ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Parrish is an idiot.

Its two games in a row with solid defensive improvement and I said trying to turn the corner. You said in another thread that you hope we lose every game if it made Cal leave. If that was some ine else I apologize but pretty sure it was you and thats jut wrong

Its two games in a row with solid defensive improvement and I said trying to turn the corner. You said in another thread that you hope we lose every game if it made

Still doesn’t make it right. What’s the point of playing games if people decide based on their personal vendetta how good a team is regardless of actual results.

Kentucky has had some bad games but is no doubt playing better and that should be reflected.

In the end it will all sort itself out, or it won’t. Beating Texas an and m didn’t make any difference a few years ago. And they made dang sure to have 2014 40-0 hype team vs the actual team that could have gone 40-0.

Not sure the human element will ever be out of rankings and brackets.
It’s his friggin personal poll he can rank vandy number one for all I care. You guys get too torn up over the wrong things. Well some people do

Its two games in a row with solid defensive improvement and I said trying to turn the corner. You said in another thread that you hope we lose every game if it made Cal leave. If that was some ine else I apologize but pretty sure it was you and thats jut wrong
That’s a little misunderstood. The way I look at it is that if Cal stays another 5 seasons averaging 10-12 losses per season. That’s another 50-60 losses. Not to mention he will never make another FF and very doubtful he wins the SEC again.

I hate when we lose. But I will take 6-7 more losses this season if it means getting rid of Cal to avoid 50-60 more losses.

And to get a coach that cares about UK and about winning over getting players drafted.

Or we can simultaneously be unhappy with the current state of our program while also pointing out really dumb logic by one of the more prominent college basketball writers
It’s his poll who gives a shat what his logic is.

I didn't read through all the posts but I think people are confused here. GP re-ranks his team every single day. He had Kentucky unranked until Sunday the day after they beat Auburn he put them at 22. Then he moved them to 24 based on other teams passing them up since they won had nothing to do with Kentucky.

That’s a little misunderstood. The way I look at it is that if Cal stays another 5 seasons averaging 10-12 losses per season. That’s another 50-60 losses. Not to mention he will never make another FF and very doubtful he wins the SEC again.

I hate when we lose. But I will take 6-7 more losses this season if it means getting rid of Cal to avoid 50-60 more losses.

And to get a coach that cares about UK and about winning over getting players drafted.
Im with you. I’d rather be bounced round one of ncaa than make a sweet sixteen. Unless cal lands us in the final four he needs to go but only another ncaa early out will seal the deal. Doesn’t make anyone less of a fan to say sacrifice this for the sake of a viable future program.

I don't care if he ranks us at all.

There's just not reasoning or logic to drop a team 2 spots after going 2-0 and having one of the stronger wins on the season.
Both BYU and Utah State had strong wins last night. I don't necessarily agree that they should have jumped us, but it is not without reason or logic.

Both BYU and Utah State had strong wins last night. I don't necessarily agree that they should have jumped us, but it is not without reason or logic.
Auburn was a better win. There’s no reason or logic in giving their wins more credit.

It’s his friggin personal poll he can rank vandy number one for all I care. You guys get too torn up over the wrong things. Well some people do

Not really torn up about it, just pointing out it is not right. This is something that actually affects the team, affects other teams and affects the landscape of college basketball.

Just like baseball writers should lose their votes in the hall of fame things like this should be dismissal for your voting privileges.

None of it will ever matter though they will continue with status quo.

I find it interesting that fans can’t even agree on a Subject as simple as this guy is an idiot and wrong.

No wonder fans are always arguing about how a guy walks or what kind of tie a coach has on.

The logic about the UK ranking is dumb, but the Purdue ranking at 1 is dumber. Same overranked team in the same overrated conference year after year.

Dropping two spots after beating Auburn at Auburn is silly.
And only dropping Auburn by one. This makes no sense to me.

This is not a commentary on UK’s season, lack of consistency, or anything like that.
It defies logic to drop a team 2 spots after going 2-0 on the week with one of the best wins of the season. It's really not even about what Kentucky should or should not be ranked. It's the total logical failure that has to happen to do this that bothers people.
Yeah this was kind of the whole point, regardless of your take on the team.

Reactions: Cats192
Auburn was a better win. There’s no reason or logic in giving their wins more credit.
We just disagree and thats okay.

I struggle to understand why anyone bothers to care about rankings while Calipari is still coaching. It’s just a pointless thing to worry about. Unless it’s just morbid curiosity of how quickly he can tank a season.

Not by dropping a team who went on the road and beat the team ahead of them. Season has NOTHING to do with the change AFTER UK spanked Auburn. AT Auburn. Anyone with a brain would push the team UP, not DOWN for beating a higher ranked team on the road. Quad 1 victories are the MOST important factor in raising a team. Or if they had lost to a team below them dropping them. But he dropped them for winning a quad 1 game. Take your hate for Cal out of it and look at facts. OK by your thinking, take the UNCW loss out and count it as an OUTLIER. because the rest of the losses are quad 1 or 2. We only have ONE bad loss on the resume, UNCW, to me with only ONE quad 3 loss and no quad 4 losses, it qualifies as an outlier. But beating UNC, Florida, and Auburn are not outliers, they are upper quad tier wins. We only have ONE bottom tier loss. Chalk it up as a bad night, it happens.
@ A&M - not a bad loss, they are tough at home (lost in OT)
@ SC - quad 1 loss
UT - quad 1 loss (UT is a top 2 seed)
Kansas - quad 1 loss (Kansas is a top 2 seed) close game
Florida - quad 2, maybe 1 when all is said and done (in OT) and we beat them also.
Gonzaga - quad 2, maybe bumps to a 1. Once again, close game, very close.

We got dominated by SC and UT, but both are quad 1 losses. The rest of the games ALL was winnable. Quit trying too hard, your agenda is shining thru.
Yea you got me. UK is definitely deserving of a higher ranking.

The thing some of you fail to see for some reason is the real embarrassment is the fact the Cats are ranked at all. I don’t care one bit if he dropped them 2. They just came off 3 straight home losses and shouldn’t be near the top 25.

The game against Auburn was an UPSET, nothing else. We aren’t a good team and we are not having a good season.

Time to wake up…

The bad thing is that every time Parrish drops us and we get angry. He gets proven right because we lose the next game. May be a long night in Baton Rouge.
Next time Parrish drops us get ready for a loss. It’s like he has a crystal ball on us this season.
Nah, he just knows Cal sucks. Don’t need a crystal ball to see that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT