ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft rounds 8+

Putting all the players into excel, getting their PER, BPM, VORP, age, and their progression recently.

Interesting...

yes i am bored.

Correct, Embiid a big hit or miss with his health. Embiid should be one of the best centers ever if he can stay healthy. I would be fine playing Porzingis at center also, as I think he's a 4/5, moving Milsap to the 4.

Joel Embiid is a wasted pick.

In his first three years, he played 31 games. Missing first two season completely.

What's worse is that, he was on minute restriction, and no back to back...he still got injured this year.

Now you are asking to
1. Contribute the next 7 seasons.
2. Play more games
3. Player tougher games like playoff

and stay healthy?

Not happening.

Joel Embiid is a wasted pick.

In his first three years, he played 31 games. Missing first two season completely.

What's worse is that, he was on minute restriction, and no back to back...he still got injured this year.

Now you are asking to
1. Contribute the next 7 seasons.
2. Play more games
3. Player tougher games like playoff

and stay healthy?

Not happening.
How do you factor in rookies? Or someone like Ben Simmons. They could be studs. They could be busts but we just don't know yet.

How do you factor in rookies? Or someone like Ben Simmons. They could be studs. They could be busts but we just don't know yet.

General expectation. I need to look up some predicted measure of these players and probably put those in there. Comment on it for now.

However, i'll say this. Some of these rookie picks being picked high is bad idea just simply because they will never be experienced enough to be top player in the league.

Like Deaaron fox as second pick?

That's a terrible pick no matter how you look at it. He will show potential the first few years, and you hope that he progresses forward. Most NBA players don't become top 15 players in first two years unless you are one of these generational type player..which is rare as hell.

Most NBA players don't become top 15 players in first two years unless you are one of these generational type player..which is rare as hell.
Like KAT who is the best player of all time. You don't have to be so obvious about it. Sheesh.

Ya, I think we all kind of were surprised by Fox early in the 2nd round. That one was hard to justify. Even if we all want him to be worth the pick.

Reactions: WildMoon
Joel Embiid is not a wasted pick. If all of the players were redrafted right now he'd go very high. Probably higher than where I drafted him on what he has shown in the time he's been healthy. He had historical numbers last year as a rookie per 36 with 29 12 4 and 4. The only rookie to ever score more points per 36 was Wilt Chamberlain. It's very possible he does stay healthy and if he does, he will be a top 5 player in the league in 3-5 years.

For a guy like Simmons, he's a guy that would be the top guy drafted overall if the last 2 draft classes were put into a class. We don't know much about him, but we do know NBA teams liked him a lot. I think we can safely project he should be a very good to great player, with elite upside.

Joel Embiid is not a wasted pick. If all of the players were redrafted right now he'd go very high. Probably higher than where I drafted him on what he has shown in the time he's been healthy. He had historical numbers last year as a rookie per 36 with 29 12 4 and 4. The only rookie to ever score more points per 36 was Wilt Chamberlain. It's very possible he does stay healthy and if he does, he will be a top 5 player in the league in 3-5 years.

For a guy like Simmons, he's a guy that would be the top guy drafted overall if the last 2 draft classes were put into a class. We don't know much about him, but we do know NBA teams liked him a lot. I think we can safely project he should be a very good to great player, with elite upside.

He's not going to play. So meaningless argument.

Just for the record. He's a hardly a rookie. Dude is 22. AD already at the same point went to playoff in the west with Much higher PER.

Key word "time he played". Yeah he played 31 games only to get injured even with limited play time. Won't stay healthy.

He got injured at Kansas, missed his time in NCAA tournament.

Again. Wasted pick. Dude is Greg Oden. Oh Greg Oden by age 22 played more games. Lol

I feel like the playoffs will be interesting pending matchups. Its going to be up to the voters on how they value the progression or lack there of for the next 7 seasons.

He's not going to play. So meaningless argument.

Just for the record. He's a hardly a rookie. Dude is 22. AD already at the same point went to playoff in the west with Much higher PER.

Key word "time he played". Yeah he played 31 games only to get injured even with limited play time. Won't stay healthy.

He got injured at Kansas, missed his time in NCAA tournament.

Again. Wasted pick. Dude is Greg Oden. Oh Greg Oden by age 22 played more games. Lol
Can't stand Embiid, but this is ludacris. Yes he has been injury plagued, but in 32 games he's showed more offensive ability than Greg Oden ever dreamed. Dude stays healthy he could be the best big in the game. At least one of. I get that he's a risk, but he's a risk worth taking.

Reactions: quest4#9
Joel Embiid has played like 65 games in his entire life. I'm just afraid the dude will never be right. He's a great guy and fun to watch but he's made of peanut brittle.

Reactions: 420grover
That is why I picked the Joker over Embiid I didn't want to deal with everyone injury concerns.

I hope he stays healthy. I doubt it though he has had too many injuries this early in his career doesn't usually bode well for centers

Reactions: WildMoon
Can't stand Embiid, but this is ludacris. Yes he has been injury plagued, but in 32 games he's showed more offensive ability than Greg Oden ever dreamed. Dude stays healthy he could be the best big in the game. At least one of. I get that he's a risk, but he's a risk worth taking.

If you going to debate a point. You should focus on actually debate the argument that i made.

Did i criticize his playing? Hell no...

He got injured in Kansas
Was expected to be back after 1 year, but had a major set back
Came back his third year, played limited minutes, but got injured after 31 games.

How the F are you expecting him to contribute in NBA game for 7 years in a meaningful way? Not to mention, he hasn't even played in PHYSICAL playoff game yet..

Somebody had to roll the dice on Embiid. He's feast or famine, and if you can convince the voters he will stay healthy the. He was a steal.

However in real life if a GM could take Embiid or Joker only the most incompetent GM would take Embiid waaaaay too much risk vs actual production.

Reactions: Aike
I think it's very unknown on whether he stays healthy or not, but I'd say it is more likely he stays healthy than becomes Greg oden. If we factor injuries, Anthony Davis is more injury prone than anyone, but I don't think we can just assume either of them won't hold up 7 years

Fact is its the voters decision. I for one just not going to risk it in the name of competition on a injury prone center regardless of upside. I chose my team specifically for 7 years not one of my players are over the age of 26. All will be going in their prime by year 3 or 4.

I think many voters may write embiid off. But if you think about the potential that a lineup of Russell Durant Simmons porzingis embiid has in 3 years, if embiid holds up and Simmons develops, it's pretty scary

If you going to debate a point. You should focus on actually debate the argument that i made.

Did i criticize his playing? Hell no...

He got injured in Kansas
Was expected to be back after 1 year, but had a major set back
Came back his third year, played limited minutes, but got injured after 31 games.

How the F are you expecting him to contribute in NBA game for 7 years in a meaningful way? Not to mention, he hasn't even played in PHYSICAL playoff game yet..
Y u so angry, pal?

I think many voters may write embiid off. But if you think about the potential that a lineup of Russell Durant Simmons porzingis embiid has in 3 years, if embiid holds up and Simmons develops, it's pretty scary

Be honest. You're actually John Calipari. You want to take big talented freaks and play them out of position.

Think you're doing those guys a disservice by making them guard down a position, and Simmons on the wing hurts his game because his jumper is nonexistent. He's a 4. Zinger is best as a 5. Durant is a 3.

I think it's very unknown on whether he stays healthy or not, but I'd say it is more likely he stays healthy than becomes Greg oden. If we factor injuries, Anthony Davis is more injury prone than anyone, but I don't think we can just assume either of them won't hold up 7 years

Lol no.

Haha my team is a cal like team. I'd have 4 6'10-7'3 guys starting, but I feel Durant can be a 2. Porzingis can handle and step out as a stretch 4. Simmons can definitely be a 3. I could always work in milsap for about 4 more years at an elite level. I think my team is based upon potential more than any other at this point. That would be my argument to a voter.

Haha my team is a cal like team. I'd have 4 6'10-7'3 guys starting, but I feel Durant can be a 2. Porzingis can handle and step out as a stretch 4. Simmons can definitely be a 3. I could always work in milsap for about 4 more years at an elite level. I think my team is based upon potential more than any other at this point. That would be my argument to a voter.

