ADVERTISEMENT

***** OFFICIAL TEXAS A&M VS KENTUCKY GAME THREAD *****

This is why we harped on the starting lineup all year. Start in a hole by 7 and haven't recovered since. Had a chance to come out and play the good lineup after the half, but no, Cal sticks with the sh*tty lineup, You can't start in a hole every game and play no defense and expect to win.
Then when we do get down a little Cal does the same shit and reverts to playing guys that have no business in the game again for long stretches. Bottom line is Edwards, DJ, and one big has to show up for us to do anything.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
My last comment on starting lineup. When the other team is ahead they play loose. Those 3’s feel much easier when you’re up 5 or 6 from the jump. Start the best fu$&ing players Cal and see if their 3’s go down as easy when they’re behind.

Reactions: Girthang
I'm not even mad.

I'm just numb. Cal reminded me tonight why I should never put my hope in a team he coaches. He has a way of destroying all hope like no other.
Yep, I got my hopes up a bit after we plays soooo damn well against UT AT UT. We even played.......looks up word.....defense?

Eff Cal dude. Wish he would go Vandy at this point.

There is no bright spot for Kentucky.

There is one for TAMU.

TAMU has highly underachieved this season amd beaten UK twice. They should have been better than 9-9 in the conference. They have the kind of guards that can win you games in March.
They are almost dead last in 3 point shooting. They aren't winning a damn thing. Except 2 trophies for beating UK apparently, because that's all they show up for.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I sure hope so.. It's gonna be an all Alabama final. in front of an empty areana What a damn joke.

Getting real tired of having my weekends ruined by John Vincent Calipari.
Lmao. When they're hyping up some dude in the post game show from a .500 football school team about how the "gold standard" can't guard him, UK stinks.

Reactions: catzcan
All I can say is walk the walk Cal. I’m tired of hearing BS. You don’t care about the SEC, it’s all about next week huh. Well you better get them on a hell of a run or else we will pack your shit. Because today was a typical Cal performance when it matters IMO. Where you at @UKBB4Ever?
As much as I don't like our coach, I blame the players as much as I do the coach. When it comes to defense, these guys are heartless. Our bigs from a consistency perspective are worthless. They put up no real resistance and they don't make guards fear driving the lane.

Yup but he was far from our problem man. Game plan was shit, what’s the purpose of having tape on them from the first game if we play them the exact same way. It was a carbon copy. Except even worse defense today.
The 5 turnovers were a problem. I'm not blaming him for the loss, there is plenty of that to go around for everyone. As good as he is offensively, his quickness and athleticism there is no excuse for this team to be as sorry as they are defensively. Goes for the entire team. If it makes you all feel better, he wasn't the only one out of control. Reed made some terrible passes especially throwing the ball away right as they crossed the halfcourt line and screwing up off the pass from Ugo. Total team failure from the players and coaching staff.

Then when we do get down a little Cal does the same shit and reverts to playing guys that have no business in the game again for long stretches. Bottom line is Edwards, DJ, and one big has to show up for us to do anything.
I think Edwards has to be the one . He’s the X factor . He doesn’t have to have 30 but going from where he has been to 2 pts tonight is disappointing .

Reactions: Fox2monk
I get the sentiment for those of you that are numb

but I'm mad as hell

This is the best effort Cal has

and its not enough, so far its not even close to being enough

I don't understand the support he gets, I don't understand the contract, I don't understand how our AD doesn't get in his face and tear him a new one.

I think some of these guys see this a pitstop on their way to becoming millionaires so they are simply not willing to do the work on defense to win games. It would be foolish to bet on this team because you simply don't know what you will get from one game to the next.
Yep, that is all it is. Felt that way for years. A pit stop to build their brands along the way.

The 5 turnovers were a problem. I'm not blaming him for the loss, there is plenty of that to go around for everyone. As good as he is offensively, his quickness and athleticism there is no excuse for this team to be as sorry as they are defensively. Goes for the entire team. If it makes you all feel better, he wasn't the only one out of control. Reed made some terrible passes especially throwing the ball away right as they crossed the halfcourt line and screwing up off the pass from Ugo. Total team failure from the players and coaching staff.
I agree sloppy, but we had zero ball movement. We haven’t turned it over much this year, and passed beautifully. Lots of old school Cal one on one tonight. He gets tight and reverts to doing what his weaknesses are every time now.

Reactions: cathouse and M4CAT
I feel so bad for the players!!! Piss poor game preparation!!!! Piss poor in game adjustments!!!!!! CAL CAN’T ADJUST A HIGH BALL SCREEN!!!!!!!!! Pee wee basketball Coaching!!!!!!!!

Texas A&M buries three more 3s in the span of 109 seconds. The Aggies, who rank 360th in 3%, are now 11 of 24 from deep.

Reactions: blubo
As fans, we are extremely disappointed. Some of the players, they are unhappy about not getting the positive headlines, but as for the hurting because they lost the game, I seriously doubt if they lose any sleep over it. I think someone posted a couple days ago that our coach said he really didn't care about this tourney. If he actually said that, his players believed him and played that way.

Reactions: RunninRichie

but I'm mad as hell

I don't understand the support he gets, I don't understand the contract, I don't understand how our AD doesn't get in his face and tear him a new one.
I usually am numb but like you this time I found myself pissed off. Ignorantly bought into this team after some really big wins and thought this team was different. We would finally see them turn the corner with the whole team back together for the first time. Still just as sorry defensively as ever at the wrong time.

Reactions: blubo

but I'm mad as hell

I'll NEVER be numb. I'm PISSED. The pissed just doesn't last as long anymore.

I agree sloppy, but we had zero ball movement. We haven’t turned it over much this year, and passed beautifully. Lots of old school Cal one on one tonight. He gets tight and reverts to doing what his weaknesses are every time now.
I agree, the ball movement tonight was nonexistent. Absolutely horse shit for the capable guards on this team and never could get anything going tonight. They have to get someone like Keshad Johnson this time around with a reputation of being a defender out of the portal. This team would be great if they played like some of Cal's early defensive teams.

Yep, that is all it is. Felt that way for years. A pit stop to build their brands along the way.
At times, Z is as lazy on defense as one can be. He stands around watching and avoids contact. His best attribute is or should be his scoring. If he isn't scoring, he is rather worthless on the court.

Last edited:
Reactions: M4CAT and blubo
Yup I posted that for the first time he played zone and it worked then immediately went back to man
I just don’t understand how people including Cal can’t see with their own eyes how easy it is for opponents to get open look 3s against our man defense. Just have to move the first piece then everything breaks down on rotation

sheppard would be the leading scorer on any team other than the team coached by calipari

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT