ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft rounds 8+

To be honest, I'm not sure these late round picks impact the voters very much. Although in a real life scenario they could be some of the most important picks.

Maybe I still don't exactly understand how this all works. Are we going for best PER, best scorers, etc. Or are we going for team we think could be the best and putting it to a vote? I'm just drafting players I think would be a good team.

Maybe I still don't exactly understand how this all works. Are we going for best PER, best scorers, etc. Or are we going for team we think could be the best and putting it to a vote? I'm just drafting players I think would be a good team.

You're trying to build the best team. All the numbers and analytics are evidence of the quality of your picks.

Team that will have the best record in the next 7 years combined.

I am jus getting analytics just to get some real truth about some of these players. Perception is dangerous.

However, analytics doesn't mean facts. I just use them for guidance.

EDIT: at the end of the day..everyone is going to vote randomly based off their biased opinions. LOL

Last edited:
Team that will have the best record in the next 7 years combined.

I am jus getting analytics just to get some real truth about some of these players. Perception is dangerous.

However, analytics doesn't mean facts. I just use them for guidance.
I don't know if perception is dangerous. For example Gonzo picked Steven Adams before Brook Lopez. Brook Lopez has better numbers for the most part (he's a touch lower on career rebounding average). But if I had to pick between those two I would pick Adams first as well.

Reactions: UKcats1988
I don't know if perception is dangerous. For example Gonzo picked Steven Adams before Brook Lopez. Brook Lopez has better numbers for the most part (he's a touch lower on career rebounding average). But if I had to pick between those two I would pick Adams first as well.

I think more accurate way of saying it is "Perception can be really dangerous". As long as you have reason beyond your choices, i think it's okay. But, people perceive something without really understanding value can always backfire.

if you focus on current and past, Lopez does have better metric. But Lopez in general is trending down versus Steven Adams is trending up. For most part the number agrees with that, just because current means one is better than other doesn't mean thats the future

Not to mention, Steven Adams is playing with Westbrook, and he is obviously giving away rebounding to Westbrook. LOL, so you do have to take on some other factors.

Anyways, i am just doing this for my own fun really. Most of this won't matter since everyone is going to vote randomly as **** based off their favorites.

I think it's very unknown on whether he stays healthy or not, but I'd say it is more likely he stays healthy than becomes Greg oden. If we factor injuries, Anthony Davis is more injury prone than anyone, but I don't think we can just assume either of them won't hold up 7 years

The injury histories of AD and Embiid are not comparable. AD is not "more injury prone than anyone."

Reactions: WildMoon
I am a bit surprised that anyone with 246 made 3s from last season is still available. He's had some health issues over the years, but he played 75 games last year, and 60+ in 3 of the last 4. So I'm just going to assume he is now on the mend.

So I'll take Eric Gordon, who's nickname is apparently "The Hobbit." I'd rather not have a nickname if that's the one I had. At any rate, you can never have too many shooters.

Gordoncapture5_zpsv0xjmdh8.gif

You suck. Thats who I was going for right now lol. Id held off this long due to injuries and was going to go big man but i figured why not. Thats what i get for waiting. 6th man of the year last year I believe.

Oh well, guess I'll be sticking to a bigger shooter. I'm going Danilo Gallinari. Got his averages up to 39% from deep last year and makes 2 per game. Good fro 18ppg and 5 boards to go along with being able to play the 3 or 4. I'm unsure if I'll start him or Randle at the 4. Looks like I can expect 60 games out of him a year which isn't too shabby. Just turned 29 so a bit older than I'd like but not too bad. I'm choosing him over someone else similar to what I did with Eric Gordon who @gossie21 took. Hopefully it doesn't happen again by the time it gets back to me lol.

kick @bbn93 as he's a couple rounds behind i believe. Just pass on his picks unless someone is lurking on the forum who would like to make a pick for him

They call Anthony Davis glass bc he's been so fragile. He's been kind of in and out on a daily basis

They call Anthony Davis glass bc he's been so fragile. He's been kind of in and out on a daily basis
You're never gonna win the argument that Davis is as injury prone as Embiid, especially on this board. AD has missed 75 games in 5 seasons, Embiid has missed 200+ games in 3 seasons.

Reactions: Aike
How many picks are due for BBN? I'll go if you guys want me to.

These may not move the needle, but give BBN Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, and James Johnson.

This season, he played 75 games, he missed 3 at the end of the season. Which was like... Meh. Both Boogie and him got shut down for the season.

Same thing happened season before. He played 61 games... and then for his "health." They stopped him from playing last 10 games or so.

Every season except the playoff season (oh i wonder why..) A. Davis stops playing the last 10 games or so. He always does have minor injury but they usually prefer keeping him fully healthy and focuses on draft because their team sucks. Except they keep ****ing up the draft.

Davis could probably play on average 5-8 games per season, but by then it's tank mode and no point.

BTW. Joel Embiid still haven't been cleared to play basketball....

Reactions: Aike
ADVERTISEMENT