Out of first 4 guys( since I haven't finished) the biggest potential is UKnorse. Your team is also high potential but you do have proven talent in Durant. I think him or Kawhi should be first two picks.

Reactions: DraftCat
Out of first 4 guys( since I haven't finished) the biggest potential is UKnorse. Your team is also high potential but you do have proven talent in Durant. I think him or Kawhi should be first two picks.

Glad you see the high potential hope the voters agree with you.

@UKNorse has high potential as well. I do feel booker and jokic have been defensive liabilities, though they are both young. Many others seem to be a lot higher on jokic than I am. Jokic had the 3rd worst defensive rating for centers in league only behind gorgui and brook lopez

@UKNorse has high potential as well. I do feel booker and jokic have been defensive liabilities, though they are both young. Many others seem to be a lot higher on jokic than I am.

That is fair about Booker and Jokic... I've done my best to stack up on defensive players since then and I've done my job. Most of my bench excels in defense and can be brought in at any point to help shut down a hot player. Also rarely mentioned but young players over the course of 7 years do get better at defense lol

Very true, I suspect booker will become at least a decent defensive player and an elite offensive player. Jokic is certainly elite offensively already.

Updated:

Pick #1 - UKNorse - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nikola Jokic, Devin Booker, Lonzo Ball, Otto Porter Jr. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Jonas Valanciunas, Marcus Smart

Pick #2 - Quest4#9 - Kevin Durant, Kristap Porzingis, Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Paul Milsap, Deangelo Russell, Jeff Teague, Buddy Heild, Jusuf Nurkic

Pick #3 - gonzocat90 - Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green, Chris Paul, Avery Bradley, Markelle Fultz, Steven Adams, Brook Lopez, Gary Harris, Robert Covington

Pick #4 - Ruppsrunts - Lebron James, Isiah Thomas, Andre Drummond, Khris Middleton, Malik Monk, Derrick Favors, Jayson Tatum, Greg Monroe, Elfrid Payton

Pick #5 - usinfantrycat85 - Steph Curry, De'Aaron Fox, Rudy Gobert, Jabari Parker, Harrison Barnes, Edrice Adebayo, Josh Jackson, Brandon Knight, Jonathon Issac

Pick #6 - catsfan3523 - Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal, Myles Turner, Jae Crowder, Trevor Ariza, Dennis Smith Jr, Patrick Beverly

Pick #7 - Frankunderwood - Demarcus Cousins, Kyle Lowry, Serge Ibaka, Eric Bledsoe, Victor Oladipo, Aaron Gordon, Tobias Harris, Rodney Hood

Pick #8 - gossie21 - Karl Towns, Gordon Hayward, CJ McCollum, Mike Conley, Dario Saric, Nikola Vucevic, JJ Redick, Jaylen Brown

Pick #9 - catzman - Russel Westbrook, Demar Derozan, Hassan Whiteside, Marc Gasol, Nicolas Batum, Julius Randle, Jrue Holiday, Evan Fournier

Pick #10 - bbn93 - John Wall, Klay Thompson, Blake Griffin, Nerlens Noel, Zach LaVine, Clint Capela, Goran Dragic

Pick #11 - 420grover - James Harden, Paul George. Deandre Jordan, Kemba Walker, LaMarcus Aldridge, Patrick Patterson, Brandon Ingram, Malcolm Brogdon

Pick #12 - drcats2013 - Jimmy Butler, Damian Lillard, Andrew Wiggins, Kevin Love, Al Horford, Jamal Murray, Dennis Schroeder, Carmelo Anthony

@catsfan3523 otc

I have about a half dozen guys I want to pick and have no rhyme or reason who to go for lol. This is really where inexperience kicks in.

I have about a half dozen guys I want to pick and have no rhyme or reason who to go for lol. This is really where inexperience kicks in.
To be honest, I'm not sure these late round picks impact the voters very much. Although in a real life scenario they could be some of the most important picks.

ADVERTISEMENT