ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official Bama vs Kentucky Game Thread *****

I think that is completely dependent on what type of game it is. We have certainly eliminated Bradshaw from the picture though. Hopefully Mitchell comes back near 100% and we play him at the 5 with Ugo and Z playing spot minutes. We can't rebound any worse than we have so just play Mitchell at the 5.
A smart coach would make it the kind of game for Z to play well in. Z has the skills to make opponents have to take notice of him. He rolls to the basket much better than anyone else and he has excellent hands to catch the ball. He can play inside and he can play outside. He has a great shooting touch that needs to be used as much as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: cathouse
A huge thing in the tournament is if we get a draw that lets him play big minutes like he did tonight. We have a rotation that lets us flex, but today let us see that we’re at our best when Ivisic can get out and play. It’s not something I’m counting on still as Bama was really unimpressive on defense, but it was nice to see another big performance from Z. UK just has a ton of weapons, and that’s why no one has been able to write them off just yet.
I’ve seen Kentucky paired with creighton that would be one he can play in

It's not rocket science...

Dilly
Reeves
Edwards
Thiero
Z

Shep
Mitchell
Ugo
Wagner
Have to change the lethargic starting lineup, but he won’t. Only offensive threat is Reeves. I’m beginning to think Wagner is either a multi year player or a bust. Bradshaw is a bust. Edwards is making great progress.

Come tourney time, Calipari better not do stall ball. I want this team to crush every team
Besides Edwards incredible shooting, the main difference was the driving lanes were clogged with Ugo or Bradshaw preventing our drivers from breaking down the defense.

I missed a good one. Hopefully I will find a replay somewhere. I said we would not win today as LSU hangover was a possibility. With a young team you never know what you are gonna get. It makes is exciting and worrisome all in one.

A smart coach would make it the kind of game for Z to play well in. Z has the skills to make opponents have to take notice of him. He rolls to the basket much better than anyone else and he has excellent hands to catch the ball. He can inside and he can play outside. He has a great shooting touch that needs to be used as much as possible.
Yes … PNR is always there with him !!!
Just have to WAIT for his screens.

Alabama started the game 4/4 from 3 finished the game going 2 for their next 13 from 3.

At least that happened. Have to clean up how many dunks/layups we gave up on D but at least they started to guard the 3 some

Reactions: howercat
Moved up from 23 to 17 in kenpom

DEF EFF stayed about the same still at 80
OFF EFF only went up from 9 to 8

Alabama DEF EFF dropped like a rock down to 99

they clearly didn't care if Bama scored in the last 3 minutes

not sure what the takeaway from that is.

The biggest issue in this game is Wagner. He has to contribute if he is on the floor

The biggest issue in this game is Wagner. He has to contribute if he is on the floor
Probably trying not to foul out. Refs were pretty whistle happy the last 6 minutes.

honest question, I don't know

would a Pitino coached UK team do that
Maybe? Who knows. Completely different era of ball and completely different time in college sports.

I know Pitino right now is having the most miserable time of his life and issuing Greyhounds to his players.

Maybe? Who knows. Completely different era of ball and completely different time in college sports.

I know Pitino right now is having the most miserable time of his life and issuing Greyhounds to his players.
I'm not sure the era has anything to do with it, nor does whatever is happening to Pitino now

the point is, its a teaching moment, its a mindset of a team, and since when do you trust a freshmen team to decide when to let off the gas

Listening to Cal in his post-game, he is praising DJ, talked about how we probably lost at LSU because he didn't play him enough in the second half. Ugh, he is gonna go down with the ship with this guy. Last thing I wanted to hear.
yea, we know Cal by now. Truth and Transparency are optional in his press conferences

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
I'm not sure the era has anything to do with it, nor does whatever is happening to Pitino now

the point is, its a teaching moment, its a mindset of a team, and since when do you trust a freshmen team to decide when to let off the gas
Is what it is. There’s two weeks left in the regular season. We beat the No 1 offense by 22. I’m not griping tonight. On to the next.

A smart coach would make it the kind of game for Z to play well in. Z has the skills to make opponents have to take notice of him. He rolls to the basket much better than anyone else and he has excellent hands to catch the ball. He can play inside and he can play outside. He has a great shooting touch that needs to be used as much as possible.
Excellent point. No one gets more talent than Cal. But then he coaches reactively to what the other teams plan is. You have the most talent Cal. Make them adjust to you.

Reactions: 1war
Listening to Cal in his post-game, he is praising DJ, talked about how we probably lost at LSU because he didn't play him enough in the second half. Ugh, he is gonna go down with the ship with this guy. Last thing I wanted to hear.
He actually said that?

So weird that we can't play as well without DJ or Thiero as we can play without Mitchell. Probably just an asterisk with most of the group now finally catching up. Cal might want to keep Tre out until the last week of the season to get him back if he's coming back.

Didn't get to see this one due to a prior obligation. Man, good to see the team rip one. I had a feeling that they'd match up well with Alabama. But man, I wasn't expecting this type of a margin.

He is becoming unplayable. I feel bad for him

He is becoming unplayable. I feel bad for him
yes, and more importantly, everyone knows it.

if he has a game like he had tonight in the tournament and UK loses, Cal will be universally hated.

I hope Wagner has great games and contributes but if he isn't, Cal can't play him. There is no margin for error from here on out

Reactions: law1127
Blah. We sorta gave up I guess. But not good to let them get 95.

In the end they score 1.18. Predicted 1.17.
Basically did as expected but then again we did let up quite a bit at the end which had the game been closer who knows maybe we don’t.

Offense 1.46. 6th highest in the KP era and our 3rd game this season with a top 10 team record in efficiency

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT