ADVERTISEMENT

Mt St Mary’s @ Kentucky thread

The KY process has some fans out of their minds. This model has so much pressure on frosh to be dominant right away. TY had 16 points, 2-3 from 3, 7-12 from the floor,. He has some TOs but geez. Anywhere else and folks would be enthralled with this kid’s play thus far.
Oh, pardon me, somehow those stats make him a super star. Hmm, who knew?

And people were salivating for Bennett to come here. HELL NO.
Who? I never saw anyone say they wanted Bennett.

Look, it's cool to call out others for oddball comments, but is it too much to ask that those comments actually happen?

I'll pretend for a moment you are not that dense .
Cal is sending a message to others about how to play hard on both ends of the floor for every second. Using Oscar’s effort and attitude as an teaching example to the others. Oscar plays so damn hard it becomes difficult to take
him out. Also, I’m sure he’s also trying to help Oscar learn how to play without fouling. If he plays limited minutes against better teams, because of foul trouble, the team will struggle profoundly. He needs to be on the floor in those games, which is clear to everyone by now.

Rupp did the same thing with Dan Issel.

That is how I saw this as an exemplary teaching moment.

Look, it's cool to call out others for oddball comments, but is it too much to ask that those comments actually happen?
There have been plenty of people who’ve said Bennett should get a look.

Cal is sending a message to others about how to play hard on both ends of the floor for every second. Using Oscar’s effort and attitude as an teaching example to the others. Oscar plays so damn hard it becomes difficult to take
him out. Also, I’m sure he’s also trying to help Oscar learn how to play without fouling. If he plays limited minutes against better teams, because of foul trouble, the team will struggle profoundly. He needs to be on the floor in those games, which is clear to everyone by now.

Rupp did the same thing with Dan Issel.

That is how I saw this as an exemplary teaching moment.
Ok , if thats you take , dude rolls a ankle with 3 min play , ahead 25 , then that exemplary teaching moment is the most bone headed move in Ky hoops history .

Last edited:
Ok , if thats you take , dude rolls a ankle with 3 min play , ahead 25 , that that exemplary teaching moment is the most bone headed move in Ky hoops history .
I agree. It is a calculated risk, for sure.
No question.

Last edited:
Big man has shocked me. Did not expect a motor like that and non stop. Antigua said you rarely see a big like that with that good of feet or that kind of motor. Maybe he will rub off on another big where we two playing that hard. Thought they said Wheeler has broke Kentucky's record the first three games with 30 assists already. And only one turnover is super impressive. Antigua said his defense has been stellar. Can be switched to the hot man and do the job. Glad to see Brooks play better but would like to see him hitting the boards a little harder.

Reactions: megablue
Big man has shocked me. Did not expect a motor like that and non stop. Antigua said you rarely see a big like that with that good of feet or that kind of motor. Maybe he will rub off on another big where we two playing that hard. Thought they said Wheeler has broke Kentucky's record the first three games with 30 assists already. And only one turnover is super impressive. Antigua said his defense has been stellar. Can be switched to the hot man and do the job. Glad to see Brooks play better but would like to see him hitting the boards a little harder.

tumblr_mjua52vxvp1rbccyqo1_500.gif

There were a lot of people mentioned Bennett for the coach here. Prisoner of the moment. Like Baylors coach and like Texas coach one season doesn't make you worthwhile

Let me guess, those people made a list and Bennett was 8th or 9th. Nobody would list him in their top 5, if so, I'd love to see it.
You can attempt to downplay it all you want, but the fact of the matter is that there are people here who think Bennett is a desirable candidate.

Digging up old threads to find things is not my cup of tea. But you have the time and are so inclined, go look in some old coaching threads and have at it.

You can attempt to downplay it all you want, but the fact of the matter is that there are people here who think Bennett is a desirable candidate.

Digging up old threads to find things is not my cup of tea. But you have the time and are so inclined, go look in some old coaching threads and have at it.
I'm on here every day and I don't recall ever seeing Bennett mentioned as a serious candidate. No uk fan wants that style of play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT