ADVERTISEMENT

Drew’s gonna be the guy

Couldnt be more wrong...

Couldn't be more wrong...Drew began his coaching career as an assistant for Valparaiso under his father Homer Drew. Following his father's retirement in 2002, Drew would serve as the head coach of Valparaiso for one season before being hired by Baylor in 2003. Drew took over Baylor as a program in ruins, following decades of mediocre-to-poor performance and a public scandal that resulted in numerous NCAA sanctions. After four seasons rebuilding the program, Drew turned Baylor from a program with only one NCAA tournament appearance since 1950 into a perennial tournament contender appearing in 10 of 13 tournaments since 2008. In 2021, Drew would lead Baylor to a Big 12 championship, 28–2 record and their first ever NCAA championship. Drew's turnaround at Baylor is considered by many to be one of the best in the history of college sports.
We don’t need a guy to take 10 years to rebuild we need a coach who brings excitement day 1. This guy had one really good year which was Cals worst so that COVID title has an asterisk

A good point brought up about Donovan is that he has no guys to bring with him from the portal. No one to follow like Kenny Brooks has done with his Va Tech players. I can see that being an issue and I can see it being a problem having to wait til the NBA play-in round.

It’s not an exciting hire but Drew would arrive with the best resume we’ve ever had of a new coach.

That’s what I’m saying. Starting at 11M for Hurley. Who knows that may be enough on its face. UConn is operating at a reported 30M loss. They may not match dollar for dollar. Maybe he won’t care or maybe we raise the offer until he says it’s too much to turn down. After that, we still have Billy D and possible Oats. I haven’t heard if we will talk to him or not.
UConn doesn’t have a Power Conference football program to generate enough revenue to carry all their programs. It’s why they invest so much into both Nens and Women’s basketball. They probably draw pretty comparable attendance figures

Reactions: Fox2monk
UConn doesn’t have a Power Conference football program to generate enough revenue to carry all their programs. It’s why they invest so much into both Nens and Women’s basketball. They probably draw pretty comparable attendance figures
Exactly the reason I’d lay down to Hurley, we can pay you forever and in a couple years UConn may not be able to compete at all. We are in the best conference for stability with plenty of cash forever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT