ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official Bama vs Kentucky Game Thread *****

So weird that we can't play as well without DJ or Thiero as we can play without Mitchell. Probably just an asterisk with most of the group now finally catching up. Cal might want to keep Tre out until the last week of the season to get him back if he's coming back.
I think it’s because the defensive issues . Offense is easier to recognize than defense . So you have people saying DJ isn’t contributing at all without acknowledging he sort of took out Sears early . With that said he definitely can’t be on the floor much if his offense is gonna continue at this rate .

I’m still in the camp that thinks Mitchell is needed some but not for 35 mins of course .

Reactions: jameslee32
Thing is this is a much better team with a productive Edwards.

Ditto Wagner. Maybe it’s not so much playing favors but rather getting guys going so that we have the best possible shot in March.

Wagner did have good games before the injury. We can’t ignore that

Thing is this is a much better team with a productive Edwards.

Ditto Wagner. Maybe it’s not so much playing favors but rather getting guys going so that we have the best possible shot in March.

Wagner did have good games before the injury. We can’t ignore that
I think Wagner has to play, but his minutes should be 15-18 a game. Not 25-30+

Reactions: The_Answer1313
I think it’s because the defensive issues . Offense is easier to recognize than defense . So you have people saying DJ isn’t contributing at all without acknowledging he sort of took out Sears early . With that said he definitely can’t be on the floor much if his offense is gonna continue at this rate .

I’m still in the camp that thinks Mitchell is needed some but not for 35 mins of course .
I agree with this. Thiero, DJ and Mitchell all make our defense better on the floor together. Ugo probably has to join them with Reed/Reeves for maybe our best team on that end of the court. Let's also not forget we had the 33 point lead, Thiero fouls out and the defense wasn't quite the same again. Not that it mattered at that point.

Thinking about it now, I don't think Reeves is getting any credit at all for his defensive effort all year really. His scoring ability simply overshadows it.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT