ADVERTISEMENT

Mt St Mary’s @ Kentucky thread

My score in Old Reds game isn't going to be close unless the CATS turn it up a bunch...
This is the thing. We didn’t know whether the previous game was just mad about Duke game or whether they would come out and take care of business; or revert to the norm, playing down to the competition.

We’re getting an inkling now.

Half looked way uglier than the score. Go back to the offense from the other night, sit Brooks if he continues to be a ball stopper.

I don't feel like we are going to put up 1.39 points per possession every night tho.

I don't think the other night is something that can be expected night in night out.

We did shoot the ball pretty well this half FWIW.

Reactions: bbncal02
Statistically Kentucky didn't have that bad a half at all.

We just basically didnt capitalize on their 6 turnovers(i believe we only had 6 points) is what it comes down to.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Press is not easy to run well. We should be glad Cal is even trying it!

Yeah thats kind of my thoughts. For a guy that supposedly doesn't coach... he's got a brand new team working the press FAIRLY well. It's not really his fault that 4 guys chased the ball and Allen made a silly foul.. those mistakes will get fixed with time.

Mixed bag of a half. Some really good defensive stands at time.

MSM really slowing the game down. Affecting our offense.
Yes. And they are not particularly good at slowing it down. We had some good defensive plays but overall the defense is still not up to par, Gonna get some good game film out of this

Yes. And they are not particularly good at slowing it down. We had some good defensive plays but overall the defense is still not up to par, Gonna get some good game film out of this
For sure. We’ve given up a few dumb shots. They’ve hit a couple of tough ones as well. That’s what veteran teams like them do. They aren’t world beaters. But hey play solid basketball and throw different looks at you.

These game threads are great. Got people complaining about the offense when we are shooting 57%. Got some saying TyTy should sit when he’s missed 1 shot. Some hate Brooks. Just a mixed bag. Defense needs to improve in the second half.
Yeah, but what's really funny is you. 90% of your posts are complaints about people complaining.

Can't make this shit up.

Our shot quality has been bad. We are winning by 11 due to some luck from midrange. At the half, we are about 9/16 on 2's not at the rim.

I want to see us spread the court and take at least 15 threes in the second half.
It’s nice to hit those midranges though. Makes you a threat anywhere on the floor.

Our shot quality has been bad. We are winning by 11 due to some luck from midrange. At the half, we are about 9/16 on 2's not at the rim.

I want to see us spread the court and take at least 15 threes in the second half.

That same luck can be put on MSM, who not only doesn't shoot the 3 well, they don't even use it that much.

I dont think Kentucky has been the "lucky" team tonight..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT