the wrong. I think several of us have been waiting constantly to pick with just one person holding us up. 6 hours in the 8th round is a reasonable suggestion
I agree 100% .. I was just thinking to myself as well How could we take this idea and make it better..If we want a real competition how about all 12 of us join a fantasy league. Or I'm sure there is someone smart enough to know how to create an app in the Play Store will you can download your picks..

Reactions: quest4#9
That makes sense. You're the only one bitching about the time limit. No one else is in a huge rush like you are.
Just bc I'm the one trying to come up with ideas to speed things up fairly doesn't mean other people aren't annoyed anytime it takes all day for one pick. Perhaps I'm more vocal than some, but I would say 2/3 of people are at least checking in frequently to try to keep things moving efficiently and most of us have been frustrated by a couple or a few people.

Woh...pissing contest. Some people take longer than others, which sucks if youre waiting to pick, but overall this has gone very smooth from what I can tell. It would be great to go quicker, but its not needed.

Someone mentioned leaving draft open from 8am to 10pm or something. Now of course someome probably lives in a different time zone or works nights so itd have to be rehashed, but thats a lot of work. If we all couldnt easily fit into 8am to 10pm or whatever, id just say screw it, leave it as is and lets not argue over a fantasy draft lol

Reactions: quest4#9
Fair enough, fine by me it's all good. I've never made any of this personal bc that's just dumb. I'm simply of the mindset that if someone misses a couple picks they prob won't be back. So we should probably replace bbn w aike if he's not back for his next pick.

I didn't know this was the summer Festivus. I have a lot of problems with you people.... and now you're going to hear about them.

happy-festivus.jpeg

Reactions: Aike
Excuse me if he's already taken, but I gave a quick glimpse and didn't see him on the roster list.

I'll take a 22 year old who averaged 15 points per game, including 2 3-pointers per game on a ridiculous (better than Steph Curry) 42% from deep and 50% from the field.

He has improved his makes and percentages every year, while also adding nearly 1.5 steals per game and barely turning it over 1 time per game.

A perfect fit on a team that can all shoot it, defend, and who moves the ball better than any other, give me 22 year old wing, Gary Harris.

Excuse me if he's already taken, but I gave a quick glimpse and didn't see him on the roster list.

I'll take a 22 year old who averaged 15 points per game, including 2 3-pointers per game on a ridiculous (better than Steph Curry) 42% from deep and 50% from the field.

He has improved his makes and percentages every year, while also adding nearly 1.5 steals per game and barely turning it over 1 time per game.

A perfect fit on a team that can all shoot it, defend, and who moves the ball better than any other, give me 22 year old wing, Gary Harris.
Much better defender than perceived also.

Nice pick. For me it was him or Beverley and I felt I needed more of a defensive player than offensive

I'll go pretty quickly don't worry but @gossie21 can we get a quick update on OG post. If not I'll make my selections just wanna good picture of whos left

Nice pick. For me it was him or Beverley and I felt I needed more of a defensive player than offensive

I've long been a Patrick Beverley fan. Think it's pretty obvious with the team I'm building that he was a target later in the draft.

I think these rounds are as fun as the early ones because it's so much more random. Everyone can name the top 25-30 guys in a relatively concrete order. This part of the draft is guys who could go any time or who could fall for three rounds.

If Gary Harris played for the Knicks he'd have been a fourth rounder. Very few folks watch Denver and they get no coverage.

Much better defender than perceived also.

He definitely is, especially as a young guy on a bad team trying to carry that much of a scoring load.

Reminds me of a more talented version of a guy who is still on the board and made quite a career for himself winning lots games.

I've been going to bat for this guy for years, and every year we do this, I have to take him earlier and earlier. I hope he's finally getting the respect he deserves.

26 years old. 6'9 and a rangy, fluid athlete.

13 points, 7 rebounds per game. Ho-hum, right?

But what about 2 threes per game (as many as Gordon Hayward and good for 29th in the league?)

What if he can defend four positions and play anything 2-4 on offense?

What if he finished FOURTH in the entire league in steals (behind Draymond, John Wall and CP3) and blocked a shot per game from the wing?

On a sixers roster that has shipped out everyone in their quest to continue losing over the years, this guy was one of the few pieces they had to hold onto.

Give me G/F, Robert Covington.

Yeah, two good young big guys, Embiid Nurkic should provide me great center play for years to come

I've been going to bat for this guy for years, and every year we do this, I have to take him earlier and earlier. I hope he's finally getting the respect he deserves.

26 years old. 6'9 and a rangy, fluid athlete.

13 points, 7 rebounds per game. Ho-hum, right?

But what about 2 threes per game (as many as Gordon Hayward and good for 29th in the league?)

What if he can defend four positions and play anything 2-4 on offense?

What if he finished FOURTH in the entire league in steals (behind Draymond, John Wall and CP3) and blocked a shot per game from the wing?

On a sixers roster that has shipped out everyone in their quest to continue losing over the years, this guy was one of the few pieces they had to hold onto.

Give me G/F, Robert Covington.
Good defender. He ranks high in steals and has maintained a good FG% over the years.

Correct, Embiid a big hit or miss with his health. Embiid should be one of the best centers ever if he can stay healthy. I would be fine playing Porzingis at center also, as I think he's a 4/5, moving Milsap to the 4.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT