ADVERTISEMENT

Love him, hate him, indifferent: Shaedon Sharpe is FINALLY gonna play a real game

You fans can bash Sharpe all you want but the truth is this.... You put the 100 top players in America in his position and almost all of them would leave and go get the money. It's the ways of the time. Kinda like NIL , you can either get on board with it or be left behind because every school caters to kids like this

Reactions: StormCruzzer
Let's just say, based on how/who he was raised, but wouldn't hold my breath in terms on a long term investment. Being raised to think that his actions are acceptable is a hard thing to break. He was raised by people that taught him it is ok to use people (even your own child) for financial gains. Placing money over integrity. When your own parents raise you that way, it's in your DNA.

Side note; We only had a couple guys quit during boot camp. It's actually a lot more mentally challenging than physically. It's a lot easier to get stronger physically than mentally. A person's mind will always either strengthen or weaken their body. I was four years older than most. Which might as well been decades when comparing a married 22yo parent to an 18yo living at their parents. I was able to excel and breeze through boot camp.
easy there, hard charger

I read 15% quit during basic training. I have a 19 year old and a 17 year old. So I will always be on the side of supporting kids whether they make good decisions or dumb decisions. I don’t like how the Sharpe fiasco went down any less than you. But I can’t and won’t judge his character on this decision alone. He has a whole life ahead of him. He may turn out to be one of the best people that ever lived. He may one day with some maturity admit he wishes things had played out different. All I’m saying is don’t throw away a kid at 18.
Regardless of how he may or may not turn out later in his life ... with regard to his opportunity to demonstrate basic character and integrity while at UK ... he couldn't have failed any more miserably. The kid has no character and never deserved to wear the uniform. N.A.D.S. He is another Calipari stain.

Reactions: bookerfan66
You fans can bash Sharpe all you want but the truth is this.... You put the 100 top players in America in his position and almost all of them would leave and go get the money. It's the ways of the time. Kinda like NIL , you can either get on board with it or be left behind because every school caters to kids like this
We can have the #1 class every year. Sign the top 5 and they can sit in the first 5 seats next to the coaches and cheer the team on and the 4*, 3* and walk on guys can actually play the games.

Welcome to my day yesterday. It was too damn hot to do anything. 97 degree heat index at 10 at night.

No tv worth squat yesterday either. I about went bonkers.
Do you stream? We’ve been streaming for almost a year now. Between our pay services and a few free ones, I never run out of things to watch. Cable TV blows.

As far as SS, **** that guy. He made a mockery out of the UK program. Have nothing for the dude.

Congrats Sharpe, you're a millionaire. You'll have all the cars, bling, girls etc. But you know what you'll never have? Honor. Integrity. Character. You'll be a millionaire alright. But you'll also be a lying, using, cowardly, no character bum. ...and I'll admit that I'm butthurt and petty, when you admit what you are. You won't be able to buy character.
My hope is that after he plays, that he isn’t as good as people thought. He’s then out of the league by year 4, only to have squandered his entire contract and his runner took half his money. Then in 10 years a where are they at now shows him as a janitor at a local middle school who teaches 7th grade basketball on the side because he couldn’t get a job with the fake ass degree he received in High School.

Your military mindset doesn’t work on kids. The fact you are throwing away a kid because he hurt your feeling is something I can’t get on board with.
It’s worked on young men since the inception of the Military, which is why our military was the best. Now it’s being ran by dudes in high heels so until that changes it won’t be the best for long.

Do you stream? We’ve been streaming for almost a year now. Between our pay services and a few free ones, I never run out of things to watch. Cable TV blows.

As far as SS, **** that guy. He made a mockery out of the UK program. Have nothing for the dude.
Nah. I still have cable. Need to cut the cord but I actually like my selection normally. Just with it being the holiday, there was not much on.

None-and-done, yet he’s still a “former University of Kentucky player”?

That has been a topic of debate since Shaedon Sharpe decided to keep his name in the NBA Draft without ever playing a game for the Wildcats.

Yet he went on to be the seventh overall pick and will be front-and-center late Thursday night (and/or super early Friday morning) when he is expected to make his NBA Las Vegas Summer League debut with the Portland Trail Blazers.

Whether it claims him or not, surely Big Blue Nation will be interested to see how he fares.

Blazers loved him so much they drafted him instead of trading for veteran help for Lillard

Portland loves Sharpe …he was their guy all along …they just thought he’d be gone by 7

Anyway, it’s must see TV …and not just for UK fans …I’m very interested myself after months of discussing him
Don't give a damn what he does, not a UK player.

Reactions: KFuqua
My hope is that after he plays, that he isn’t as good as people thought. He’s then out of the league by year 4, only to have squandered his entire contract and his runner took half his money. Then in 10 years a where are they at now shows him as a janitor at a local middle school who teaches 7th grade basketball on the side because he couldn’t get a job with the fake ass degree he received in High School.
Nothing wrong with being a janitor. Hard honest work.

It’s worked on young men since the inception of the Military, which is why our military was the best. Now it’s being ran by dudes in high heels so until that changes it won’t be the best for long.yea
Tough when the military gets money taken from them to build picket fences.

Reactions: uk78

You really this dumb? its not the fact that he left. People are mad because he didn’t play while he was here. When his teammates were injured. He let down his team, the fans and the program. If he’d kept up his end of the bargain we’d all celebrate him. But he didn’t. You go embrace kids not playing. Sounds like a lot of fun.

You really this dumb? its not the fact that he left. People are mad because he didn’t play while he was here. When his teammates were injured. He let down his team, the fans and the program. If he’d kept up his end of the bargain we’d all celebrate him. But he didn’t. You go embrace kids not playing. Sounds like a lot of fun.
What if he was doing what he was told ? …When I was 18 I still took orders from my parents and other adults I respected …and I didn’t have near the millions on the line he did lol …he clearly seems like a shy, genuinely nice kid …that writer Krysten Peek who knows him personally tells that about him …his personality seems very non assertive …I’ve heard teammates such as Mintz, Wheeler and others say nothing but what a good teammate he was …just saying all the blame can’t fall on Shaedon himself

But I digress …looking forward to tomorrow’s game …

no-hard-pass.gif

What if he was doing what he was told ? …When I was 18 I still took orders from my parents and other adults I respected …and I didn’t have near the millions on the line he did lol …he clearly seems like a shy, genuinely nice kid …that writer Krysten Peek who knows him personally tells that about him …his personality seems very non assertive …I’ve heard teammates such as Mintz, Wheeler and others say nothing but what a good teammate he was …just saying all the blame can’t fall on Shaedon himself

But I digress …looking forward to tomorrow’s game …

All of the blame for his actions can’t fall on him? Garbage. He is a legal adult and fully capable of making his own decisions and also living with the responsibility of those decisions. Like all of the rest of us.

Don’t think any fans are losing sleep over Sharpe or any player . This a message board things will be discussed even if some feel like pellet should move on .

Reactions: chroix
Don't care enough to read any posts in this thread, cared enough to zoom to the end of the post line to see if anyone was actually reporting/posting on his summer league game debut. Didn't get that. Being here waisted 15 seconds of my life.

Like I said.... Any other top kid that could have came in Jan 10th and find out they didn't have to play and we're gonna be a lottery pick would have done the same thing. He could have said upfront that he wasn't playing and he would test the NBA waters. Then most of the fans would have bitched about that aswell.

I’m blown away that he’s been able to “learn the plays” so quickly in Portland!!! I mean how did he get “up to speed” so fast there and Cal tried to sell the fans that he wasn’t going to play him until he was comfortable with what we do.
What a load of BS, and any fan with a brain knew it was then. But the nuthuggers still defended him.

I’m blown away that he’s been able to “learn the plays” so quickly in Portland!!! I mean how did he get “up to speed” so fast there and Cal tried to sell the fans that he wasn’t going to play him until he was comfortable with what we do.
What a load of BS, and any fan with a brain knew it was then. But the nuthuggers still defended him.
This is a good point …one of the recent Sharpe interviews he said it was different terminology but did not indicate any problems learning the system …in fact suggested bb is bb and it doesn’t take long to get acclimated

Reactions: ck-2
Your military mindset doesn’t work on kids. The fact you are throwing away a kid because he hurt your feeling is something I can’t get on board with.
lol
assumption/judge much?

Military mindset?
throw the kid away?
hurt your feeling?

And NO ONE,asked YOU, to get on board...
Have your opinion, express them...but why TRY to degrade others that disagree? That, is definitely not the high ground.

Last edited:
This is a good point …one of the recent Sharpe interviews he said it was different terminology but did not indicate any problems learning the system …in fact suggested bb is bb and it doesn’t take long to get acclimated
let's see how he does against something beside air, then it can be seen that bb is just bb

Reactions: JST390-2
Little dramatic there grown man

It was one player, ever....

Your words above... You talked about catering to multiple kids like this (Sharpe). So based on your words there should be no issue with the top 5 sitting the bench and watching the games for a season and heading off to the NBA.

Like I said.... Any other top kid that could have came in Jan 10th and find out they didn't have to play and we're gonna be a lottery pick would have done the same thing. He could have said upfront that he wasn't playing and he would test the NBA waters. Then most of the fans would have bitched about that aswell.
You can't say "like I said" and then say something totally different lol. People ain't mad at this dude because he left. They're mad because he used the program's facilities and resources and refused to play while he was here. That's not the same thing at all.

But the other 99 would have played because I don't recall any conversations about Chet, Banchero, Jabari or anyone else refusing to play and expose themselves.

You can't say "like I said" and then say something totally different lol. People ain't mad at this dude because he left. They're mad because he used the program's facilities and resources and refused to play while he was here. That's not the same thing at all.

Pretty sure they logged in as their other account to back themselves up and are busted here.

Your words above... You talked about catering to multiple kids like this (Sharpe). So based on your words there should be no issue with the top 5 sitting the bench and watching the games for a season and heading off to the NBA.
I didn't say anything about not having a problem with it
It wasn't a season, it was about 9 weeks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT