ADVERTISEMENT

mike leach getting spanked....

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, but, but - the market place; other than UT, didn't want him, Brian. That means he can't be a better option than Stoops because we're UK and have the same options as FSU and UF. ;)

I’m definitely missing BD’s point with that argument.

Reactions: RonEJones
So. Injuries limited Leach's options for WSU's bowl? If UK loses today, will you come back and discuss the impact of injuries to Mosier, Baker, Conrad plus Haynes' illness on Stoops' options? I am inclined to doubt that, because your mind is already made up, and that means you will not change it. But if Leach is such a great coach, how come no other P5 school hired him this year, when 11 P5 head coaching jobs were open? With 11 jobs open, you would think someone would want Leach if he is as good as you say.

Why do you keep harping on this hiring BS?

No one is saying Leach is Lombardi.

No one said he is great. Far gap between Stoops and great, several coaches fit in there.

Some just think he is better than Stoops as of today.

Why interject the hyperbole?

But they looked awful. A couple of Leach lovers are really going apoplectic.

I thought they looked awful so if you are putting words into my mouth you will just look dumb again.

They were less awful than us versus UL so I’m not sure why you guys are pumping your chests out.

So. Injuries limited Leach's options for WSU's bowl? If UK loses today, will you come back and discuss the impact of injuries to Mosier, Baker, Conrad plus Haynes' illness on Stoops' options? I am inclined to doubt that, because your mind is already made up, and that means you will not change it. But if Leach is such a great coach, how come no other P5 school hired him this year, when 11 P5 head coaching jobs were open? With 11 jobs open, you would think someone would want Leach if he is as good as you say.

If they were lost right before the bowl game, leaving Stoops only a few weeks to prepare, I'll give him a pass. Deal?

UT hired him. He was fired for the Schiano cluster prior to be able to seal the deal. Part of the Fulmer plan. Nothing to do with Leach. Are you going to continue to spout that false narrative to make Stoops look better?

Of course you are. P5 athletics directors can't possibly understand the coaching marketplace as well as you and RonEJones.

Listen Barney, your argument is stupid.

You love to come across as the smartest guy on the board and that’s why many don’t like you.

No one EVER said Leach was great, just better than Stoops today.

That’s it.

Him not getting offered means nothing, how much help do you need?

Your head is so far up Mitch’s ass I’m surprised you can see to even read these posts.

And they didn’t want Stoops either.

So....?

Come to think of it this the only HC category these guys are equal in... neither were offered a job by the schools you mentioned.

I guess you can count that as a win for Stoops....

So ... So this, you and others repeatedly act as if UK has a bad coach and Leach is an upper echelon coach who “actually wanted to be here.” Whether he did or not is irrelevant, he is not an upper echelon coach. He is a fine coach who has had really nice moments, but has also had real bonehead moments as a coach. The relevance of Leach on this board comes from you and posters like you. If the Leach Dreamers did not exist, we would have a discussion about last night’s game that resembles most non-UK discussions. More observation than opinion.

The fact is that you pine for a coach who is not seen by others outside of this population as the coach you claim him to be. I would have the same response if you continually posted that Tubberville wanted to come to UK and we could have Tubberville right now if we wanted him. So....?

Now, whether it is your love of Leach or your hatred of Stoops, or some combination of the two, I truly don’t know (if this is about Mitch, I know the answer with you), but you align yourself with the RonE’s of the world to make your point and that guy’s point is that UK sucks and cannot expect ever to have a better coach than Mike Leach, even though we know Leach is not a great coach. We should be settling for Leach rather than settling for Stoops. Woo Hoo!!!! (If we had Mike Leach as a coach and this thread was about Stoops doing well someplace else, I would have the same response)

If there was evidence that Saban wanted to come to UK, I would never respond to the Saban Dreamers. But, Leach has skills Stoops has not displayed and Stoops has skills that Leach has not displayed. They both have good wins and they both have real clunkers. It would be a lateral move and a move right now would be stupid.

So, take your lumps when Leach has another bad night, because we all expect you and others to be all Leach Pumpy when he again has a nice moment on the field.

Listen Barney, your argument is stupid.

You love to come across as the smartest guy on the board and that’s why many don’t like you.

No one EVER said Leach was great, just better than Stoops today.

That’s it.

Him not getting offered means nothing, how much help do you need?

Your head is so far up Mitch’s ass I’m surprised you can see to even read these posts.

And, your head explodes.

Reactions: brianpoe
I thought they looked awful so if you are putting words into my mouth you will just look dumb again.

They were less awful than us versus UL so I’m not sure why you guys are pumping your chests out.

Because that's all they got. They can't put their comparative records against each other or accomplishments. They can't deny that Leach has a track record attractive to a program like UK. They can't even compare defenses because the offense guy who only cares about O has a better D.

1. So they look at one or two games where they laid an egg, had a bad matchup, etc. and use this an referendum on his entire tenure.

2. Then they puff their chests out about the SEC - as if it's 10 years ago, and state a passing offense won't work, even though Ole Miss and MO was doing pretty good with it.

3. That does work? They try and say no one else wants him.

4. They call you obsessed with Leach, etc.

5. They say you are undermining the program (a jauk11 favorite) and accuse you of being a rival fan - typically UL.

That's the sunshine pumper playbook. They borrowed it from the Tubby Super Friends group from back in the day.

(Edited to add play #5).

Last edited:
So ... So this, you and others repeatedly act as if UK has a bad coach and Leach is an upper echelon coach who “actually wanted to be here.” Whether he did or not is irrelevant, he is not an upper echelon coach. He is a fine coach who has had really nice moments, but has also had real bonehead moments as a coach. The relevance of Leach on this board comes from you and posters like you. If the Leach Dreamers did not exist, we would have a discussion about last night’s game that resembles most non-UK discussions. More observation than opinion.

The fact is that you pine for a coach who is not seen by others outside of this population as the coach you claim him to be. I would have the same response if you continually posted that Tubberville wanted to come to UK and we could have Tubberville right now if we wanted him. So....?

Now, whether it is your love of Leach or your hatred of Stoops, or some combination of the two, I truly don’t know (if this is about Mitch, I know the answer with you), but you align yourself with the RonE’s of the world to make your point and that guy’s point is that UK sucks and cannot expect ever to have a better coach than Mike Leach, even though we know Leach is not a great coach. We should be settling for Leach rather than settling for Stoops. Woo Hoo!!!! (If we had Mike Leach as a coach and this thread was about Stoops doing well someplace else, I would have the same response)

If there was evidence that Saban wanted to come to UK, I would never respond to the Saban Dreamers. But, Leach has skills Stoops has not displayed and Stoops has skills that Leach has not displayed. They both have good wins and they both have real clunkers. It would be a lateral move and a move right now would be stupid.

So, take your lumps when Leach has another bad night, because we all expect you and others to be all Leach Pumpy when he again has a nice moment on the field.

This is where you and blue decade are so damn wrong.

No one said Stoops is not horrible or Leach is great. He is simply better today.

And if you two would read the OP it was one of your pumper asses that started the thread not a Leach lover.

Leach is never coming, I hope Stoops can get us to where we need to be, doesn’t mean he is better than other coaches nor that he can’t become better himself.

The assumptions you people make about my opinion or feelings is arrogant from both of you.

If they were lost right before the bowl game, leaving Stoops only a few weeks to prepare, I'll give him a pass. Deal?

UT hired him. He was fired for the Schiano cluster prior to be able to seal the deal. Part of the Fulmer plan. Nothing to do with Leach. Are you going to continue to spout that false narrative to make Stoops look better?
UT did not "hire" Leach. UT fired John Currie for opening negotiations with Leach. Currie wasn't fired immediately over Schiano. But he was immediately fired for pursuing Leach. That's damning. Get your facts straight. You are going off on this board without actual facts.

UT did not "hire" Leach. UT fired John Currie for opening negotiations with Leach. That's damning. Get your facts straight. You are going off on this board without any actual facts.

Sunshine Pumping Playbook move #3 - Act like no one wanted him even though it doesn't matter and their accusations are false.

For someone who thinks their the smartest guy in the room, can you provide a link to show Currie was fired for trying to hire Leach? Thanks in advance as I can't seem to find one.

This is true, this guy’s arrogance is awful, and mostly to others. I can debate with anyone here and have since 2001 but....
Speaking of arrogance, I wonder how many people here know the real story Brian. I won't get all the way into it, since that isn't necessary. But when you accuse others of arrogance, you are leaving a lot out.

Speaking of arrogance, I wonder how many people here know the real story Brian. I won't get all the way into it, since that isn't necessary. But when you accuse others of arrogance, you are leaving a lot out.

Every poster knows about me, you aren’t breaking any news Nancy Grace.

You are an arrogant ass, it’s been said multiple times by multiple posters. Your elitism and superiority attitude is comical. But maybe we are all wrong?

And you know who I am because I use my real name, talk smack but stay hidden behind that username of yours....

This is true, this guy’s arrogance is awful, and mostly to others. I can debate with anyone here and have since 2001 but....

He's lost it. Went totally schitzo after a few of us smacked him around over Stoops. Now he's attached that obsession on Leach and anytime his name is mentioned he turns into a clown show.

I hope he gets help.

I am not a Stoops critic or a Stoops advocate. I just want bowl games, better classes, year over year program improvement.

Amen.

When Brooks was under attack from the clueless, they had a field day trying to bring UK down, but Brooks was the right man to attempt to dig us out and their voices were silenced for a while when he demonstrated that fact. Now, those same voices or many like them are trying to thwart improvement by continually harping on the negative (and the negative exists, no doubt, but must be viewed in a proper context by fans). And, if they do not know they are doing that, they are simply ignorant. If Stoops fails, we will see it. That is clearly not now. These posters would have tossed Beamer early and VTech’s reputation and history would likely be vastly less significant. While there is improvement at UK from the dumpster fire we saw at the end of the Joker era, we need to be patient and see where Stoops can take us. If we see backsliding or a sustained plateau, re-evaluation will be understandable.

While I think UK could have won more games this year, I remain amazed that UK can lose a Boom, Badet, Mosier, Haynes, Toth, Baker, and others off last year’s offense and still win 7 games and go to a bowl. That just would not happen under past regimes. It is an aberration in our history and one to appreciate.

But, if I was a UL fan who did not want the improvement to continue, I would join the litany of Leach Dreamers and Stoops bashers to discourage and hopefully thwart. And, if I was a UK fan who wanted more, I would not want to support that sentiment.

Every poster knows about me, you aren’t breaking any news Nancy Grace.

You are an arrogant ass, it’s been said multiple times by multiple posters. Your elitism and superiority attitude is comical. But maybe we are all wrong?

And you know who I am because I use my real name, talk smack but stay hidden behind that username of yours....

It's an act. If he was the truly the 2nd coming of Stephen Hawking, he could find a reputable link backing up his claim that Currie was fired for trying to hire Mike Leach.

Amen.

When Brooks was under attack from the clueless, they had a field day trying to bring UK down, but Brooks was the right man to attempt to dig us out and their voices were silenced for a while when he demonstrated that fact. Now, those same voices or many like them are trying to thwart improvement by continually harping on the negative (and the negative exists, no doubt, but must be viewed in a proper context by fans). And, if they do not know they are doing that, they are simply ignorant. If Stoops fails, we will see it. That is clearly not now. These posters would have tossed Beamer early and VTech’s reputation and history would likely be vastly less significant. While there is improvement at UK from the dumpster fire we saw at the end of the Joker era, we need to be patient and see where Stoops can take us. If we see backsliding or a sustained plateau, re-evaluation will be understandable.

While I think UK could have won more games this year, I remain amazed that UK can lose a Boom, Badet, Mosier, Haynes, Toth, Baker, and others off last year’s offense and still win 7 games and go to a bowl. That just would not happen under past regimes. It is an aberration in our history and one to appreciate.

But, if I was a UL fan who did not want the improvement to continue, I would join the litany of Leach Dreamers and Stoops bashers to discourage and hopefully thwart. And, if I was a UK fan who wanted more, I would not want to support that sentiment.

So are you accusing me of wanting to thwart our team’s progress?

I’m a UL fan?

Just because I think Leach is a better coach?

Really?

Last edited:

Their argument is that Stoops is bad to mediocre and we should replace him with a coach no other P5 team would hire. We can be the same or a bit better, but we will have LEACH!!! I believe the AD who hired him at WSU was hired this year by Nebraska. No one ever suggested that Nebraska would hire Leach. The very AD who hired him to WSU did not consider him for Nebraska. Nebraska. Not the Osborne Nebraska, but the current Nebraska that has never been able to regain that luster.

If Stoops is fired or leaves, I would hope we seek a better coach than Mike Leach, but would understand if we settled for Leach. Its not as if UK has great hiring power in the football coaching market. But, then, those that do have that power, did not choose Leach and only the dumpster fire at UT even considered him in a moment of desperation that was quickly squelched. That is objective evidence of his reputation as a coach in the football world. Not the kind of guy you pine for, but rather the kind of guy you settle for.

UT did not "hire" Leach. UT fired John Currie for opening negotiations with Leach. Currie wasn't fired immediately over Schiano. But he was immediately fired for pursuing Leach. That's damning. Get your facts straight. You are going off on this board without actual facts.

He was reined in and brought home and the check book closed when it looked like he would hire Leach. I think that is undeniable. Had Leach been a viable option, they may have still fired him, but would not have ruined the deal with Leach. He was fired and Leach was never mentioned again. That is relevant to those who truly want to assess Mike as an HC.

Oh, you are quite the fragile snowflake. LOL

More imitation/flattery? You are becoming a big fan, Cavie.

Maybe I'll take you under my wing and teach you how to stay in your lane one day? If you listen, you may be able to sit at the adult table with the rest of us. :)

Leach will never coach here, ever. He’s one dimensional and that’s never going to work in the sec anyway. Why you Leach defenders get so tore up over a coach you’ll never have as a UK fan is fascinating, to what end? You guys build him up to a demi god, so don’t get all hurt when he gets torn down for not living up to it.
stools is 'no dimensional'

So are you accusing me of wanting to thwart our team’s progress?

I’m a UL fan?

Just because I think Leach is a better coach?

Really?

(1) every post is not about you, even if you feel it is
(2) I included other options than the ones you offered, pick one of those
(3) There are a number of coaches I think are better than Stoops, I think we should all be thankful I do not constantly post that fact

You know who talks about children and adult tables? Old ladies and children.

That made absolutely no sense. So much so that I gave you a pity "like".

You are obsessed with me. Following me around on other threads like 8th grade girl with a raging crush.

Let's keep our discussions away from positive conversations; shall we? If we want to talk about how bad Stoops is or you get a woody to trash Leach so that you feel better about our situation, then we can smack each other around.

Otherwise, quit stalking, bro.

With the bean counter, non-risk taking AD we have, you may be right for once in your life.

Stoops is one of only coaches attainable by UK who can take a garbage team in a good conference and consistently win. Your type exaggerates the stereo type like we think he’s Nick Saban. He has his flaws but would win here.

Instead we are stuck with Stoops.

Xception pumps Stoops, thinks UK sucks in football and can't do any better than we do, but craps on a guy like leech who is 10x the coach Stoops is.

I had to put his obnoxious crap on ignore, took it off, read the thread and put him back on. He does nothing but contradict himself.

Same way people know Bigfoot is fake. It’s called common sense.
Really? Kinda like Saban who didn't light the world on fire his first couple of years? Or Frank Beamer his first 7 or 8 years? Yeah, Big foot and coaching is two different things. Not even a good comparison at all.

How do you know Stoops won't?

Because he can't coach defense at UK, can't coach offense at all, has handcuffed his OC's (3 different guys - same results 5 years in with his recruits), is not prepared, choked in big games, has not shown anything in 5 years that points to him being special, etc. Not to mention he had the easiest schedule of my lifetime and only pulled out 7 wins.

Do you have any evidence supporting that he will win 9 one day?

Reactions: BlueRunner11
No, what I’m saying is UK had plenty of chances and if we had a good coach it would have happened.
So the players had nothing to do with it? The other team.had nothing to do with it? Gotcha. Again, those who lack knowledge always blame the coach. Wake up. This isn't video games. Do you blame yourself when you call a great play on your video game and the player fumbles or drops the pass? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT